UPDATE SATURDAY: Coach Pete Update on Davenport - It's Serious! (2 Viewers)

Oh stop! Swimmer has been on this site for years doing anything he can to get attention. For YEARS, he was the site‘s court jester saying the most ridiculous things possible and would get 50/1 ??.

Then he start following this obscure coach around the gym that nobody has ever heard of and makes claims to know ppl that people on my show knew personally, we texted to confirm they have never heard of any of them. He makes statements and reports that I read from other posters on this board every day.

the bottom line is, if you want to believe all this nonsense, you’re welcome to do it but I reserve the same right to point out how absolutely ridiculous it is.

I’ve been on this board since the internet started along with many of the posters here and I’m AMAZED how these people know his history and just believe this crazy story.
Be amazed all you want. Pete is a real person who owns a gym, trains athletes and has connections at UTSA. This has already been verified and confirmed. You want to sheet all over him for relaying information, wonderful. But it's you that looks petty, not him, regardless of anything he's done in the past.

Here is a study that might make you feel a little more positive on Davenport's future:

"Nearly 93 percent of National Football League (NFL) athletes who sustained traumatic injuries to the midfoot returned to competition less than 15 months after injury and with no statistically significant decrease in performance, according to new research from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. The findings, which focus on Lisfranc injuries -- characterized by fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments -- between 2000-2010, were presented today at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual conference in Las Vegas."

I'm trying to get work done while participating on here, so I didn't get a chance to read the article.

Do they happen to mention if there's a mid-foot injury that isn't a Lisfranc? What I mean is, is it possible to just strain the ligaments or bruise the bones and have a recovery in a month with it not being a full on Lisfranc injury. Foot injuries have always confused me. I totally understand torn ligaments and tendons like ACLs, MCLs, achilles, etc., and the different grades of tears, but the foot is trickier since it doesn't have the bending capabilities that knees, ankles, shoulders, and even the achilles have. Yeah, you can arch your foot, so I suppose those would be the tendons and bones involved with a Lisfranc and I guess I kind of just figured out my own answer. I suppose you could just strain them without having an actual Lisfranc injury and Payton would just say he has a foot.

Didn't he have foot issues in the past or was that turf toe?

Those are two pretty personal statements against me. Cold blooded.

I don't think you get it. You are not wanted by 90%-95% of the members of SR. Hate to tell you Bro. But that's the truth. If you want to come on here talking trash when one of our staryoung players who just self admitted to personal emotional problems has a bad to serious injury, you really are not wanted on SR Forum. Go to one of the other SR boards where trash talking is ok. Please get this, you are not liked and you not respected.

Is it the same Pete that said Brees was probably done for the season and maybe his career after researching Brees' thumb injury? Asking for a friend.

This is typical Internet trash. A person predicts extremely unlikely big events one after another over 2.5 years that only Insider, deep insider info could produce, misses on one or two and the insecure Internet nerds come out and scream, SEE HE MISSED THIS ONE AND HE IS WORTHLESS. You poor unfortunates. Make no mistake, you do not get of us, who have been on the board for years and decades, to think you are cool or that you know something or that you are bad. We have seen thousands of you insecure cyber personas come and go. You are not real. And as we have watched in nearly all cases the cyber jerks are almost always insecure, afraid, shy people who try to live out their dreams of being a real person by acting tough when no one can see you face to face. That's really bad acting tough in a Halloween costume over the Internet. We know that with guys this is almost always a sign of something being very small.

We know better. We feel sorry for you. God bless you

Well that read is fantastic.

It does say 11 month avg heal time...but for a guy like Dav at 23, he has time. Really good info in that study. Much more optimistic now.

Thanks!!!!!!! (all should read this )

Here is another quote from the article:

"According to the NFL's Foot and Ankle Committee, the injuries may be a result of shoe companies using lighter weight materials and increasing the flexibility of players' shoes."

I posted my suspicion about this earlier on SR, but this statement adds to my curiosity of whether those "My Cause, My Cleats" shoes everyone was wearing in the NFL this weekend were all the same type of shoe from the same source and of a construction that resulted in higher foot and ankle injuries this past week. To me there seemed to be a rash of foot and ankle injuries this week league-wide.

ETA:. Looking at the video, I'm not certain at all that they actually wore those cleats in the game. If they didn't, then my suspicion is not well founded. I didn't Google search to see if the guys actually wear these in a game. Silly me, I just assumed they did.

Last edited:

"According to the NFL's Foot and Ankle Committee, the injuries may be a result of shoe companies using lighter weight materials and increasing the flexibility of players' shoes."

I posted my suspicion about this earlier on SR, but this statement adds to my curiosity of whether those "My Cause, My Cleats" shoes everyone was wearing in the NFL this weekend were all the same type of shoe from the same source and of a construction that resulted in higher foot and ankle injuries this past week. To me there seemed to be a rash of foot and ankle injuries this week league-wide.
I support the cause but shouldn't someone with foot injuries be wearing special cleats or extra tape for protection?

Hell, two just on the Saints would lead me to believe that those "My Cause, My Cleats" could be part of the problem. I haven't paid close attention to what the injuries were to other teams' players but did certainly notice that there were a lot of serious/season ending injuries this week.

Again thanks for the information Swimmer. I am one to judge for myself and I go by all sources, including yours. Whether they believe you and Coach Pete is on them. I can't judge them either. With information being thrown around like crazy these days, one have to be careful about relaying those information to others. But overall from all reports, including this one, I will say he is done for the year.

Man.....Some of you guys really got Swimmer steaming hot today. Swimmer is usually cool with criticisms from his post but I have never seen Swimmer this hot before. Good for him to sticking up and standing by his stories and information.

I support the cause but shouldn't someone with foot injuries be wearing special cleats or extra tape for protection?
If they didn't already have the injury, why would they be wearing special cleats or extra tape for protection? Armstead was taped up to the point that his ankle looked as big as his thigh.

Man.....Some of you guys really got Swimmer steaming hot today. Swimmer is usually cool with criticisms from his post but I have never seen Swimmer this hot before. Good for him to sticking up and standing my his stories and information.
And if you think that Coach Pete is a fraud and Swimmer is only doing this for attention or whatever, why would you even bother participating in a thread that is labeled "Coach Pete" in the thread title unless it's just to be a jerk?

Hell, two just on the Saints would lead me to believe that those "My Cause, My Cleats" could be part of the problem. I haven't paid close attention to what the injuries were to other teams' players but did certainly notice that there were a lot of serious/season ending injuries this week.

See my edit to my above post - looking at the injury video I'm not sure he was wearing them. I do know that Terf was real strange acting this past game and mad at us for some reason!

There are only two things I know to be true about Pete: (1) he’s real and (2) he has connections at UTSA where Davenport went.

I don’t know about the other stuff. Take it for what it’s worth.

Chuck,

You would use him as an accredited star witness. Here's just a few he nailed often weeks before the national media:

1) The entire trade up to 14 or 15 and grab Davenport
2) Specific plays that SP had cooked up for Hill
3) That Hill was being developed as a receiver with a defined play book
4) That the Eagle Vets went to Peterson (sp) last year and said they would not play full out for Wnetz., They wanted Foles and that the Eagles were likely going to make the move
5) And yes, a number of Davenport issues before anyone else had them

When I go back and remember some of his calls, it's amazing that this guy who runs a little gym in Central TX gets this info. But when you see NFL HOFers come into the gym to take Pete to lunch multiple times a year, its kinda make you wonder, is this Mexican Yoda :)

If they didn't already have the injury, why would they be wearing special cleats or extra tape for protection? Armstead was taped up to the point that his ankle looked as big as his thigh.
Davenport had foot problems lat year, I think a turf toe the caused him to miss some games after he was getting hot.

Davenport had foot problems lat year, I think a turf toe the caused him to miss some games after he was getting hot.

I was wondering this last nite. I can't get into the gym for 90 minutes or so till I finish some work to try and get the full scoop from Coach Pete. And his sources may have told him not to tell details. If that's the case, Pete never betrays his sources.

Yeah, but he's not had any foot/toe injuries this year, so I'd think that taping it up for the sake of taping it up would limit his mobility unnecessarily. If he needed tape or cleats to stabilize something to protect from further injury, I'd be all for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom