Coach Pete Burrow Thread Deleted and No More Coach Pete on SR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Pete put an end to the thread. He didnt deserved to be sensationalized by Swimmer for clicks. All the histrionics, grandiose claims, overselling and NY Post style bold headlines was begging for attention. Pete trusted him with his educated opinion and he turned it into tabloid news. Hope the poor guy (Pete) doesn't lose friends over this but he trusted the wrong person.

It's not right... it's not right. :cry:

9630d346-5e67-4f87-ac98-1bad3c4c550e_screenshot.jpg

Swimmer, thanks for sharing the info you had been receiving.

In hindsight, using Pete's name was probably a bad idea. Posting the info, but from an anonymous source would have probably been better (for Pete at least), but what's done is done.

In regards to the now deleted thread, I don't care how likely, or unlikely, the chances are of the Saints trading for Burrow. I found the information to be interesting, and I'm sure it was rooted in some form of reality. I'm sure the Saints want Joe, and I'm sure they called the Bengals. How close they came, or will come, to actually having a serious conversation is the unknown part.

Regardless of all of that, I enjoyed the thread, and enjoyed the life it brought to the board, especially during a terribly slow off season (so far). It was 100x better than all previous and future "my mock draft" threads, combined.

It's too bad there isn't a way to continue the discussion, among friendly people, and in a private setting where you and Pete would not have to deal with BS.

Last edited:
Saint Snide:

Attachments

• 9894A587-C04A-4146-9165-F35A104A353A.gif
    9894A587-C04A-4146-9165-F35A104A353A.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
This board has been slanting the way of tigerdroppings for a while now. I still enjoy it at times but mostly game threads. Like someone said above Swimmer you should have used an alias for Coach Pete. There are some real dirtbags out there in the digital world who will damage you when they know they don’t have to face you

That stinks. I enjoyed the updates/rumors also. I’m the one that started the twitter thread bc I thought it was an obvious knockoff and thought it was funny. But then realized pic is really him. And a few tweets were too much. The twitter account should have stated that it was a fake account t for entertainment.

So you are the one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom