CNN finds crass comments by Donald Trump Jr on radio show (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Trump Jr. joked about Aurora shooting, Arab stereotypes, overweight people in shock-jock interviews - Oct. 17, 2016

On shows like "Opie and Anthony," the now-defunct "The Six Pack," and "Opie with Jim Norton," the younger Trump made a joke about the 2012 Aurora theater shooting, expressed regret he could no longer mock overweight people, invoked Arab stereotypes, and joked about child beauty contestants being abused by their parents.
The Trump son also noted there were hours of footage of the "The Apprentice" left on the cutting room floor that would appeal to those with a "sick sense of humor."
The audio is in the link. Such a role model!

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Who is he supposed to be a role model for?

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Who is he supposed to be a role model for?

Exactly. I was being sarcastic. Turns out he has skeletons in his closet much like his father. I'm wondering if Ivanka has a history too?

billinms

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I was being sarcastic. Turns out he has skeletons in his closet much like his father. I'm wondering if Ivanka has a history too?
Everybody has a history. Have you never made a tasteless joke or made fun of some group? I know I have. And I'm not defending Trump or baby Trump.

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Everybody has a history. Have you never made a tasteless joke or made fun of some group? I know I have. And I'm not defending Trump or baby Trump.
Not about sexual assualt. Never made fun of a mass shooting either. Have not gone that low.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think if anything it has to do with the idea that he's a better safer version of Daddy Trump to run in 2020 that started with his speech at the RNC. I posted something about this and that link yesterday in one of the other threads with this same story.

It's also kind of part of the family story and their values, sort of like there was reporting on drunk hill Billy Carter or the Bush twins. Not a major story, but a side story.

The audio of the actual victim of the Aurora shooting on the day it happened followed up by the crass "Two thumbs up for that movie" was the worst IMO. Most of the others are bigoted and kind of nasty or mean spirited, but honestly in the audio that one sounds so tone deaf that it's nearly sounds like a sociopathic lack of empathy. I'm not calling him a clinical sociopath, but that comment it's timing/speed and tone is really unnerving no matter who said it.

If you haven't heard it it was about 90 second is I think on the one with an 11gg in the title IIRC. The passage around the sound cloud anyway is talking about it.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For those that complain the boards are too liberal, listen close.

This is a non-story issue. We all know Trump is an arse, and it's not a stretch to think his kids are too.

There isn't anything overly political to talk about with this. Other than he shouldn't be claiming he has perfect kids.. which he never did. He just said they're wonderful.

It just further shows how insulated from reality and compassion someone can be when they have stupid money. Or were born into it, at least.

CNN needs to stop trying to hard though. It's been a slow couple days, so they're stretching it.

billinms

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I think if anything it has to do with the idea that he's a better safer version of Daddy Trump to run in 2020 that started with his speech at the RNC. I posted something about this and that link yesterday in one of the other threads with this same story.

It's also kind of part of the family story and their values, sort of like there was reporting on drunk hill Billy Carter or the Bush twins. Not a major story, but a side story.

The audio of the actual victim of the Aurora shooting on the day it happened followed up by the crass "Two thumbs up for that movie" was the worst IMO. Most of the others are bigoted and kind of nasty or mean spirited, but honestly in the audio that one sounds so tone deaf that it's nearly sounds like a sociopathic lack of empathy. I'm not calling him a clinical sociopath, but that comment it's timing/speed and tone is really unnerving no matter who said it.

If you haven't heard it it was about 90 second is I think on the one with an 11gg in the title IIRC. The passage around the sound cloud anyway is talking about it.
I wasn't defending his comments, it just seems a bit early to start on his character. In all likelihood, he's a rich jerk who was raised by a rich jerk.

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
For those that complain the boards are too liberal, listen close.

This is a non-story issue. We all know Trump is an arse, and it's not a stretch to think his kids are too.

There isn't anything overly political to talk about with this. Other than he shouldn't be claiming he has perfect kids.. which he never did. He just said they're wonderful.

It just further shows how insulated from reality and compassion someone can be when they have stupid money. Or were born into it, at least.

CNN needs to stop trying to hard though. It's been a slow couple days, so they're stretching it
Same could be said about Foxnews. This is on the Foxnews front page right now

‘ACTING LIKE SPOILED BRAT’
Leaked emails bare tension between Clinton aides, Chelsea
Emails expose Chelsea clashes with parents' aides, amid Clinton Foundation concerns | Fox News

Slow day for Foxnews? How is this news?

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I wasn't defending his comments, it just seems a bit early to start on his character. In all likelihood, he's a rich jerk who was raised by a rich jerk.
Correct! Some were saying after the RNC he was better than his father when in reality they are exactly the same.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Correct! Some were saying after the RNC he was better than his father when in reality they are exactly the same.
Until he starts grabbing boxes, I wouldn't call them the same. But, yeah, they're the same otherwise. :hihi:

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Who cares what his son said? His son isn't running for president.

Besides that, I firmly believe that Ivanka would be a better prez than Donald Sr. or either of his bozo idiot sons.

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a distraction that's pointless. The fact that you're pointing to Fox News to bolster your argument is proof. Saint Ward is right, CNN needs to stop trying so hard.

While I think it's news worthy, I'm already tired of the ongoing news coverage about Trump's sexual assaults. I think everybody in America concedes Trump is a creep and a sexual deviant who's assaulted woman. A good portion of our society will vote for him anyway because they don't care if he's assaulted woman. They've made that all to clear. At this point, we're just beating a dead horse.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I agree it's mostly a side story. Aside from the one comment I pretty much agree with what you're saying. Calling people fat, lazy, stereotyping, etc all just seem like generic jerk. I don't even think the really bad comment is a 100% end of discussion he's evil or anything, it's just to me a real doozy because it's so glib right after a real human at a huge tragedy just talked about it. Wasn't saying you missed it, just in the morning version of the article on CNN didn't seem like that one was highlighted enough that everyone would have seen it.

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This election has been horrible.

One side, we have a social degenerate.

On the other side, we have a career political criminal.

Each side, drags the other done into their muck. We all know Bill Clinton is womanizer & Hillary attacked the victims, so they come out with the same muck against the other side. We know <via the FBI & WikiLeaks> Hillary had done illegal stuff, so they bring up Trump's invisible tax returns. *** for Tat. No substance.

Can these two sides ACTUALLY talk about the issues?

.... at least I can vote for Johnson/Weld.
Either of those two, are better than the two mainstream options.

I am so sick of this crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom