Coach Ensminger Loses Daughter-In-Law, Carley McCord in a plane crash heading for Atlanta (edited title) (1 Viewer)

This literally changes everything. I truly don't care what happens today. I want the Tigers to win but it's 45 min from game... Sure they got the news earlier... In midst of preparations. That had to come to a halt. Coach O has to be emotional wreck and rightfully so.

This is absolutely tragic. I can't imagine. Man o man.
Coach O has already officially commented on the crash in the media and gave the answer to reporters that Coach Ensminger will still be calling the game today. I am so torn now about this. I hope the man is able to deal with this tragedy in his own way. But I don't know how he can't be destroyed inside right now.

Yeah, I mean, being a local reporter, she is sort of known so that would still be a big story but with the family connection, ugh.

Not that this changes anything but I don't think that carly had any kids, but there were kids on the plane. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family. Such a terrible tragedy.
Still being mum on the other 3 fatalities besides her and the pilot.

Last edited:
Not that this changes anything but I don't think that carly had any kids, but there were kids on the plane. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family. Such a terrible tragedy.
True, that would be a different storyline even if not less heartbreaking. I only included the news about the children because that is how I first heard the story. It's tragic no matter whose children it was that perished in this crash.

Well prayers to the Family. I know the players love him and will be playing their hearts out.

As far as the game, this can be a distraction for the team, or a big motivator to win. My guess is they win BIG for their coach. The players must have very heavy hearts. I pray for them as well.

Reports are coming in now that only one child was a passenger on the airplane, a 15 year old male named Michael Walker Vincent.

The report says that one passenger survived the crash but is in critical condition. He is 37 year old, Stephen Wade Berzas.

There were three other injuries on the ground (not passengers) with no report of their names or their conditions.

Shouldn't the title be changed since it seems there were no grandchildren involved? Is that correct?

What a tragedy! I jus saw Coach E during warmups on tv, and he looked so heavy hearted. ?

My thoughts n and prayers for him and his family! ???

Shouldn't the title be changed since it seems there were no grandchildren involved? Is that correct?
Changed it right before you posted this. The story changed very quickly.

Horrible tragedy.
Prayers for his family

My brother's daughter was a classmate and close friends with the 15 year old. This is just heart breaking. Prayers for the families. ?

I was going to post this on the main board. Awful to lose such a young reporter.

The aviation guy in me wants to know more about the crash and what kind of plane. Small private planes are so dependent on good maintenance and pilots are more likely to do their own or get sub par maintenance.

I was going to post this on the main board. Awful to lose such a young reporter.

The aviation guy in me wants to know more about the crash and what kind of plane. Small private planes are so dependent on good maintenance and pilots are more likely to do their own or get sub par maintenance.
Piper Cheyenne with 6 people on and should accommodate 8. Reports are the aircraft caught wires. It landed at the post office a couple miles from the end of runway 04/22. It would have had to been really low for that scenario to play out.

KLFT 281431Z VRB04KT 3/4SM BR OVC003 19/19 A2996 RMK AO2 T01940189
KLFT 281417Z VRB03KT 2SM BR OVC002 19/19 A2996 RMK AO2 T01940189
KLFT 281401Z 1 1/4SM BR OVC002 19/19 A2995 RMK AO2 T01940189

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom