Coach Pete with Visual Depiction of Armstead Injury and Why He COuld Come Back at Right Tackle (1 Viewer)

My first assumption would be that Armstead has been healing and if he isn't healthy enough to play LT he shouldn't be back. Having our tackles switch sides will take a lot of time. Not only do they have to learn to reverse their feet and hand work that is engrained in muscle memory, but the guards and backs have to get used to it. I respect Pete's opinion but this one is close to Hill being the answer at WR imo. If he's right I would be very surprised and give Pete a ton of credit.

Hey Stalwart. He was just brainstorming of how he would possibly use Armstead with the injury if he was the coach and felt an injured Armstead was better than our backups. To me. I think Ram and Warford have developed a close chemistry. The two are monsters on the right side of the line. I can't see DA breaking up those 2. Edit: and I think it goes deeper than that. The LBs now know how Ram and Warford play their positions and key off their moves. I just can't see the move this late in the season.

Hey Stalwart. He was just brainstorming of how he would possibly use Armstead with the injury if he was the coach and felt an injured Armstead was better than our backups. To me. I think Ram and Warford have developed a close chemistry. The two are monsters on the right side of the line. I can't see DA breaking up those 2. Edit: and I think it goes deeper than that. The LBs now know how Ram and Warford play their positions and key off their moves. I just can't see the move this late in the season.

I figured he was just spitballing. Never harm in that. Just seemed like a long shot. I think you mixed up your D-line and O-line at the end there XD

Coach Pete was in a fun mood this morning and the gym was basically empty. He had time to show me and others how a pec tear happens and what it means to Offensive tackle. When he had me playing OT and he was the charging DE, he had me make the move that caused Armstead's tear, my shoulder was sore just from mocking it. My pics suck, but I hope I can convey this. Pete said that he had no insider info on this, but from his experience, don't be surprised is they bring Armstead back at Right Tackle and kick Ram over to the LT. Here it goes and jokes are acceptable about my graphics - lol

In the picture below, the LT is trying to stop or slow down the DE from rushing the QB. It does look like a penalty but this is the best example I could find. The LT has his arm extended, circled in red and nearly all the strength of the LT in this move is coming from his Pec area. Pic 2 will show where the tear happens. (NOTE 2: I hosed this and used a RT in the pick below. But you Who Dats are darn smart and can simply reverse the image in your mind, as long as you are not already at the Port O Call - lol)

1544737446039.png

The pic below shows the pec area, and if I understood correctly, this is where the arm connects to the shoulder and side of chest area. The pic above will show the force and leverage applied on this joint by a rushing DE. Now imagine that the connectors from the arm to the shoulder/chest get torn. For full recovery, this takes 9 months to repair and gain required strength. When Armstead comes back, he will likely be playing with some sort of rigged sling. Imagine the pain Armstead would endure when trying to use his right arm to stop a rushing DE while the pec has not healed and is no where near full strength.

This is why Coach Pete thinks they may very well kick Armstead over to RT to finish the season where he can use his other, non injured arm and shoulder. (Note: If Dan in Lafayette still played football, this is what he would look like with long hair - lol)

1544737613625.png

Btw: For those interested, Pete does not have any idea why Marshall was cut. Coach Pete said not to be surprised if they recall him, but he simply does not know. He was little disappointed. He had pretty high hopes for Marshall being a serviceable #2 or #3 WR.

Did yo mama makes those graphics -- after a hospital visit where she was sedated?

(I was going to be more specific, but I didn't want to be disrespectful to your mother...)

:hihi:

Last edited:
Did yo mama makes those graphics -- after a hospital visit where she was sedated?

(I was going to be more specific, but I didn't want to be disrespectful to your mother...)

:hihi:

LMAO! I told all of you in the post, jokes were allowed. I am terrible at pics and vids.

There’s a reason Coach Pete is running a crossift class cuz this move ain’t happening. Armstead is a left tackle and Ram is one of the best RT in football.

Actually, Coach Pete thinks crossfit is dangerous to most but elite athletes. Pete says he makes a lot of money rehabbing normal people who don't have the strength and flexibility for crossfit.

Last edited:
Flipping sides is pretty difficult for a football player. Not something you can do quickly, especially at the end of the season with an injury. Only hope is that he can recover and that the injury isn't as bad as we fear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom