Coach SP on Mike n Mike at 8:00 Eastern (1 Viewer)

yeah, I bet Jim Harbaugh won't let them interview, he just seems like that kind of guy.

Ok about this blocking interviews stuff, can a team legally do that per the CBA?

I know we have to request permission, but one call to RG by Payton and Im sure this will be unclogged.

That is unless Hitler pizzes in our Corn Flakes.

Ok about this blocking interviews stuff, can a team legally do that per the CBA?

I know we have to request permission, but one call to RG by Payton and Im sure this will be unclogged.

the coaches aren't part of the CBA

Blocking an interview for a position coach to a Coordinator job is within the rules. It's a jerk move, but totally legal.

The quote I love from Payton (in summary), "When I get the players back, I'm gonna tell them if I can put this stuff (bountygate) behind us, you all can too. I understand the anger and resentment, but we need to put this in our rear view mirror if we're gonna get better as a team." He also said he saw lots of hings of tape that need to be improved. That gives me hope that some things can be easily fixed.

This was basically the same interview as he has given 2-3 times in the past 2 weeks.

The only new news was that he was waiting to hear if other teams would give permission to interview assistants.

So when do y'all expect to hear an announcement about our new DC? This weekend? Monday?

Sean said in his interview that a decision/announcement would likely come next week.

Of course, knowing how Sean is with the media, that could mean the press room is being set up this morning for an early afternoon presser today.

I don't think Grantham would even bothering doing an interview if it was already assumed that Rob Ryan was going to get the job

I'm of this thinking also. Why would he schedule the interview, allowing the news to go public the night before national signing day if he has no chance. It makes not sense to me.

Even if he is committed to leaving UGA why interview for a filled position when Philly has an open one with your name on it. He was supposed to be Philly's #1 choice.

Something is not adding up unless he is interviewing for a positional job with us???

I see guys ranting about them blocking the coordinators but the only openings are NFC hires. Y would San Fran allow a cordinator to go to a team in tge NFC South tht they may meet in the playoffs multiple times in the next few years.

We will be seing San Fran a lot if our goal is the SB

Same thing with trading players...u try to get thrm as far away as u csn so they dont come back to.bite u in the butt

I see guys ranting about them blocking the coordinators but the only openings are NFC hires. Y would San Fran allow a cordinator to go to a team in tge NFC South tht they may meet in the playoffs multiple times in the next few years.

We will be seing San Fran a lot if our goal is the SB

Same thing with trading players...u try to get thrm as far away as u csn so they dont come back to.bite u in the butt
"Hey Tomsula/Donatell, New Orleans called and asked if you guys could interview for a DC position, but we're not letting you."

How well do you think that conversation would go over?

Everything coming from Sean Payton is constant: the search will be thorough, we are going to look at some assistants and even college coaches.

Obviously it is the assistants of the Superbowl teams the ones they are looking at, and they can't do anything without the team permission.

I am sure they talked to Romeo, but he may not be interested for reasons discussed many times around here.

We have finally a college name, that is interviewing tomorrow, and Ryan on friday.

Payton thinks that it may take within a week to finish the process.

So what to think? Well, hoping they can get the permission they want, and if not it is either Gratham or Ryan.

Seems to me that Ryan is considered as a last option, but I think they have their eyes set elsewhere.

"Hey Tomsula/Donatell, New Orleans called and asked if you guys could interview for a DC position, but we're not letting you."

How well do you think that conversation would go over?

What makes you so sure they want to leave SF? They have only been there a couple of years and they know they have something special brewing. Perhaps they are showing some loyalty to the man who got them to the super bowl.

I agree with Guillermo on this.....nothing is set in stone just yet....Hopefully they will have the services of all the 4 candidates.......the more, the better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom