C'mon Friday !!! No Franchise !!! (1 Viewer)

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well Thursday is a big day for us hopeful Saints fans. I believe we can all agree that without MM (and maybe even with him) we currently have the absolute worst secondary in the NFL.

So whats the big deal Thursday? It's teams last chance to franchise their players, and whats the hot position this year? Thats right !! Cornerback. Top notch young corners like Samuel, Trufant, and Asomugha have yet to be tagged. It's still a possibility for all three, but less likely each day. The great part is that all 3 of those guys can fit our system, so we can wait and get the cheaper of the 3. Personally i'm rooting for Trufant, he's a big time playmaker and I think he'll pull the 3rd best money of the three.

As always my goal is to see us sign a premier FA on defense (which we never do btw) and free up our options for the draft. I hate having 1 first round pick and 5 holes on defense, especially this year !!! Pre combine player rankings don't look good for #10 pick. Of course i'm sure a corner will run a 4.3 and vault directly into the top 10.

Thats all I got...this is a nice little list on the upcoming cornerback free agency...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nf...lt=AmaTwCbS6iiKk0zzuWnN6bdDubYF?urn=nfl,67308

Well Thursday is a big day for us hopeful Saints fans. I believe we can all agree that without MM (and maybe even with him) we currently have the absolute worst secondary in the NFL.

So whats the big deal Thursday? It's teams last chance to franchise their players, and whats the hot position this year? Thats right !! Cornerback. Top notch young corners like Samuel, Trufant, and Asomugha have yet to be tagged. It's still a possibility for all three, but less likely each day. The great part is that all 3 of those guys can fit our system, so we can wait and get the cheaper of the 3. Personally i'm rooting for Trufant, he's a big time playmaker and I think he'll pull the 3rd best money of the three.

As always my goal is to see us sign a premier FA on defense (which we never do btw) and free up our options for the draft. I hate having 1 first round pick and 5 holes on defense, especially this year !!! Pre combine player rankings don't look good for #10 pick. Of course i'm sure a corner will run a 4.3 and vault directly into the top 10.

Thats all I got...this is a nice little list on the upcoming cornerback free agency...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nf...lt=AmaTwCbS6iiKk0zzuWnN6bdDubYF?urn=nfl,67308

Part of Samuel deal with the Pats last year was he would sign the one year tender but the Pats agreed not to tag him again in 2008. That doesn't mean the Pats won't try to sign him to a long term deal.

Thursday just isn't coming fast enough. I'm still amazed that these teams haven't done anything yet. I understand the Pats but the hawks and Thugs? For our sake I hope all stays this way for the time being. We may be able to get at least one of those guys..... no Samuel.

Just to keep things in one thread;

Panthers | Team to place franchise tag on Gross
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:48:34 -0800

Darin Gantt, of The Herald, reports the Carolina Panthers are going to place the franchise tag on OT Jordan Gross.

Chiefs | Team places franchise tag on Allen
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:09:23 -0800

The NFL Network reports the Kansas City Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on DE Jared Allen.

Ravens | Team places franchise tag on Suggs
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:06:12 -0800

Updating a previous report, Baltimore Ravens executive vice president and general manager Ozzie Newsome announced the team has placed the franchise tag on DL Terrell Suggs Tuesday, Feb. 19. The tag gives Suggs a one-year deal worth more than $8 million. If another team signs an offer sheet with Suggs, the Ravens can match the offer, or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

That's all I've seen on there from today and yesterday.

there really wasnt a good list of available corners outside the top 3, Brian Kelly is a cover 2corner, so he might not be a good fit.

Oakland will tag their corner... the Hawks have already mentioned they will tag their kicker over Trufant, and Samuel may be resigned by the Pats or grabbed on day 1 of FA by the Jets.

In other news, the NFL network is reporting that if the Pats lose Samuel, they are interested in reacquiring Ty Law who is expected to be released by the Cheifs.

Oakland will tag their corner... the Hawks have already mentioned they will tag their kicker over Trufant, and Samuel may be resigned by the Pats or grabbed on day 1 of FA by the Jets.

In other news, the NFL network is reporting that if the Pats lose Samuel, they are interested in reacquiring Ty Law who is expected to be released by the Cheifs.

namdi, namdi, namdi........

Oakland still is owned by Al Davis and his cynical about paying people, so I wouldn't be suprised to see them let Asumugha go. Trufant will hit the market and so will Samuel. I doubt the Jets will be signing anyone on day 1, not that they won't try, but it would be insane for Samuel to sign on day 1 when he can visit around and create a bidding war for his services.

It will be interesting to say the least !!!

If somehow the Radiers don't Franchise Namdi I will be amazed, and hopefully the saints would be as agressive or more agressive than they have been so far, with released players.

if they dont franchise NNAMDI then ill be ecstatic if the saints go after him, but it would be completely stupid for him not to

if this board has a hard time spelling Meachem, it will be horrible to see them spell Nnamdi Asomugha

if they dont franchise NNAMDI then ill be ecstatic if the saints go after him, but it would be completely stupid for him not to

if this board has a hard time spelling Meachem, it will be horrible to see them spell Nnamdi Asomugha

I would gladly misspell his name every day if we got him.

Why would anybody want Trufant over Namdi?? Trufant 5-11" 27 years old, playing with inconstant defense. Namdi As-imnotevengunnaattempthislastname-a is 6-2 weighs 210 pounds, is widely regarded as the best Corner in the league after Champ and has been part of one of the best defenses in the league for years. And he's a year younger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom