coach on the HB pass... (1 Viewer)

City Champ

HOF 2010
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
'BAD CALL, BAD TIME': Payton said he doesn't think it was a mistake to attempt a halfback option pass from Reggie Bush to Marques Colston, which resulted in an interception in the first quarter Sunday.

But he said it probably was a mistake that he was "stubborn enough to stick with it after we had jumped offside and then had 12 friggin' guys in the huddle," giving the Saints first-and-goal from the 18-yard line.

"I've seen that play be effective," Payton said. "It's one of those things that if it goes, it's written up in all the magazines and newspapers, and everyone wants to know the name of the play. But that's part of the deal. The timing of it wasn't good especially.

"Bad call, bad time, and I'm getting too cute at that situation in the game. That's on me."

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/116227849693810.xml&coll=1

You have to appreciate the way this coach takes responsibility and owns up to a mistake. He expects his players to accept responsibility and he leads by example. He is certainly a breath of fresh air compared to what we have been accustomed to...

You have to appreciate the way this coach takes responsibility and owns up to a mistake. He expects his players to accept responsibility and he leads by example. He is certainly a breath of fresh air compared to what we have been accustomed to...

You mean you didnt like hearing...."well if the zebras wouldnt have screwed us by calling bogus penalties, then we wouldnt have had this problem. What? Can Reggie throw? Of course he can throw, he is a heckuva playa, heckuva playa, of course he can throw, he can catch too. But when it comes down to it, the Zebras ruined it for us."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom