Coach Pete's Insight after Jags (1 Viewer)

3 miles? Who did you kill?

Bobad - Me jogging is a bizarre joke of fate. When I started with Coach Pete, he would not let me jog for 5 months. Not only did I have 2 pretty bad knees with minor meniscus problem on one, but also 3 ruptured discs in back, 2 lower with nasty pinched nerves. After 5 months, he made me jog to the dumpster alongside his building. The 30-yards were brutal and because of the back problems, Pete does not allow me to jog where my heals hit the ground. So he had to build up my calves, quads and thighs to handle this.

He steadily increased the distance. I used to HATE even the thought of jogging - I mean hate, but running to the dumpster was kinda insulting - lol. I begged him to let me jog to Gruene Rd and back, half a mile. Pete is an amazing motivator. Progression from there was slow, often causing injuries that he had to rehab. But over time and with weight loss, I began to do a mile, then miles.

No one will ever mistake me for Usain Bolt - lol. My jogging is simply flat out ugly and slow. But by year-4 he worked me up to mini-triathlons, some that required a 5-mile jog. All of this is 100% from Coach Pete. I take no credit except for my fear of displeasing Pete. Last year, I did an Olympic Tri. Yes I finished dead last in my age group, but I didn't walk throughout the race. This is all Pete; however, the quality of my life is so much better, Coach Pete hooked me on jogging - dirty rat!

If you are driving by and see this middle-aged guy, doing something that remotely resembles real jogging, always running on the balls of my feet, you are free to laugh your arse off. I am not even sure you would call this jogging - lol.

Why isn't Pete bringing his boy up right & spending time with him teaching him about the Saints? Does he want to rob us of a new generation of football experts? He might be robbing that child of his calling in life to be an announcer, trainer, or coach. Maybe worse, he could be robbing the world of a future fair & just referee. It's time for Lawn Guy Dave to pay Pete a visit & coach him up on coaching his son to be a WHODAT for life.
Lol

I begged him to let me jog to Gruene Rd and back, half a mile.

And we now know Coach Pete's gym is only a quarter mile from Gruene Rd. We're getting warmer folks:cool:

Not close, GOT HIM!

Pictures $25 for small, $75 for medium. Swimmer, keep smiling and don't leave mayonnaise on your lip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom