C'mon Friday !!! No Franchise !!! (1 Viewer)

So it actually ends tomorrow evening? Sooner then we thought.

Could you imagine what sort of frenzy the board would be in if Nnamdi Asomugha is not tagged by tonight. People would be sitting on pins and needles and I for one surely would not get much work done until that 3 o’clock deadline.

Having said that I am sure Al Davis will tag him today........ I mean he can't really be that crazy right :dunno:

Could you imagine what sort of frenzy the board would be in if Nnamdi Asomugha is not tagged by tonight. People would be sitting on pins and needles and I for one surely would not get much work done until that 3 o’clock deadline.

Having said that I am sure Al Davis will tag him today........ I mean he can't really be that crazy right :dunno:

I think people take a team not tagging someone right away as a sign they won't tag them. They forget that these teams are trying to land new contracts with these players first, before giving up and putting the tag on them, and committing to paying out the butt for that player in the coming year.

I think the Raiders tag him tomorrow sometime, probably not today. They'll do everything they can to sign him to a new contract first.

I think people take a team not tagging someone right away as a sign they won't tag them. They forget that these teams are trying to land new contracts with these players first, before giving up and putting the tag on them, and committing to paying out the butt for that player in the coming year.

I think the Raiders tag him tomorrow sometime, probably not today. They'll do everything they can to sign him to a new contract first.

exactly, thats why i'm not getting my hopes up unless the clock hits 2:59 PM tomorrow and hes not tagged

Oakland still is owned by Al Davis and his cynical about paying people, so I wouldn't be suprised to see them let Asumugha go. Trufant will hit the market and so will Samuel. I doubt the Jets will be signing anyone on day 1, not that they won't try, but it would be insane for Samuel to sign on day 1 when he can visit around and create a bidding war for his services.

It will be interesting to say the least !!!

That's not true... if anything Al Davis gives away money too freely... he has missed on so many free agents, that's why they usually are in salary cap trouble.

Al will pay Asumungha what he's worth... he fits in what Al Davis likes to see in the Raiders: an aggressive cover corner with speed.

Personally, I'm not enamored with any of these cornerbacks, but I've been saying that for a long time now... I've seen the revolving door we've had at corner for the past 30-40 years, so I don't get too excited about bringing in yet another one.

I'd much rather see the Saints pay more for young, quality, defensive linemen and linebackers.

That's not true... if anything Al Davis gives away money too freely... he has missed on so many free agents, that's why they usually are in salary cap trouble.

Al will pay Asumungha what he's worth... he fits in what Al Davis likes to see in the Raiders: an aggressive cover corner with speed.

Personally, I'm not enamored with any of these cornerbacks, but I've been saying that for a long time now... I've seen the revolving door we've had at corner for the past 30-40 years, so I don't get too excited about bringing in yet another one.

I'd much rather see the Saints pay more for young, quality, defensive linemen and linebackers.

That's pretty much what I've been sayin all along... we can have Champ and Deion (in his Prime) in our secondary, but as long as QBs have 4-5 seconds to scan the field and let receivers get open... we'll be in the bottom-third against the pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom