Coach Payton Press Conf Call 9-19-16 (1 Viewer)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton said long third downs hurt the offense, and Carmichael&#39;s play calling is not one of the issues.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/777918047835262976">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton: there&#39;s no sugarcoating loss, but their effort and want-to are there</p>&mdash; John DeShazier(@JohnDeShazier) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnDeShazier/status/777918977225785344">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

in all the hoopla over Anthony only playing 4 snaps yesterday, it seemed as if no one noticed that Mauti only played 6 so it wasn't like they really chose someone over Steph.

We were in 3 safeties & 2 LBs for basically the entire game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton: on blocked FG, too much penetration, leverage in the B gap</p>&mdash; John DeShazier (@JohnDeShazier) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnDeShazier/status/777916362584825857">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looked to me like he punched it low, I want to say I have seen him do that twice now.

Maybe it's just me.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton: from rushing standpoint, don&#39;t like the balance there</p>&mdash; John DeShazier(@JohnDeShazier) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnDeShazier/status/777917971003944960">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

People gripe about the Saints not running the ball, but if you're only averaging 2-3 yards per carry, then what are you supposed to do?

Looked to me like he punched it low, I want to say I have seen him do that twice now.

Maybe it's just me.

No it is not just you. I think SP is trying to cover his *** for making such a spur-of-the-moment, 11th hour major decision to bring in Lutz over Forbath.

imvho - We have been watching and rewatching Lutz's kicks and nearly all have very little elevation, more line drive. A solid kicker would have made all of the kicks except maybe the 61 yarder. Until, and if Lutz learns to get quick elevation, he will not be an NFl caliber kicker. He also has a serious technical flaw. At the last minute he dips his right shoulder and side, like a golfer trying to get height, and not only does he not get height, he hooks his FGs - or at least the majority. Hartley fought this flaw at times. Just see Hopkins form, elevation and ball flight. It's near perfect.

That spur of the moment decision probably cost us 2 wins. Being a head coach is brutal.

That spur of the moment decision probably cost us 2 wins. Being a head coach is brutal.

But it may pay off later in the season or into the future. He's betting on this guy being a decade-long answer and throwing him in the fire is part of it. He hasn't lost the bet yet, but it's a rocky start.

Maybe it's just me.

On the block it looked like the middle of the line just completely collapsed. Defender was a few yards into the backfield and got a hand up. Elevation doesnt matter at that point.

People gripe about the Saints not running the ball, but if you're only averaging 2-3 yards per carry, then what are you supposed to do?

Saints ran the ball 13 times for 3.2 YPC. Giants ran it 32 times for 2 YPC.

It's not about running it well. It's about sending a message.

Peat does not need to be next to the center on field goals, he can't hold his ground at all, cost us the game

watched the field goal 30 times over and over , armstead was there too but Peat gave so much ground he couldn't plug the hole left by peat

Maybe it's just me.

No it is not just you. I think SP is trying to cover his *** for making such a spur-of-the-moment, 11th hour major decision to bring in Lutz over Forbath.

imvho - We have been watching and rewatching Lutz's kicks and nearly all have very little elevation, more line drive. A solid kicker would have made all of the kicks except maybe the 61 yarder. Until, and if Lutz learns to get quick elevation, he will not be an NFl caliber kicker. He also has a serious technical flaw. At the last minute he dips his right shoulder and side, like a golfer trying to get height, and not only does he not get height, he hooks his FGs - or at least the majority. Hartley fought this flaw at times. Just see Hopkins form, elevation and ball flight. It's near perfect.

As soon as it happened Deuce stated on the radio broadcast that the block was due to poor blocking that allowed the DT to get enough penetration to make the block.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom