Coach Ensminger Loses Daughter-In-Law, Carley McCord in a plane crash heading for Atlanta (edited title) (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just heard that news... no details yet.
So very sad. :sad:

The reports are that those among the dead are the wife of Steve Ensminger Jr, Carley McCord.
I can't imagine how Coach Ensmiger will be able to handle his duties as OC today. This is just too much for anyone with the team not to be affected.

Last edited:
OMG. ....I can't even imagine the heartache he's going through. Prayers

The daughter-in-law is Carley McCord, who was also a sideline reporter for Cox Sports & ESPN Game host for the Pelicans & Saints.

I really had no idea who she was, but I do remember seeing that Taysom Hill interview just last week. Wow.

Not a joke but it's been a bad year for NOLA area reporters and small planes.

So where is son? He go on ahead from the Liberty Bowl I wonder?

Oh my word. How unbelievably tragic. I'm at a loss for words. Ugh. Prayers for all. Sigh.

I really had no idea who she was, but I do remember seeing that Taysom Hill interview just last week. Wow.

Not a joke but it's been a bad year for NOLA area reporters and small planes.

So where is son? He go on ahead from the Liberty Bowl I wonder?
Considering her reporter job, it wouldn't be so hard to understand that her and her husband would have been traveling to Atlanta at different times. Perhaps Ensminger Jr wanted to be in Atlanta with his dad earlier.

But that is just speculation on my part.

Considering her reporter job, it wouldn't be so hard to understand that her and her husband would have been traveling to Atlanta at different times. Perhaps Ensminger Jr wanted to be in Atlanta with his dad earlier.

But that is just speculation on my part.
Yeah, I was just having lingering thoughts from before I knew who she was and wondering why they weren't traveling together. I'm guessing, like you, that he was already in Atlanta. What a tragedy.

This literally changes everything. I truly don't care what happens today. I want the Tigers to win but it's 45 min from game... Sure they got the news earlier... In midst of preparations. That had to come to a halt. Coach O has to be emotional wreck and rightfully so.

This is absolutely tragic. I can't imagine. Man o man.

Not that this changes anything but I don't think that carly had any kids, but there were kids on the plane. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family. Such a terrible tragedy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom