"Coach Payton is Reggies #1 Fan" (1 Viewer)

thats one thing we are gonna have to realize, reggie may never break walter payton all time rushing record, but he could break the most yards from scrimmage record (not sure who holds that) his career could end up like Tiki Barbers 5000 yrds recieving and 9000yrds rushing..we want him to be our 100yrd rusher and threw a 16 game schedule he may really only hit that mark 5 or 6 times the other games he would be getting 50-75yrds...this is just how i see the guy and his career and the 100yrd game will be 10-15 carry 130yrds, cause he will break a long one...when you think about a players career think Brian Westbrook, or Tiki Barber, dont think Ladanian and it wasnt until year 5 or 6 of Tiki year that he got strong and tough enough to be a 1300yrd back so there might be 3-4 yrs before we see that kinda production out of reggie he's 21yrs old in a grown man game, he could be the same size 5'11-6'0 203-205pds but the difference is that at age 23-24 he would just be stronger because he would of matured in this league he is a college kid playin in the nfl right now, he was a junior so the imaturity is there..he will come along guys, but right now his recieving counts just as much as his running and this team is winning, reggie IS contributing whether we like the way he is or not and with a guy like reggie is gonna have to be and always have to be a team effort to get over 100yrds so its always gonna be Reggie plus what ever back they find (if duece is gone, wont be here forever) to carry the heavy load..reggie is an everydown back but like Westbrook, Sanders, Barber, Dunn they had players who got the tough yrds for them until they were more seasoned in there careers, Reggie is taking the same road, trust it will be ok.

I agree to a point- I still think, no matter what Coach or Reggie say, that they would have liked to see at least a couple of those runs go beyond 1 or 2 yards or, worse, negative yardage. That said, I was dead-set against Bush even playing yesterday b/c we all know what can happen when you rush back before an ankle sprain is fully-healed; it nags and can become a season-long thing.......

awesome, I like Payton more every day, and that Bush block was incredible

I also remember Reggie giving someone a back body drop (you wrestling fans know what I mean) to a Raven last week on a block.

And personally, if Bush gets 1,000 offensive yards, I'm happy. If he and Deuce can combine for 2,000, that's all we really need. And rightnow, throuh 8 games, they have combined for 1,115 offensive yards on 255 touches for a 4.37 average per touch. Get either of these guys the ball either passing or rushing and you'll get 4 yards a pop on average.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom