Coach O or not to O? (1 Viewer)

Should Coach O still be the top consideration for LSU job

• Total voters
Eh....

He's moved to 2nd place for me. I favor jimbo fisher unless we need to save some money.

Maybe the best thing to do is hire Orgeron at a discount and wait for the ideal guy to come along.

If no one can beat Bama then it's just a matter of recruiting well and keeping us on track.

I am for Coach O!
We could not ask for a better cultural, personal, or temperamental fit than Coach O.

Now, with that being said, he has to bring in a new Offensive mind and change the whole scheme and rebuild from the ground up. We also need a legitimate player at QB, and a coach who will develop and grow players at the position. We have not a had a legitimate QB prospect since Mett and he was a transfer anyway.
That to me is the most important piece missing. A multiple and adaptable offensive scheme and a playmaking QB.

Coach O is the perfect figurehead for the Program and University, just need to bring in a new O-coordinator and scheme. All these other names are huge question marks, take they guy you know loves the school and state and will work he a## off for this program. We can find players and coaches to fit his vision.
Geaux Coach Oeaux!!!

Does Ensminger stay or go if O gets the offer?

If go, im all for him getting the job. If he keeps him, then i dont offer him the position.

No Dog in this fight, but I say give it time, leaning towards yes. FIL is a USC booster, and he really liked O (seems all the old money guys did, but the young money wanted him out for Sark). If LSU wants to secure its boarders it will find some way to keep O around, but demoting him is a slap in the face (unless he is paid as much as the Coach which I doubt).

Does Ensminger stay or go if O gets the offer?

If go, im all for him getting the job. If he keeps him, then i dont offer him the position.

Are you saying offer O the job on the condition of bringing in a new OC??

Cause I would agree with you. I like Ensminger and feel he has done a good job with the tools he was handed to work with. I would definitely keep him on staff, if he wants to stay on, put him back at TE coach or something. He has a ton of experience and has a lot to offer.

These next 3 games are the final steps in the audition for Coach O. If he wins all 3 the job has to be his. If he loses to arky or FL I say look elsewhere. A&M is a toss up. Lose a close game on the road he can stay, get blown out by an incomplete A&M, you gots to go!!

I really think fans need to figure out what they want from the program.

If you want a championship then you have to admit that the path is through Nick Saban and until you take him down, it's not happening. That's why this game was so important. Coach O beats Saban, he passes a huge test.

He gets some grace because he's "Interim" coach and the OC is not his guy, it's not his QB and this or that but there's a lot of working parts and he's got a lot of really really good parts right now that he'll likely never see again in players that were drafted a few years ago. Many are questioning the play calling.

So for fans that want a championship, it comes down to whether or not you think O can beat Saban. I'm not convinced he can.

If he wins out in strong form then it'd be really good but.... beating Saban is still strongly in question.

If you want a guy that'll get you 9-10 wins a year, O can get that done. Heck, Miles got that done.

Personally, I want a championship. I don't expect it every year but I want another banner asap.

I think Fisher is THAT guy.

I think LSU fans need to realize that you'll never beat Bama trying to overpower them.

So as much as some recoil at getting a more offensive minded/wide open coach, it's probably exactly what you need to actually compete.

I think LSU fans need to realize that you'll never beat Bama trying to overpower them.

So as much as some recoil at getting a more offensive minded/wide open coach, it's probably exactly what you need to actually compete.

The advocate or WWL did an article on coach O after he was selected and they said how he borrowed SPs offensive philosophy and wanted to spead teams out.

In that regard you need a good QB but the current QBs are all from the Les Miles recruits..I think he wants to play that kind of offense but he doesn't have the QB to do it. He may be worth keeping.

would the qb's we have in the next recruiting class fill the bill?

it should be noted that they are Miles recruits.

If they have the talent and know how to perform in the new offense, then there's no reason not to stick with QBs Miles has recruited. I know it's just a note, but if we can keep the ones well worth keeping, you do what you can to try and keep them.

If they have the talent and know how to perform in the new offense, then there's no reason not to stick with QBs Miles has recruited. I know it's just a note, but if we can keep the ones well worth keeping, you do what you can to try and keep them.

Obvious.
I wouldn't suggest that we discard what we have in hand for an unknown and probably unlikely possibility elsewhere. I think myles brennan could be quite good. I don't know much about the narcisse except he is mobile but has several knee injuries. Personally, I prefer a mobile guy.

I wish i had the answer to our qb problems. "Get better players", "develop the qb's". Easier said than done. The qb situation at lsu is a tough one. 4&5 star guys in La are rare.
Since high star recruits aren't going to suddenly appear within a day drive from baton rouge, we have to develop what we can get. Cam cameron was suppose to be that guy. Personally, i think jimbo fisher is the guy to bring about the change we want at qb.
I see no indication that Orgeron is and I see no indication that he has the answer with an OC or qb coach.

Bama is getting qb's from california to come play in... Tuscaloosa alabama... Shakehead. That's remarkable. And brings a slight cramp in my lower bowel.

I think he's done a good job and revitalized a team that Les Miles seemed to have 'lost'. That said, those two losses to supposedly mediocre (at the time) teams that sealed Miles fate have turned out to be losses to teams that turned out to be pretty good after all.

Still, LSU backers and fans want a coach that can help the team challenge for the championship (aka, beat Bama) every year. Truth be told, I don't see that coach among those that are potentially available - ie, Coach O is likely to be that guy as much as anyone, however it's just as likely that 'beating Bama' is something that will have to wait until after Saban retires. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom