Article Coach of the Cardinals weighing in on the convoluted new PI rule..... (1 Viewer)

It's all BS.

3 of 38 challenged calls have been overturned.

The refs are not overturning them as a protest to the rule being added.

It is difficult to conclude otherwise at this point. The non-call on Hopkins, I mean.....they're just giving everyone the finger.

Meanwhile, yesterday the Bucs had five first downs by penalty, and we had.....none. Again.

I think that the DPI non-call got over turned in favor of Cardinals is because of the non-reversal of the obvious DPI in the earlier texans/ravens game. Al Riveron knew that he cannot neglect two obvious PI challenges.

Kingsbury is a complete and utter idiot.

he had a 3 point lead on the 49ers, his defense just got a turnover. all they needed was 2 first downs since there was 3 min on the lock and SF had 3 time outs.

And the idiot goes ultra conservative. 3 straight run up the middle plays everyone saw coming, and gained a whopping 3 yards.

They punted and with 2:35 on the clock with 3 SF timeouts.

Utter idiot of a coach.

he had a 3 point lead on the 49ers, his defense just got a turnover. all they needed was 2 first downs since there was 3 min on the lock and SF had 3 time outs.

And the idiot goes ultra conservative. 3 straight run up the middle plays everyone saw coming, and gained a whopping 3 yards.

Utter idiot of a coach.
So, what are your thoughts on the coach over in Arizona? Pretty smart dude ehh? Lol

At this point we would be better off with players calling their own penalties...

It is difficult to conclude otherwise at this point. The non-call on Hopkins, I mean.....they're just giving everyone the finger.

Meanwhile, yesterday the Bucs had five first downs by penalty, and we had.....none. Again.
We were on the right side of that controversial call on Evans though.

Utter idiot of a coach.

They also sold out on a blitz that SF burned them on to take the lead and ultimately win the game. If they play more conservative D, they possibly hold them to 3 and the game is tied.

The NFL didn't want to install the PI replay in the first place. They were forced into it, they had to appease the outraged fans and sports media. They will overturn as few challenges as possible, and may try to throw out the rule in a year or 2.

Personally, I don't like a lot of overturned calls for anything. The call on the field should carry 3/4 of the weight, and only very obvious missed calls should be overturned. If they have to ask themselves "Am I sure?", then the call on the field should not be overturned.

Its ridiculous. The timing of the calls is crazy and beyond simple coincidence or psychological effect. The refs are intentionally keeping games more competitive in my opinion. Cam Jordan's tweet was spot on. These guys will gift a first down on a questionable hold on a receiver who wasnt open and wasnt even in the play all the while ignoring the fact that the offensive line has him in a choke hold. Okie dokie.

So they only burned only 25 seconds of clock on 3 running plays and SF did not even burn a timeout ?

Interesting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom