Coach O press conference (1 Viewer)

I'm not fully convinced the guys under center were the problem. At least that's what I'm hoping. From what I've seen out of Etling, I think he's do really well in a pro style offense. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah, I am hoping the same thing. I liked what I have seen from Etling so far. If they put him in a better place to succeed then we have a chance.

This team is so talented that you don't need an amazing player back there at QB (ex: Matt Flynn, Matt Mauck, John Parker Wilson, AJ McCarron, etc.), you just need someone to get the ball to the play makers and be more unpredictable with the play calling and formations.

I liked what Coach O said about mixing it up, and getting the TE's more involved, and not running against 8 or 9 man fronts (duh!!). Just some of the things that any logical coach would do and plan to do.

If the staff just puts players in a position to make plays and puts the players that deserve to play in the game and don't play favorites then we will see some improvement. Whether we see enough improvement for Coach O to get the job full time, we will have to wait and see.

Oh, and I just read on ESPN.com that the decision to fire Cam Cameron was completely up to Coach O. He felt it best to let CC go and promote Ensminger. Another example of a good decision made by Coach O so far!

LSU Tigers interim coach Ed Orgeron made call to fire offensive coordinator Cam Cameron

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-42m0L4ITf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Listening to the Coach O radio show....wow that sounds weird, and you can't help but be excited listening to him. He's on Cloud 9 to be the HC at LSU and I'm finally super excited about a game. IMO Mizzou is walking into a buzzsaw.

Listening to the Coach O radio show....wow that sounds weird, and you can't help but be excited listening to him. He's on Cloud 9 to be the HC at LSU and I'm finally super excited about a game. IMO Mizzou is walking into a buzzsaw.

Indeed.

He is pumped. He sounds like a guy who has every intention of doing well and keeping this job.

I'm excited for the remainder of the season and I can't help but root for Orgeron to do well.

Direct quote from a caller to the Ed Orgeron show today: "For the first time in the history of LSU football, we got a coach that don't have a accent."

God I love it.

You just can't help but root for the guy.

And yes, Mizzou is definitely walking into a buzzsaw.

Direct quote from a caller to the Ed Orgeron show today: "For the first time in the history of LSU football, we got a coach that don't have a accent."

God I love it.

He laughed and said it's the first time he's been a coach somewhere where they didn't say he had an accent LOL

I think the ONLY way Coach O gets to stay is:

1. He wins 7 - beats Bama, but loses a close one to either A&M or Ole Miss. Most likely scenario for him to stay.
2. He wins 7, but loses to Bama. Still a good show of improvement over last year.
3. On the outside, he MAY be asked to stay if he loses a close one to Bama AND a close one to either Ole Miss or A&M, finishing 6-2 (8-4 overall) with strong, decisive wins against the remaining teams, including blowouts against the non-conference teams. But I doubt that will happen.

So what if Coach O winds up winning *8* games?? That wouldn't warrant being one of your options for him keeping the job?? :scratch:

If he wins 8 games he will have a TON of backers...that being said I don't know if Alleva feels he's def safe unless he brings in a BIG name

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom