Coach O press conference (1 Viewer)

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Listening to the introductory presser for Coach O right now..........and I am loving it!! I like what he is saying and what he is planning.

Said Peveto is only coaching Special Teams to focus on that area, as he said he needs improvement.

Said Ensimenger will work with Kragthorpe to instill a new offensive philosophy.

Pete Jenkins will help Coach O with running the overall program.

Also said that they will spend more time in the film/meeting room and less time on the practice field to keep them fresh.

I like what I am hearing....hopefully we see the changes reflected on the field.

Let's geaux Coach O!!!!!! Geaux Tigers!!!!:9:

I expect a "new" LSU Tiger team to take the field starting this weekend against Mizzou. Hard to predict a record with the tough SEC sledding, but I wouldn't be surprised if Coach O plays himself into a legit chance to land the long term job at LSU. Orgeron has all of the elements of a good head coach.....and admitted to mistakes made while at Ole Miss years ago.

Clearly, Herman and Fisher would be better choices for the job, but after the top echelon of coaches......you could do a lot worse than Coach O. I'm really interested to see if he can get the entire team to buy into his message and start playing to their collective ability.

I agree with the sentiment that O can win the job - I feel he's ready. I think the players will buy into him and the coaches as well - the mistakes he made at Ole Miss... he learned a lot from that and his time with Kiffen of all folks. I personally look at Herman and really Shaw as the top tier, Fisher is a little below that - with Orgeron right there with him. I like Aranda a LOT too - I just don't know if he could be the guy over Orgeron, Fisher, or Herman.

He sounds like he has it all figured out. Almost like he's been thinking about this moment for a while now.

If he beats alabama... Things are going to get real interesting

Just curious to know what kind of record Orgeron has to produce the rest of the way to earn the starting job next year? Or would the decision be more about 'who' he can beat as much as 'how many'?

:scratch:

The Film Room comment is the thing I could see paying immediate dividends.

I expect a "new" LSU Tiger team to take the field starting this weekend against Mizzou. Hard to predict a record with the tough SEC sledding, but I wouldn't be surprised if Coach O plays himself into a legit chance to land the long term job at LSU. Orgeron has all of the elements of a good head coach.....and admitted to mistakes made while at Ole Miss years ago.

Clearly, Herman and Fisher would be better choices for the job, but after the top echelon of coaches......you could do a lot worse than Coach O. I'm really interested to see if he can get the entire team to buy into his message and start playing to their collective ability.

you gotta surround yourself with folks that excel at their respective positions to achieve greatness. he said he realized that after Ole Miss.

Peveto - he shoulda been sent packing too. but he on notice now. Let Gamble kick it OOB just one more time and watch O go nuclear on BDP.

I like his energy - its always been infectious. And if he truly learned from Ole Miss that getting good people helps, then lay ur plan out and go from there.

Said Ensimenger will work with Kragthorpe to instill a new offensive philosophy.
So, before everyone gets too excited let's look at what Orgeron actually said:
"We're going to spread the ball out a little bit. Change the style of play a bit."

"We're going to be very multiple and i'm very much a pro-style guy."

"I'm going to lean on a lot of the things from the past that I had success with and working with Steve."

So, don't expect a spread offense or facets of the spread offense. I think we will still see a run heavy offense and much, much more play-action passing. He mentioned the TE getting involved in the passing game as well. In other words, we heard the same stuff we have heard for the last few years but in a Cajun accent.

I did find this very positive:
"We are going to work very hard on clock management in practice. Someone will be in press box on that alone."
Everything he said and we have heard indicates he intends to duplicate the things he did at USC. They'll shorten the practices, emphasize having fun, bring in some people to speak to the team, etc. and tap into the passion of the players.

Subway Fresh Take - Week 5 - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

Until LSU puts someone else under center then teams are still going to load the box to stop the run and make them beat you with the passing game. I'm not sure they have the guy on the roster to make a difference yet. Next year with Myles Brennen in house then you can begin the change.

One thing I know for a fact is that if Ogeron would have been LSU's coach two years ago Ole Miss wouldn't have Chad Kelly. When Kelly was at East Mississippi CC he was a huge fan of LSU. He felt he had a better chance with his style at Ole Miss than he would at LSU.

Until LSU puts someone else under center then teams are still going to load the box to stop the run and make them beat you with the passing game. I'm not sure they have the guy on the roster to make a difference yet. Next year with Myles Brennen in house then you can begin the change.

I'm not fully convinced the guys under center were the problem. At least that's what I'm hoping. From what I've seen out of Etling, I think he's do really well in a pro style offense. Time will tell I guess.

Just curious to know what kind of record Orgeron has to produce the rest of the way to earn the starting job next year? Or would the decision be more about 'who' he can beat as much as 'how many'?

:scratch:

I was thinking about this.

Remaining schedule is Mizzou, Florida, USM, Ole Miss, Bama, Arkansas, S. Alabama and Texas A&M (8 games)

In previous years, we'd be expected to win at least 5, maybe six of those. With this year's team (no QB, hobbled Fournette, shaky O-line) and if Les stayed, I'd say we would have only won 3; at best 4.

I think the ONLY way Coach O gets to stay is:

1. He wins 7 - beats Bama, but loses a close one to either A&M or Ole Miss. Most likely scenario for him to stay.
2. He wins 7, but loses to Bama. Still a good show of improvement over last year.
3. On the outside, he MAY be asked to stay if he loses a close one to Bama AND a close one to either Ole Miss or A&M, finishing 6-2 (8-4 overall) with strong, decisive wins against the remaining teams, including blowouts against the non-conference teams. But I doubt that will happen.

More than likely, I see this team going 4-4 for the remainder of the season, no matter what Orgeron does, finishing 6-6 and he will be gone. 2 of the wins will be against the non-con opponents, and the other 2 will be from the Mizzou / Florida / Arkansas box. No way we are coming close to beating Bama or A&M, and very doubtful we will be able to hang with Ole Miss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom