Coach Pete Predictions in the Last Few Weeks and Analysis of Accuracy -The Guys Knows his Stuff! (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
1) Armstead injury, the extent, the chance for full recovery this year. - Unfortunately, he was precisely spot-on about that one. However unpopular with the Board, he calls it like he sees it and not for any personal acclaim of the fanbase
2) Called the Colts and the Eagles as the most dangerous teams in the playoffs. - I've not heard any other analyst or supposed football guru claim that the Eagles and Colts would win their playoff games last week, especially being road team dogs. He said the Saint were the more complete team as long as the O-line does not regress.
3) Broke the News that Wentz was benched so that Foles could lead the team - There is no reason not to believe he wasn't spot-on. If this got out, that would have been a PR disaster and possibly locker room dissentment. Looks like a great "Insider" call
4) Called a Run the Table when we had 5 games left with 3 on the road in a row and 3 games in 12 days.- Well we lost to the Cowgirls by 3. The 2nd Panther game needs to be thrown out. So he effectively predicted 4-0 and the team went 3-1.
5) Called the Dez Bryant as bad move - Wasn't in football condition and would become a locker room cancer. Well unfortunately, he was spot-on and we never got to see Dez play a down
6) Thought Marshall was the player we really needed - Said that Marshall was still a physical beast in game shape and would be the go to player we needed in the red zone. Well, he flamed on Marshall's conditioning and we will never get to the see what would have happened if Marshall stayed healthy = Fail
7) Foles is ideal replacement for Brees - I see nothing to not believe that is not a really accurate assessment. Pete also knows the Saints team chemistry and attitude of the coaches. He says that Foles would fit in perfectly to the existing team character
8) The defense would continue to improve throughout the season - He predicted that after the Cleveland game this year. I know of no one who made and stuck by that prediction after FitzMagic and then the Browns almost shock victory
9) Coaches had developed a limited WR playbook for Taysom Hill - That was correct, but 1) the coaches under estimated how good Kirkwood could be and 2) Did not see how poorly TH judged the ball speed of a pass in flight and could not ideally position himself for catches.
10) Reverse pass from Taysom Hill for long bomb for the playoffs - Even though Pete thought that Coach Sean would try the play against the Cowboys, it's too early to tell if that is a legit call by Pete. Guess will find out in the playoffs.
11) Still thinks the Saints are the most complete team left in the playoffs - but is concerned about the O-line injuries
12) Brees will only play one more year then hang it up. Thinks Bridgewater is good insurance, but doesn't believe Bridgewater is capable of leading an explosive modern offense throughout a season. Doesn't think Taysom Hill will every be an every down NFL caliber starting QB, but has heard that Hill will be a key part of the Saints offense for more years to come

Coach Pete doesn't pick self-evident or easy predictions. Many of these would have to be considered reaches when he 1st stated his positions. No he is not perfect, but those are some pretty ballzy and accurate predictions so far.

Last edited:
1) Armstead injury, the extent, the chance for full recovery this year. - Unfortunately, he was precisely spot-on about that one. However unpopular with the Board, he calls it like he sees it and not for any personal acclaim of the fanbase
2) Called the Colts and the Eagles as the most dangerous teams in the playoffs. - I've not heard any other analyst or supposed football guru claim that the Eagles and Colts would win their playoff games last week, especially being road team dogs. He said the Saint were the more complete team as long as the O-line does not regress.
3) Broke the News that Wentz was benched so that Foles could lead the team - There is no reason not to believe he wasn't spot-on. If this got out, that would have been a PR disaster and possibly locker room dissentment. Looks like a great "Insider" call
4) Called a Run the Table when we had 5 games left with 3 on the road in a row and 3 games in 12 days.- Well we lost to the Cowgirls by 3. The 2nd Panther game needs to be thrown out. So he effectively predicted 4-0 and the team went 3-1.
5) Called the Dez Bryant as bad move - Wasn't in football condition and would become a locker room cancer. Well unfortunately, he was spot-on and we never got to see Dez play a down
6) Thought Marshall was the player we really needed - Said that Marshall was still a physical beast in game shape and would be the go to player we needed in the red zone. Well, he flamed on Marshall's conditioning and we will never get to the see what would have happened if Marshall stayed healthy = Fail
7) Foles is ideal replacement for Brees - I see nothing to not believe that is not a really accurate assessment. Pete also knows the Saints team chemistry and attitude of the coaches. He says that Foles would fit in perfectly to the existing team character
8) The defense would continue to improve throughout the season - He predicted that after the Cleveland game this year. I know of no one who made and stuck by that prediction after FitzMagic and then the Browns almost shock victory
9) Coaches had developed a limited WR playbook for Taysom Hill - That was correct, but 1) the coaches under estimated how good Kirkwood could be and 2) Did not see how poorly TH judged the ball speed of a pass in flight and could not ideally position himself for catches.
10) Reverse pass from Taysom Hill for long bomb for the playoffs - Even though Pete thought that Coach Sean would try the play against the Cowboys, it's too early to tell if that is a legit call by Pete. Guess will find out in the playoffs.
11) Still thinks the Saints are the most complete team left in the playoffs - but is concerned about the O-line injuries
12) Brees will only play one more year then hang it up. Thinks Bridgewater is good insurance, but doesn't believe Bridgewater is capable of leading an explosive modern offense throughout a season. Doesn't think Taysom Hill will every be an every down NFL caliber starting QB, but has heard that Hill will be a key part of the Saints offense for more years to come

Coach Pete doesn't pick self-evident or easy predictions. Many of these would have to be considered reaches when he 1st stated his positions. No he is not perfect, but those are some pretty ballzy and accurate predictions so far.

You can forget line item #7, IF Foles beat the Saints. Eagles will pay him and trade Wentz. A promising young QB that will come cheap to a team for 3 more years under his rookie contract. They cannot Trade Foles, because he becomes a FA. Wentz is more tradeable.

So what does he say now?

Before the Cowboy game, he thought we were the pure class of the NFL, by far the most complete team and by far the most motivated team. He started to get concerned by the O-line injuries. Stills thinks we can win it all and are the favorites, even with a banged up O-line. He said that great offensive teams find ways to win 12-9 games as this Saints team showed. He is not prejudiced about awards but he thinks Brees deserved the MVP award. The fact he engineered the best record in the league against a brutal schedule the banged-up O-line during that brutal stretch run is what he calls the hallmark of SB winners.

When he talks about the Dome advantage, he is not only talking about the fanbase disruption, but he also talks about how the Dome field was built to be a lightning fast track which makes the Saints strengths even greater. He really wishes Armstead could get back to near full strength by season end, but just doesn't see that. And that the Pats and Saints have huge advantage of having some of the GOATS at QB playoff time and SB winning experience. He is pushing this pretty strongly as the playoffs get real.

Direct question to Pete. Saints or Eagles....who ya got?

I'll find out tomorrow. I don't know if he would tell me even if he thought it was the Eagles. Pete is really a caring guy and knows how I bleed black and gold. But I think if he believes Eagles and tries to cover it up around me, I'll start to be able to read that later in the week. If he's pro Saints, I will know that for sure.

I know he wanted us to play the Cowgirls. Thought we win that by 2-3 TDs in the Dome.

You can forget line item #7, IF Foles beat the Saints. Eagles will pay him and trade Wentz. A promising young QB that will come cheap to a team for 3 more years under his rookie contract. They cannot Trade Foles, because he becomes a FA. Wentz is more tradeable.

Hey Super 44 - really good stuff. And the Eagles paid a fortune to move up and grab Wentz. How in the world does a FO spin that story where they paid a small ransom to grab their elite young, tall, strong , fast, supposedly savvy young stud QB to keep a 30-year old journeyman who seems to do one thing, one incredibly valuable thing well, plays well and leads his team to SBs and playoff victories. My guess is the the Eagles team just feels much more confident with Foles than Wentz in the clutch.

Just playing around here, but if we could get Wentz or Foles to replace Brees when he retires, who would you want us to get???

Hey Super 44 - really good stuff. And the Eagles paid a fortune to move up and grab Wentz. How in the world does a FO spin that story where they paid a small ransom to grab their elite young, tall, strong , fast, supposedly savvy young stud QB to keep a 30-year old journeyman who seems to do one thing, one incredibly valuable thing well, plays well and leads his team to SBs and playoff victories. My guess is the the Eagles team just feels much more confident with Foles than Wentz in the clutch.

Just playing around here, but if we could get Wentz or Foles to replace Brees when he retires, who would you want us to get???
I was about to ask, what about Wentz? On a rookie contract? With Sean Payton? Idk all the logistics that some of you all can opine on.

Still scratching my head over his comment about Dez.

Personally, I trust the Saints' locker room evaluation of Dez over anyone on the outside looking in.

A few of Coach Pete's other comments were "meh," but most were pretty good to spot-on.

JMO

:gosaints:

Lol... hold up... I’ll hand it to you, you nailed the Davenport pick but the “Coach Pete” thing has already been discredited several times...

It’s cool, Coach Pete is your thing now but I think it’s a bit much to come in here listing out this stuff like it’s some kind of accomplishment especially when most everything you credit “Coach Pete” with is said by people on this board every day.

Last edited:
Can he tell me when my 401k will rebound?

Yes. He knows people in the SEC and the NYSE that tell him secrets and inside information that would cost them their jobs and all of their future earning potential. Sounds stupid when put in that context, huh?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom