CNN to host Green Party Town Hall this Wednesday (1 Viewer)

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Like crazy how?

Yoweigh

is not a rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what Grandadmiral is referring to, but she's been pandering to the anti-science elements of the left, like antivaxxers and nuclearphobes. I noticed it during her Reddit AMA a month or two ago.

OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what Grandadmiral is referring to, but she's been pandering to the anti-science elements of the left, like antivaxxers and nuclearphobes. I noticed it during her Reddit AMA a month or two ago.
That and saying that WiFi is harmful to kids.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This one is going to be interesting to see. Will Jill be able to pull away any of the disenchanted Sanders supporters who still haven't warmed up to Hillary? She's sort of been talking a little crazy lately.

CNN hosting Green Party town hall - CNNPolitics.com
Given the current slate of candidates, my dream scenario would be for Stein and Johnson to get to 15% each in the polls and qualify to appear in the debates. Then, in the general election, no one gets the 270 electoral votes needed, throwing the election to the House. While some would fear that the House would elect Trump, but I believe he'd be eliminated from consideration immediately, along with Clinton. I would hope that a true compromise candidate could be found and would be much better than anyone now running.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's a nightmare scenario. I believe the R's would put in Trump without hesitation.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a nightmare scenario. I believe the R's would put in Trump without hesitation.
Absolutely not. They can't distance themselves from him fast enough. Sure, there would be a few hardliners pushing him, but a compromise candidate would be in the works if the scenario even looked plausible.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Given the current slate of candidates, my dream scenario would be for Stein and Johnson to get to 15% each in the polls and qualify to appear in the debates. Then, in the general election, no one gets the 270 electoral votes needed, throwing the election to the House. While some would fear that the House would elect Trump, but I believe he'd be eliminated from consideration immediately, along with Clinton. I would hope that a true compromise candidate could be found and would be much better than anyone now running.
The problem with that scenario, I believe, is that each State can only vote for a candidate that finished in the top 3 in electoral votes.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
kooks to the left of me and kooks to the right and we're stuck in the middle with who?

Hillary.

The most unpopular candidate ever except the lunatic, Trump.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The problem with that scenario, I believe, is that each State can only vote for a candidate that finished in the top 3 in electoral votes.
You are correct sir. My mistake.

It was a dream scenario after all, though your piece of missing information is enough to snuff out that hope. But although Johnson has proven less attractive to me over time, he would still be preferred to either of the major party candidates and this article suggested such a result back in January:

https://olddominionlibertarian.word...ld-let-the-house-stop-both-clinton-and-trump/

He agrees, maybe from a biased position, that the Republican-led House would not be interested in installing Trump and would not name Clinton, so Johnson could emerge as a compromise choice. I still prefer that.

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
kooks to the left of me and kooks to the right and we're stuck in the middle with who?

Hillary.

Trump don't realize what he could have had. I still do not believe he is a racist, nor many if the other labels that he now owns. He is just so damn, opportunistic, that he will do anything to get the nod, get win, get the vote etc. Which makes him, actually, worse, than a bigot. One of my nephews, early on, was a die to the end Bernie fan. College kid, and active. He said that if Bernie loses, Hillary would never get his vote, he lists a laundry of thing, including the racist stuff she did towards Obama in 2008. He said it would be Bernie or he is going with Trump.

Now, we are older, and wiser, so, I knew he did not know all about Trump like many of us did, but we don't burst those bubbles in our family. I simply said, that "You must make sure that you check each one of those candidates out, before making a final decision". Slowly but surely, he began to see Bernie fade, and as Trump continued is silly hateful run across the country, my sister (his mom) stepped over the line and said, "But you aren't voting for that fool!" She didn't realize that he had already stated that he can't "Vote for nothing like that"...before whe entered the room.

He told her that he made his mind up before the Conventions that he will vote against Trump and even work too Hillary, if they asked. Now look...does that young man love Hillary? Hell no, but when you have a curmudgeon like Trump on the other side of the ticket ... you will actually find good things about their opponents. Hillary has an amazing opportunity to be different in her dealings, be open, upfront, and don't get caught in anything else Clintonlike...she will do the amazing. Make people who were turned OFF for on her, give her a second shot. Even work for her. That all thanks to the car wreck known as Donald Trump.

He was the outsider. Anti-Clinton. Many people, of all ills liked him, and knew him through the Apprentice. Nobody knew about his bad deals, racist tendencies or even his bankruptcies. Hell, most of my family were fond of him, and saw him as someone that would give anyone a shot...with Omarosa and those hirings. When he double downed on Mexican, my ninja crap, keep Muslims out, she was bleeding...he lost the last person in my family that would even have a second thought of giving him a shot. That was all before Khan, Kill Hillary, The election rigged and too much more to name.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
You are correct sir. My mistake.

It was a dream scenario after all, though your piece of missing information is enough to snuff out that hope. But although Johnson has proven less attractive to me over time, he would still be preferred to either of the major party candidates and this article suggested such a result back in January:

https://olddominionlibertarian.word...ld-let-the-house-stop-both-clinton-and-trump/

He agrees, maybe from a biased position, that the Republican-led House would not be interested in installing Trump and would not name Clinton, so Johnson could emerge as a compromise choice. I still prefer that.
Unlike most people in the country - I think the Democrats can take the House this year given how terribly unpopular Trump is/will be.
But, Republicans might/probably still control the number of State house delegations. And its the new house that would decide.

Anyways - its all fairy tale land because Clinton is going to get a majority of EVs with ease.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Unlike most people in the country - I think the Democrats can take the House this year given how terribly unpopular Trump is/will be.
But, Republicans might/probably still control the number of State house delegations. And its the new house that would decide.

Anyways - its all fairy tale land because Clinton is going to get a majority of EVs with ease.
I completely agree. I had thought that we might see a Mondale type of defeat for Trump, but that's probably unrealistic. It will still be "Uuuuge."

OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score

I've been there as well. The disdain for the GOP this is strong, much stronger than hatred for Hillary.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Hillary.

Great, now I have Steeler's Wheel running on a loop in my brain. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Taker597 Demario Davis, Terron Armstead, and Drew Brees host a roundtable. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
The Saints will host family members of staff and players in test mode for opening stadium to fans. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3 Biggest takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs the Green Bay Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: CSC’s What Just Happened? breaks down Saints’ loss to the Green Bay Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 28: Saints running back had a big game in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What we learned, what's trending and final thoughts from the Saints 37-30 loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints lean heavily on Alvin Kamara in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Offense compared to Green Bay is stale, too many bonehead penalties Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Can Saints offense get back on track? Who are Green Bay's non-QB stars? 3 things to watch for Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Green Bay Vlogger ridicules Taysom and his new contract Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
New Orleans Saints vs Green Bay Packers: Key Matchups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five questions before Week 3: New Orleans Saints vs. Green Bay Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers stack up for Week 3 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taysom vs Green Bay Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0