Coach Payton smashes fire alarm [stadium security harassment also] (1 Viewer)

I'm sure the Bengals will have the most expensive fire alarm in history installed to make CSP pay for it.

On a side note, I concur that they should've been able to stop or silence the alarm within minutes. I sure it's part of the reason CSP wanted to blow them out of the water. I'm just sad we didn't make it an 80 point blowout...

Petty on the Bengals stadium staff if this is how it went down..

Do you have an article you can cite?
I only heard what our coach did on WWL. As far as Payton getting in trouble, is just me speculating. Don't miss understand me, I don't what any trouble for our coach. I just feel the league don't like our team, my personal opinion.

It doesn't take 15 minutes to silence a false alarm. The action was reasonable given the circumstances. I think the Bengals are the ones who should fear an investigation.
Agreed. All of those little red boxes are tied to a big red box. That big red box has a button labeled SILENCE and another labeled RESET. I know because I hit that button with a false alarm that woke almost 200 children at nap time! I would imagine the home team had several people who knew where the big red box was but they didn’t respond appropriately. Could be ineptitude like their team or could have been deliberate. All I know is that I learned how to operate our system in less than 5 minutes.

There are a lot of people trying to blow this way out of proportion.

At worst, it's still a misdemeanor. No sane court system is going to do anything other than tell Payton to pay for the cost of replacement. The harsh penalties are there for more malicious situations than someone trying to stop a "malfunctioning" alarm.

The alarm was clearly going off for an extended period of time and the stadium crew was either unable or unwilling to resolve the issue (it's highly likely it was being used as a harassment tool). No one is going to go to court. No one is going to get charged with anything.

Yea, I meant Gayle, I fixed it. I have a rare auto immune disease similar to ALS and the meds make me a little loopy. I apologize for the horrible burden I caused you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Does it also make you extremely thin skinned and unable to see the humor in your own mistakes?

This is just me but setting these alarms with intent other than an actual fire or fire drill can be dangerous in itself. It causes wide spread confusion for people in the building. People will never know if it is a real fire or not or whether they should evacuate. Most people would just stay still and would wait for any announcement. If there is real danger, it would probably be too late for them.

Very true. Saints have an identity and I like it too. No backing down either.
We like SP when he does this (I have no prob). But MT wears a ski mask and receives some skepticism of his character????? Hmmm

I'm sure the Bengals will have the most expensive fire alarm in history installed to make CSP pay for it.

On a side note, I concur that they should've been able to stop or silence the alarm within minutes. I sure it's part of the reason CSP wanted to blow them out of the water. I'm just sad we didn't make it an 80 point blowout...
Exactly! It could have been silenced in minutes by the building maintenance staff. In a real fire event, the building should have been vacated, and the Fire department would have arrived. Do we know if any of this happened? I work for a school district maintenance department, and see this quite often.

Every other team's forum about this subject:

"Looks like [insert their team's head coach's name] broke the fire alarm at the visitor's stadium"
"Really? That's awesome!"
"I LOVE the fire in this guy."
"He's not backing down to anything. I'm pumped he'll do whatever it takes to win"

"Oh hey guys, my mistake. It wasn't our head coach. It was Sean Payton of the Saints"
"Really? Oh, that's awful!"
" I HATE him. He deserves to have criminal charges pressed"
"Payton is the most classless, arrogant jerk in all of football. I'm ticked he would do that"

TL;DR - A lot of legitimate things could possibly happen beyond the facilities control that affected the ability to stop the false alarms, beyond the Bungles conspiracy.

It honestly depends on how the system is configured, and what is causing the false alarms.

I'm not licensed in Ohio or familiar with any codes/or standards that they may follow beyond the national standards (NFPA 72 primarily), but its very possible they were having false positives or alarms with non-latching equipment, that was programmed to only alarm a small portion of the facility unless there was a confirmed fire. (not uncommon for very high occupancy venues/buildings. it helps to prevent mass panic due to false alarms), Facility staff/security would likely be monitoring for a confirmed fire to trigger site-wide evacuations.

If that were the case, then silencing would provide temporary relief at best, because if the false-reporting device were going in and out of alarm, it would turn the speaker/horn-strobes back on every time the device went off/back on.

<Hotel rooms would be a good example of a similar config. if the smoke detector goes off in your room (for whatever accidental reason, hair dryer motor smokes out etc), in many hotels, the sounder would go off in your room only, and when the smoke clears, the sounder will likely stop (non latching supervisory alarm).

However, if smoke detectors go off in the hallway, one of the manual stations gets pulled, or the sprinkler system gets actuated, then the whole building will go into alarm, fire dept gets dispatched, etc.>

Ultimately, whatever authority Ohio has, (City Fire Official, State Fire Marshal, etc) will have a plan of action worked out with the stadium to keep people safe that is in compliance with their requirements.

I could take a deeper dive into other scenarios that would cause the same headache, but I feel like I'm already borderline writing a book.

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded response, just a little insight to why things may have happened like they did beyond the conspiracy, and why things like silencing the alarm may not have worked.

-NICET certified/LASFM licensed Fire Alarm/Fire Suppression duder.

Disclaimer: do not take the above as gospel, as local jurisdictions and authorities have final say on how things can be configured. There are also multiple system configurations that comply with state requirements beyond the stated above. The way your local hotel operates may be slightly different.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Does it also make you extremely thin skinned and unable to see the humor in your own mistakes?

Nope.

Are you so thin skinned you can't detect sarcasm?

Side Note - what does dtc stand for?

From my neck of the woods DTC stands for Downtown Covington. I run a film festival with the name.

https://filmfreeway.com/DTCFilmFestival

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom