UPDATE SATURDAY: Coach Pete Update on Davenport - It's Serious! (2 Viewers)

I hate to be the one who brings this back up but was he worth 2 1st round picks. You just mentioned that this is tricky injury and it sounds like his feet are somewhat injury prone. I still question whether or not he had the right footwear or taping given the turf toe last year.

I hate to be the one who brings this back up but was he worth 2 1st round picks. You just mentioned that this is tricky injury and it sounds like his feet are somewhat injury prone. I still question whether or not he had the right footwear or taping given the turf toe last year.
Or maybe he developed a compensatory pattern in his foot muscles to compensate for the Injury last season?

I loved how he had been developing this season, and was starting to become a consistent every down force, then this happened. Another detraction to spending Two first rounders on one player.. is that if that player gets injured..well that's it and you better have a good depth strategy. Just have to see how the guys step in for that spot, but hopefully he'll make a full recovery. Thankfully he has a full off-season.

It's funny getting clowned for this post because it was the contradictory answer to the dude who made the claim that Davenport hadn't said anything about his mental health issues. Some people are just too weak to admit they're wrong and still think they're right despite being proven wrong. Kinda speaks to a lot more than a football message board these days.

Good thing a turf toe and Lisfranc aren't related in the least. Yeah, he's had two foot injuries but since they're not the same injury, I don't think we should read anything more into it. And with his potential and they way he'd elevated his game with each passing game this week, I'd say he's worth the picks we used to get him. Especially if he comes back at 100% next year and gets to play a full season injury free. He didn't have an injury history that should have caused us concern in drafting him, so what's happened after drafting him can't be put on those who picked him.

He's obviously got the tools and skills to be an elite pass rusher in this league for many, many years. I just hope they're all with the Saints and he manages to put these injuries behind him next year.

Taysom had a Lisfranc as well:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...l-taysom-hills-long-road-back-lisfranc-injury

Let’s look at the positives people gain from tough situations

It’ll be a good way for our future QB to bond with the future franchise pass rusher.

Davenport will come out mentally stronger ??

Davenport will mature from this process because he has NFL Training Staff Support Year Round!

Let’s all pray for the young man’s recovery and well being.

Taysom had a Lisfranc as well:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...l-taysom-hills-long-road-back-lisfranc-injury

Let’s look at the positives people gain from tough situations

It’ll be a good way for our future QB to bond with the future franchise pass rusher.

Davenport will come out mentally stronger ??

Davenport will mature from this process because he has NFL Training Staff Support Year Round!

Let’s all pray for the young man’s recovery and well being.
I agree with last point, the rest ???? No comment on the qb issue. He was injured last year, so that should have helped some of his athletic growth. If you want to be an elite anything in this world, you better be mentally strong. No team wants to see a young player they made a serious investment in be injured multiple times. I'm not sold on a NFL medical staffs being unbiased. Two players with repeat injuries in the same area of the body, I still think Rankins came back too early. A a lot of elite players get outside opinions and don't rely on the team's staff only.

It's funny getting clowned for this post because it was the contradictory answer to the dude who made the claim that Davenport hadn't said anything about his mental health issues. Some people are just too weak to admit they're wrong and still think they're right despite being proven wrong. Kinda speaks to a lot more than a football message board these days.

Good stuff Inside! I didn't know we could find out on SR how many negative reps a poster gave over a period of time. One of the well-respected posters went back and analyzed one of the posters who rarely says anything and seems really negative towards others. Found out that poster had posted 41 neg reps and 8 positive reps over the last few months. Over 80% of his posts are running down somebody. That's just a seriously unhappy person. Since we can't get rid of them, I think it's best to understand that these people have very low self-esteem and get some sense of being tough by running down others while they are hidden behind avatars on the Internet. I'd rather pray for him and ignore him. He's got problems and can't help himself from spreading suffering all over the place.

Why so many Negative Like Choices vs Positive?

Does anybody think ? it is strange and really not wise to have 3 Potential Positive Like Responses versus ? 6 Negative Responses?

Here is my analysis:( along with a logical easy solution that is proposed at the end)

1 - Saint Emblem ⚜= Positive Saints Related

2 - Heart Smiley ? = Positive (in an awkward way if I do say so with the hearts and all; I usually only send this to my wife on my phone for instance)

3 - Smiley ? LOL - Solid

Now here is where things go downhill imho:

4 - ? MEH - Negative but in a gentle sort of way nonetheless

5 - Facepalm ??‍♂️- Again Negative

6 - Sad Face - Negative emotion even though it is gentle & used for empathy sake towards others

7 - Dead Falcon - Negative

8 - ? - Super Negative implying cursing at someone (i pretty much hate this one because it literally can be that u are cursing at another board member)

9 - Roger Clown - Super Negative - Pretty much makes fun of other Saints fans by paying homage to the single worst officiating error in all of professional sports and the Saints history too.

When you have 6 potential negative reactions and only 3 positive reactions it is so slanted towards negative it is no wonder why this board at times inadvertently nurtures by use of negative emojis board member in-fighting.

Proposed Solution:
7 positive additions to tilt the scales more toward positive board responses.

Simply add MORE POSITIVE Emojis ? Negative.

Here are some widely used ones that we all use on our ? phones daily.
  • ? yes just a simple smile emoji would help spread some love around here
  • ?? I mean this is so obvious to me that I’m sure the “negative reppers” are appalled
  • ?? this would be awesome to use for the folks that are amazing at inside info or compile statistics like IBM Watson lol
  • ?? this should be on here to cheer us all on as this is the single biggest positive physical action that is happening inside the Superdome when the Saints play
  • ?? great to say to someone that submits a solid point of analysis
  • ?? great one to use as an olive branch to smooth over disagreements I mean it’s Spockian and all
  • ✊? great to use as a sign of respect and togetherness
I hope ?? this honest take on things is noticed and changes are implemented to make positive emojis more readily accessible.

Hey in closing, I get alot of sheet(bad emoji juice) because I’m sarcastic, stand up for others, and like to provide off-color comedic responses because I get bored with just reading factual responses.

The Reason I Wrote This:
What I really have is a true disdain for those on this board that are so ARROGANT(please roger clown me so I can easily identify you) that they are deluded to believe they’re opinion/analysis is above the REAL media analysis professionals & THEY TAKE THEMSELVES SO DARN SERIOUSLY. I find myself wondering if they know I’m really just having fun and clowning around with sports talk with other Saints fans. Instead they pick on me & others use grammar, opinions, inside info, threaten IP blocks, or bans etc....Or they just attempt to neg emoji roger clown them to death.

I hope this helps open up some eyes about how emojis can viewed as a personal thing vs just about “the content”. You cannot separate the 2 at the end of the day.

To My Haters:
For all you that don’t like me...well I pray for you and yours. I wish you the best in your real life, & YOU REALLY DON’t KNOW ME so ease up a little. I’m just having fun like most people want to do on this board.

Note:
I wrote this on my iphone while shopping ? with my wife trying to locate a green bike for my 5 year old son Noah. Funny? thing is that Noah 1st asked for a GOLD colored bike ? because he & daddy loves the Saints. Unfortunately we quicgave up hope for a gold bike ??.

Anyways there are more important things than “being right” all the time with football analysis.

Take care everyone & MERRY CHRISTMAS ?? ??

Last edited:
Nope, not even close at this point. It could change but right now it’s definitely a no.

Why so many Negative Like Choices vs Positive?
The Reason I Wrote This:

What I really have is a true disdain for those on this board that are so ARROGANT that they are deluded to believe they’re opinion/analysis is above the REAL media analysis professionals & THEY TAKE THEMSELVES SO DARN SERIOUSLY ?. Instead of just having fun and clowning around with sports talk with other Saints fans. Instead they pick on others grammar, opinions, inside info, threaten IP blocks, or bans etc....Or they just attempt to neg emoji roger clown them to death.
I hope this helps. For all you that don’t like me...well I pray for you and yours, wish you the best in your real life, & YOU REALLY DON’t KNOW ME so ease up a little. I’m just having fun like most people want to do on this board.

I can't speak for others, but not all Likes/Dislikes are aimed "at a PERSON". It can be aimed at just the CONTENT!

And...

Slight Tangent:

FWIW, I really like the "slogan", "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I see that as we all have our own realities formed by a myriad of different aspects.

(A similar slogan is "It's not so much that they see things differently, it's that they see different things!"

This points to how we all have different perspectives on not only what we see, but how we interpret and give meaning to what we see.)

NOTE: This is not aimed at the poster, but just me getting on my soapbox...

I can't speak for others, but not all Likes/Dislikes are aimed "at a PERSON". It can be aimed at just the CONTENT!

And...

Slight Tangent:

FWIW, I really like the "slogan", "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I see that as we all have our own realities formed by a myriad of different aspects.

(A similar slogan is "It's not so much that they see things differently, it's that they see different things!"

This points to how we all have different perspectives on not only what we see, but how we interpret and give meaning to what we see.)

NOTE: This is not aimed at the poster, but just me getting on my soapbox...
i wish i could give this a white pants emoji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom