Coach Pete: Education on Pro Player Conditioning (1 Viewer)

His comment was aimed at another poster, at least I thought it was. I don't think anyone ever deserves to be called stupid or ignorant and it's surprising to me that you would say anyone deserved to be called stupid and ignorant.

I'm not trying to own anyone.

I have to be real careful with my words. As tight as the rules try to protect and promote respectful communication on SSR, there are naturally loopholes. In response to a post, Reggie09MVP starts another post that is flat out rude, insulting and antagonistic by title, "Coach Pete, How Do You Like Them Apples!"

Not sure what planet everyone comes from, but on my planet, that is flat out insulting, rude and disrespectful. You and a few others jump in, support the thread and then try to point out our behavior in response to the inflammatory post as if we are ones with rude behavior. It's like Coach Pete said, "This is like in the NFL when an O-lineman at the bottom of a pile kicks a defensive player in his personals. When the attacked player gets up and he punches back, and lol, the one who was rudely attacked gets the penalty for responding.

I personally think its way cowardly and disrespectful to start insulting people in a public forum, then act like you are being hurt when the person you insulted 1st then responds. This type behavior is what I consider very cowardly in social media and one of the reasons why Coach Pete rarely does anything on social media.

I don't understand why so many people just take what Coach Pete says as gospel regarding Davenport's work ethic... wasn't it one of his strength coming out of the draft ? Just google "Marcus Davenport work ethic" and you'll see tons of people praising him for it.

Many didn't and I think they are wise to doubt him and for that matter, just about any analyst or former coach. Coach Pete could care less if everyone agrees with him. Pete has been wrong a number of times. Respectful disagreement backed by real info is awesome. That's not the problem here. Respect for posters right to be correct, incorrect or partial is key to SR functioning successfully.

And there is no real disagreement between Coach Pete and Rev Deuce. Rev is astutely pointing out the things Marcus is doing really well this year. Coach Pete likes Rev's articles and insights. Coach Pete's point is that he believes this was as good a Saints team assembled as has ever taken the field with a real chance at the SB (pre Brees injury). Coach Pete is looking at Davenport from a coaches view. To win the championship, the top players have to train and perform at their best. We as fan may "wow" at some of the moves these freak athletes make whereas a coach goes, "That was a great move, but instead of only once a game, I want that player making that move 5 times every game." Teams that have coaches who demand top performance make Championships and SBs. The ones that don't end up like the Dolphins.

I have to be real careful with my words. As tight as the rules try to protect and promote respectful communication on SSR, there are naturally loopholes. In response to a post, Reggie09MVP starts another post that is flat out rude, insulting and antagonistic by title, "Coach Pete, How Do You Like Them Apples!"

Not sure what planet everyone comes from, but on my planet, that is flat out insulting, rude and disrespectful. You and a few others jump in, support the thread and then try to point out our behavior in response to the inflammatory post as if we are ones with rude behavior. It's like Coach Pete said, "This is like in the NFL when an O-lineman at the bottom of a pile kicks a defensive player in his personals. When the attacked player gets up and he punches back, and lol, the one who was rudely attacked gets the penalty for responding.

I personally think its way cowardly and disrespectful to start insulting people in a public forum, then act like you are being hurt when the person you insulted 1st then responds. This type behavior is what I consider very cowardly in social media and one of the reasons why Coach Pete rarely does anything on social media.

Don’t let these guys get to you. Many people are jealous of your and Pete’s success on this forum. There are also people who resent anything that can be interpreted as negative about a Saints player. Then there are also those who joke on you and Pete completely forgetting draft day 2018.

Last edited:
Don’t let these guys get to you. Many people are jealous of your and Pete’s success on this forum. There are also people who resent anything that can be interpreted as negative about a Saints player. Then there are also those who joke on you and Peat completely forgetting draft day 2018.

Jealousy? How about posting accurate info instead of speculation disguised as fact.

Take the drew injury. He starts his post about how Pete doeent want him to post about his referee musings, to then post about his referee musings. Then goes on to say its career ending. All the while in Austin. Yet you railed on Dr Chao for doing the EXACT SAME THING via Twitter. And that was the whole reason for my reply that day. We didnt need another " so ive heard" thread full of SPECULATION regarding his injury. Add to it the whole "cloak and dagger" style in which he presented the thread.

If his feelings were hurt by me saying "stop" then i suggest some thicker skin or simply hold that information close and PM that to those you wish to have it. He doesnt need to share every thought Pete has on the Saints. Pete can join sr.com and do it.

Things can get lost in translation.

Jealousy? How about posting accurate info instead of speculation disguised as fact.

Take the drew injury. He starts his post about how Pete doeent want him to post about his referee musings, to then post about his referee musings. Then goes on to say its career ending. All the while in Austin. Yet you railed on Dr Chao for doing the EXACT SAME THING via Twitter. And that was the whole reason for my reply that day. We didnt need another " so ive heard" thread full of SPECULATION regarding his injury. Add to it the whole "cloak and dagger" style in which he presented the thread.

If his feelings were hurt by me saying "stop" then i suggest some thicker skin or simply hold that information close and PM that to those you wish to have it. He doesnt need to share every thought Pete has on the Saints. Pete can join sr.com and do it.

For you my Who Dat brother, there's a simple feature to block any posters articles. In last year's SSR poll, Coach Pete was the 2nd most popular analyst or whatever we call Coach Pete. For every negative comment on Coach Pete, I get 10 or more positives with a number saying "Don't let a few negative people stop you from posting Coach Pete." I am not!

The reason we did not post Pete's entire article of Brees and Davenport is because we talked about this in advance. When I told Pete that the emotions are running high on SR about Brees and lot of us are concerned and even scared, Coach Pete did not want to post anything that would create more fear and discomfort for us Who Dats right now. He asked if there was another way and I told him about PMs. So for this one, he thought it best that this message keeps contained for those that are really interested. I can only soeak for myself, but that sure sounds like a classy, caring guy

If the shoe fits.

For you my Who Dat brother, there's a simple feature to block any posters articles. In last year's SSR poll, Coach Pete was the 2nd most popular analyst or whatever we call Coach Pete. For every negative comment on Coach Pete, I get 10 or more positives with a number saying "Don't let a few negative people stop you from posting Coach Pete." I am not!

I think this is exactly right. You and Pete have a lot of fans and support on this site. And I'm glad that you have found a trainer, friend, and someone who can give you football insights. That's great.

Having said that, while I'm sure it wasn't fun (for you or Pete) to read the "how do you like them apples?" thread title, I do think you (and Pete, I guess) were pretty rude and condescending in your response(s) and in some of the things you chose to mock about certain posters. It felt (to me) like you gave up any high ground you had, if that makes sense.

I think you overreacted a bit to that title\post (we've all been there). You and Pete have a lot of support on this forum and people who enjoy reading your stuff. Don't sweat a little push back and keep posting the way you normally do (and seem to enjoy). The rude stuff isn't you and Pete's style (even when it is a reaction to someone else).

Hopefully we can all move on and enjoy a win this weekend.

I thought "like them apples" was tongue-in-cheek from the start (and a great reference to Good Will Hunting). Some harmless smack and simply being supportive of Dav. The rest was ordinary internet banter which may have been blown out of proportion judging by this response of yours.

I thought "like them apples" was tongue-in-cheek from the start (and a great reference to Good Will Hunting). Some harmless smack and simply being supportive of Dav. The rest was ordinary internet banter which may have been blown out of proportion judging by this response of yours.

Soggy - Pete got insulted. He does little on the Net and no social media except a Facebook business page. I think I just learned that if you call down a proud Mexican in writing, they have slightly different male values and ways of responding. On the other boards, that's fine. On SSR making direct fun at someone else who in no way offended that person in the title of a post could get out of hand quickly. Not everyone will see the tongue in cheek and will take it at face value.

Soggy - Pete got insulted. He does little on the Net and no social media except a Facebook business page. I think I just learned that if you call down a proud Mexican in writing, they have slightly different male values and ways of responding. On the other boards, that's fine. On SSR making direct fun at someone else who in no way offended that person in the title of a post could get out of hand quickly. Not everyone will see the tongue in cheek and will take it at face value.
Well, all I can say is welcome to the world of the interwebs, Pete. For the most part, it ain't pretty and unlikely to improve. And, TBH, this forum is one of the more respectful ones I've encountered.

It doesn't seem fair for Swimmer to get take so much heat just for passing along another person's information and opinions. I wish Pete would join Saints Report.

Me freakin too!!! Drago - he still uses an old flip phone and texts using the number pad - lol. There are times I just mis-understand what he is saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom