CNN talks about 790 the zone shock jocks taking shots at Gleason. (1 Viewer)

Filaphill

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It`s about to air in a little bit I`m glad these creeps are getting this kind of exposure.

I wonder how much Team Gleason is gonna generate from this. Would be awesome if he got so much and that money used actually made progress in understanding ALS and how to combat it at least.

Talk about a happy ending that would be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It was a pretty good segment ....man these guys are getting a lot of national air time for all the wrong reasons...I'll have the video uploaded to youtube in a minute and I'll post the embed version for anybody that missed it.

Saw this on youtube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NbQRgDaw7f4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/szkn7Htvkr4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those idiots played right into Suzanne Malveaux's (sp.?) hands. She has spent time with the Gleasons because she's doing a special on ALS. At the end of the segment showing the infamous "Knock, knock..." sequence, she just did a :jpshakehead:

And the statement from Team Gleason in effect says that they'll give this incident all the attention it deserves. If there's any humor in this ridiculousness, there was some there.

Tnanks to the OP for alerting us! :9:

I wonder how much Team Gleason is gonna generate from this. Would be awesome if he got so much and that money used actually made progress in understanding ALS and how to combat it at least.

team gleason just released a statement, go to team gleason and read it. steve is one cool dude

CNN is about to interview one of the former 790 the zone host, I wonder what he got to say. :scratch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iVG0QfIsA3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does anyone have a transcript or recording of the actual broadcast? I'd like to hear it and know what the scumbags said.

Transcript of Atlanta radio show segment mocking Steve Gleason's ALS affliction

In an audio obtained by New Orleans radio station 106.1-FM, the segment opened by discussing Gleason, who is battling the debilitating disease that attacks motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord, atrophying the muscles and eventually causing paralysis. Gleason wrote a guest column in Sports Illustrated on Monday with his eyes, as he is no longer able to move or talk due to the progression of his disease.

"Is he doing like, a media tour?," one of the hosts asked.

"I'm not really sure," another responded. "I know he did this. Joining us right now, Steve Gleason."

Someone posing as Gleason "called" into the show, pausing to breathe heavily before asking Steak Shapiro how his daughter Nola was doing.

"Nola's great, we had a great Father's Day yesterday," Shapiro responded. "Are you listening in New Orleans?"

"I am," the voice responded. "Chris, how was the Jersey Shore?"

I'm not one to gloat over a man losing his job, but these guys deserved to get fired and deserve whatever negative press they get.

Dont really feel sorry for them.....but I'll say this: I listened to it, and never got the impression that either of the 2 hosts were super-into it. That doesn't excuse it, because clearly they went along with it and must have known what was going on, before it even happened. But they didn't even give it the "over-the-top fake laugh" like you hear on Bob and Tom every morning. Well, one was snorting/laughing moreso than the other, for sure...but even during the knock-knock jokes you could tell it just felt uncomfortable and awkward at times.

"Family Guy" style humor doesn't work in the real world. It "works" on Family Guy because at the end of the day, that's a cartoon. People are a bit more willing to give a pass to that. But in real time, it's different. Seth MacFarlane, the Family Guy creator, learned this at the Oscars when he made a Chris Brown / Rhianna joke. Those are the types of jokes he's probably made hundreds of times on Family Guy. But when he did it at the Oscars? Major flack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom