UPDATE SATURDAY: Coach Pete Update on Davenport - It's Serious! (2 Viewers)

David - He didn't say. It's a text. I am going into the gym tomorrow and will try and find out. But what I know now of Pete, if he's been told not to leak something, he never does. We may have to told that out from another source. But let's wait till tomorrow.

bclemms get some really good insider info. He may have better luck at getting the details. I'll do my best tomorrow
Can’t you just text him back Swimmer? Seeing how it was already reported yesterday that he’s out for the season, I’m curious about how you say he’s doing therapy.

I’m sure we would all love to hear what the actual injury is.

Obviously, something is wrong with him. Swimmer was just passing on info as he always does. First we had to deal with the loss to San Fran and now we have to process potentially losing one of our most dynamic defensive players for the rest of the year. A lot of people are just frustrated with the amount of bad news as it relates to our team.

Because he's telling us what we already knew while pretending to have a scoop?

And for someone with the inside source on everything, including someone’s personal issues, Im certain that Swimmer with shoot a text to ole coach Pete and get us the injury. I’m surprised Swimmer didn’t get this info in the 1st place. Humm, that’s weird but I’m sure it’s easily explained, right Swimmer?

matter of fact, I think this is your opportunity to COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN all of your critics and the way that you get crappy with those who see thru this little thing you do, it would probably be a great chance for you.

I can’t wait. I’m pulling for you buddy!

Last edited:
And for someone with the inside source on everything, including someone’s personal issues, Im certain that Swimmer with shoot a text to ole coach Pete and get us the injury. I’m surprised Swimmer didn’t get this info in the 1st place. Humm, that’s weird but I’m sure it’s easily explained, right Swimmer?

matter of fact, I think this is your opportunity to COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN all of your critics and the way that you get crappy with those who see thru this little thing you do, it would probably be a great chance for you.

I can’t wait. I’m pulling for you buddy! ??

Why are you presuming Pete's contact in the Davenport camp told Pete what the injury was? Now you're asking for Swimmer to ask Pete to go back to that contact and get more details so that he can prove it to the doubters that it's true?

It's like complaining that the free coffee isn't hot enough.

Rapoport says its lisfranc

well when you think about it, and how they termed it "serious/significant" there really are only two devastating foot injuires ( that can derail a career ) - achilles and lisfranc.

And since Underhill specifically replied to Kat that it wasnt an achilles, just had to be the worse of the two. Hopefully he returns to old self, but damn if that injury for a DE isnt likely the worst one to have.

ugh.

Not sure what planet you are on - lol. The breaking info 3 hours ago was nothing but rumors from a week to a year, from cutting his leg off to spraying his toe with ice gel. Nobody knew the real severity and the length of recovery. Pete and bclemms got it at the exact same time. But I forgot that of lot of people now think twitter is real and fact. Twitter is actually the #1 producer of false news on the Internet.
That’s not true, underhill reported it. After that, it may have been a bunch of nonsense but good reports broke around 5pm central...

Why are you presuming Pete's contact in the Davenport camp told Pete what the injury was? Now you're asking for Swimmer to ask Pete to go back to that contact and get more details so that he can prove it to the doubters that it's true?

It's like complaining that the free coffee isn't hot enough.
And trying to disparage and embarrass the person who gave you the free coffee to make yourself feel or appear better than them.

well when you think about it, and how they termed it "serious/significant" there really are only two devastating foot injuires ( that can derail a career ) - achilles and lisfranc.

And since Underhill specifically replied to Kat that it wasnt an achilles, just had to be the worse of the two. Hopefully he returns to old self, but damn if that injury for a DE isnt likely the worst one to have.

ugh.
If it's a lisfranc and not just some kind of sprain, I hope he doesn't pull a Can Newton and try to play through it. Just get the surgery and start the rehab and try to be back at full health as early as possible for 2020. It really is a shame with how strong he'd been coming on as the season progressed.

ugh.

Here is a study that might make you feel a little more positive on Davenport's future:

"Nearly 93 percent of National Football League (NFL) athletes who sustained traumatic injuries to the midfoot returned to competition less than 15 months after injury and with no statistically significant decrease in performance, according to new research from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. The findings, which focus on Lisfranc injuries -- characterized by fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments -- between 2000-2010, were presented today at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual conference in Las Vegas."

And trying to disparage and embarrass the person who gave you the free coffee to make yourself feel or appear better than them.

Oh stop! Swimmer has been on this site for years doing anything he can to get attention. For YEARS, he was the site‘s court jester saying the most ridiculous things possible and would get 50/1 ??.

Then he start following this obscure coach around the gym that nobody has ever heard of and makes claims to know ppl that people on my show knew personally, we texted to confirm they have never heard of any of them. He makes statements and reports that I read from other posters on this board every day.

the bottom line is, if you want to believe all this nonsense, you’re welcome to do it but I reserve the same right to point out how absolutely ridiculous it is.

I’ve been on this board since the internet started along with many of the posters here and I’m AMAZED how these people know his history and just believe this crazy story.

If it is a serious injury, it is a double whammy for someone already apparently dealing with counseling issues. Hope he comes back stronger in both respects. I think he has the right guys on the team to support him.

Here is a study that might make you feel a little more positive on Davenport's future:

"Nearly 93 percent of National Football League (NFL) athletes who sustained traumatic injuries to the midfoot returned to competition less than 15 months after injury and with no statistically significant decrease in performance, according to new research from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. The findings, which focus on Lisfranc injuries -- characterized by fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments -- between 2000-2010, were presented today at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual conference in Las Vegas."

Well that read is fantastic.

It does say 11 month avg heal time...but for a guy like Dav at 23, he has time. Really good info in that study. Much more optimistic now.

Thanks!!!!!!! (all should read this )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom