CNN talks about 790 the zone shock jocks taking shots at Gleason. (1 Viewer)

Transcript of Atlanta radio show segment mocking Steve Gleason's ALS affliction

In an audio obtained by New Orleans radio station 106.1-FM, the segment opened by discussing Gleason, who is battling the debilitating disease that attacks motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord, atrophying the muscles and eventually causing paralysis. Gleason wrote a guest column in Sports Illustrated on Monday with his eyes, as he is no longer able to move or talk due to the progression of his disease.

"Is he doing like, a media tour?," one of the hosts asked.

"I'm not really sure," another responded. "I know he did this. Joining us right now, Steve Gleason."

Someone posing as Gleason "called" into the show, pausing to breathe heavily before asking Steak Shapiro how his daughter Nola was doing.

"Nola's great, we had a great Father's Day yesterday," Shapiro responded. "Are you listening in New Orleans?"

"I am," the voice responded. "Chris, how was the Jersey Shore?"

Thanks. I just saw the piece on CNN.

I wonder how much Team Gleason is gonna generate from this. Would be awesome if he got so much and that money used actually made progress in understanding ALS and how to combat it at least.

Talk about a happy ending that would be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well it sure worked for me. After my outrage, I remembered that I needed to get another Team Gleason shirt (I have all but 1 now) and immediately went to purchase it.

While Team Gleason has a national presence nationally, most of the support, I would think, comes from New Orleans. Due to this story going viral so quickly, and so many people outraged by what those clowns did, it helps spread the word of their cause.

Hopefully, in the next couple weeks, they'll have to reprint a bunch of merchandise and be overwhelmed by donations.

UHx1imEO1Mfob6RcU-8CEZX2BsLYQnkbJqxV2mPStu0oOgQBMpDwBg_zps797ad08c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fellow SAINTS Fans: There aren't any words for this. I am thinking that, other than calling even MORE attention to Steve and Michele and TEAM GLEASON, these ****** bags, accomplished what they set out to do when they made the decision to move forward with their "bit" and that was to lose their careers! If THAT was what their brains came up with as "funny" to the atl. audience, what does that say about atl? We KNOW what it says about the three idiots who went through with it but to judge that the falcons flagship station's audience would be delighted and titilated by their "clever" joke tells me a LOT about the people who listen to them on some regular basis because this can't be the first "low rent" job they've pulled off only this time, too far is beyond even writing really. As much as I say "Matty Lice" or make fun of this player of that, I KNOW for a FACT that there is no one in New Orleans who even wants a Falcon's player hurt before or during a game vs Our SAINTS, even that dirty Roddy White player has never been urged to pull a hammy in one of our games even if he's making plays, so a New Orleans audience isn't inclined for that sort of thing. Why would these THREE radio minds even consider something so horrendous against someone so cool and then so tragic as Our Steve Gleason, who has been nothing but class during this battle? No, I'm concerned for those who have tolerated so much from what must have come from these morons before this incident and they really "SHOULD" be OUT of radio or ANY media altogether! Good move on the station's behalf and really, they all should have just quit and apologized prior to being suspended even! That's what I take away from this and hope it serves to bolster TEAM GLEASON's awareness and cure campaign! Thanks Steve for being such an awesome individual, you are one of my favorite players and personalities from a team which has had many, many strong personalities! Dignity is a way of life!

So much good is going to result from this.

It's amazing how something so terrible can be the catalyst for something great.

And the Fallout continues....they have now been fired as the host on a sports TV show "Sportsline"

CBS Atlanta cuts ties with 790/The Zone

By Rodney Ho

CBS Atlanta Tuesday terminated its arrangment with 790/The Zone in the wake of the sports talk station firing its morning show Monday.

Trey Fabacher, the general manager, said Steve "Steak" Shapiro, Chris Dimino and Nick Cellini were the primary talent on the hour-long weekly Saturday evening "CBS Atlanta Sportsline" analysis program at 7 p.m. Without them, he said, CBS Atlanta had grounds to end the arrangement.

I have not heard any comment back from the Zone.

In a controversial move in 2009, CBS Atlanta dropped its sports department and stopped reporting daily sports highlights during their telecasts with the layoffs of Gil Tyree and Mark Harmon. They'd cart out a general assignment reporter for broader sports sttories such as the Falcons stadium building or the Final Four coming to Atlanta.

They even did a piece about this on the local news here in Portland last night. These guys are going to get blackballed completely from coast to coast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom