Coach could use a lil anger management. (1 Viewer)

Saintuary

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
One of our coaches was yelling and screaming about a call. Payton came over, pushed him out of the way and started yelling. It looked to me that Coach was mad with his own coach and wanted to fight. Did anybody noticed this incident?

Payton is the only person allowed to speak to the officials. Bill Johnson was over-stepping his bounds on that one. Payton could have handled it better but I am pretty sure that that is what the incident was all about.

One of our coaches was yelling and screaming about a call. Payton came over, pushed him out of the way and started yelling. It looked to me that Coach was mad with his own coach and wanted to fight. Did anybody noticed this incident?

I saw it, but what had happened was that Payton was moving along the sidelines to try to hear or see what was going on with a penality and the coach you are talking about was in his way, or actually out on the field a little (big no-no). Looked to me like Payton barked a little to him to get back on the sideline, and out of his way...

I saw it, but what had happened was that Payton was moving along the sidelines to try to hear or see what was going on with a penality and the coach you are talking about was in his way, or actually out on the field a little (big no-no). Looked to me like Payton barked a little to him to get back on the sideline, and out of his way...

That's the way I saw it to. Other coach was way out on the field and Payton was telling him to get the hell back.

We should have faked a field goal instead of going for it on that 4th down. After the Bills did it, SeanP. felt like he played himself and was outsmarted. He was furious from that point on and never really recovered.

Yes. I saw it. it appears he was trying to get the Assistant to move back and avoid a penalty. He, Payton then went towards the side judge complaining about the call. I agree with what he did. We didn't need to get a scond penalty because an assistant was about to create a sideline violation and cast some unflattering words towards the official.

There is a time and a place, but not one you are already fsciing a bad call, to cause an unnecessary penalty to be called.

You make it sound like Payton went out of his way to push him. That's not the case. They ran into each other.

We should have faked a field goal instead of going for it on that 4th down. After the Bills did it, SeanP. felt like he played himself and was outsmarted. He was furious from that point on and never really recovered.

The Bills would have been looking for a fake.

I think Payton was letting Johnson know only HE gets to yell at refs :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom