Coach Payton Press Conf Call 10-13-16 (1 Viewer)

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sean Payton says no setback for Dannell Ellerbe, who was rehabbing over the bye week and sat out practice Wednesday.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein(@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/786567374904238081">October 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is technically true --

in order to have a <b>setback</b> you have to have ascended to a level you can setback from. Ellerbe hasn't practiced in ages, so it can't technically be a setback for him to still not be practicing. ;)

So very well stated.

in order to have a setback you have to have ascended to a level you can setback from. Ellerbe hasn't practiced in ages, so it can't technically be a setback for him to still not be practicing. ;)

I feel for Ellerbe. Hamstring pulls suck. It's a guessing game about how long to rest it. You think its fine and you're playing at top speed again, then wham! It jumps up and bites you again. It's always in the back of the mind...lurking.
I pulled a hamstring playing tennis a couple years ago. Every time I thought I'd rested it long enough (6 weeks or so) I'd go back out to play and it was back in full force like I'd not rested it at all.

I don't play in the summer because it's too damn hot, so once I sat out 4-5 months and started playing again the following fall...I was fine.

I just want to know how he pulled it while attending his child's birth!

in order to have a <b>setback</b> you have to have ascended to a level you can setback from. Ellerbe hasn't practiced in ages, so it can't technically be a setback for him to still not be practicing. ;)

I assume they mean there have been no setbacks in his rehab. It's not like he isn't exercising the injured muscle to strengthen it at this point in the rehab. He's past the "mandatory rest" portion of rehabbing a muscle.

And I'm sure he's been in the film room with the team and working out everything else in the weight room while doing his rehab on top of everything else.

it's a quad, not a hamstring. that's just picking nits, but it's been 9 weeks since he's played or practiced. it's time to get on the field.

you'd think his wife would be the one who'd be sore for 9 weeks after childbirth.

You've obviously never pulled a quad. I used to run a lot. A very minor pull can nag for several weeks or longer. Something even slightly more significant can nag for months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom