C'mon Friday !!! No Franchise !!! (1 Viewer)

If Nnamdi doesn't get tagged and miraculously hits FA, the Saints would be stupid if we didn't sign him within the first 24 hours of free agency. He was born in Lafayette, and he is one of the best man-to-man corners right now.

I didnt realize Haynesworth hadn't been tagged yet... :scratch:

Titans are under the cap more than us, I'm certain this will happen soon.

But everyday Nmandi isn't franchised, I get hope because I know who their owner is.

But I think Asante and Trufant won't get tagged and if so, I only want Trufant

I'm surprised that the Oakland CB hasn't been tagged yet...which is good news for us. But we still have today (Wednesday) so we shall see..let keep our fingers crossed!

Aren't the Raiders OVER the cap? If they are...that might be hard for them to do some moves including giving that CB the tag.

More tags;

Panthers | Team places franchise tag on Gross
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:59:03 -0800

Updating previous reports, the Associated Press reports the Carolina Panthers have placed the franchise tag on OL Jordan Gross. The one-year franchise tender for an offensive lineman is $7.45 million.

Colts | Team places franchise tag on Clark
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:58:36 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts have placed the franchise tag on TE Dallas Clark. The one-year franchise tender for a tight end is $4.22 million.

Ravens | Suggs wants tag as defensive end
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:16:38 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Baltimore Ravens DL Terrell Suggs wants to be franchised tagged as a defensive lineman, rather than as a linebacker. Suggs says he played more than 50 percent of the Ravens defensive snaps at defensive end, which has an $8.879 million tender offer. Suggs could challenge the franchise designation in order to have a complete breakdown of the defensive snaps to decide if he should be a defensive end or a linebacker. If the ruling determines more than 50 percent of his snaps were at defensive end, Suggs could get a raise of $814,000. Despite the franchise tag, Suggs and the Ravens are hoping to get a long-term deal worked out before July.

I'm surprised that the Oakland CB hasn't been tagged yet...which is good news for us. But we still have today (Wednesday) so we shall see..let keep our fingers crossed!

Aren't the Raiders OVER the cap? If they are...that might be hard for them to do some moves including giving that CB the tag.

Raiders are 25 mill under the cap

Do you think the Saints would go for Haynesworth? Is he far enough removed from the cleat stomping incident?

So the tag needs to be in place by 12:00 a.m. Thursday?

I'm not sure about you guys but I enjoy this time of year almost as much as the season. This is our opportunity to get the facts and figures on our own players and those around the league. Then of course we have the combine coming in on the 21st. Things are starting to heat up... thats for sure.

The only way i don't see Nnamdi being franchised is the Raiders have too much money invested in top 5 draft picks and stuff.

Nope he hasn't as of yet. I watched the NFL network last night and they discussed the TOP tier FA's and his name was still on the list. It was mentioned of course that the TAG was expected at any time.

Nope he hasn't as of yet. I watched the NFL network last night and they discussed the TOP tier FA's and his name was still on the list. It was mentioned of course that the TAG was expected at any time.

Your right, he hasn't offically been tagged. The Titans have offically said they are going to tag him though.

The reason he hasn't been tagged yet is because they are negotiating a new contract. If they don't come to an agreement by the deadline he'll be tagged.

If we get any of those 3 corners, sign Zach Thomas and draft Keith Rivers, we are in the NFC Champ. game NEXT year !!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom