Coaches On The Hot Seat (2022 Preseason Edition!) (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With the start of training camp and the Hall Of Fame game in a few days comes one of the most reliable storylines to get clicks. Speculating about coaches job status in August!
For me the ones to watch ate
1. Mike McCarthy- every Cowboys coach is on the hot seat if they don’t win a championship and that’s without the Sean Payton angle.
2. Pete Carroll- this may be a sort of parting of the ways, but this team is going downhill fast. My prediction? The Seahawks let him go instead of firing him and he’s able to have that farewell for helping bring the Seahawks to respectability in the last decade.
3. Matt Rhule- if he goes into a third straight 5 win season, he’s gone.
4. Ron Rivera- I don’t think he should be on the hot seat with what’s going on with the franchise off the field. I think it’s a miracle that he got 7 wins with everything going on, but a third straight losing season might get him fired. And I think that might be for the best so he can escape that dumpster fire.
Honorable mention- Arthur Smith- I know it’s only been one season, but if the Falcons are as terrible as I think they’re gonna be, he may be gone after two seasons.

Ron Rivera is maybe more talent dependent than other coaches. He's just a really solid and steady head coach. If you give Ron an elite team. He can easily win 13 games.

Which is why I never understand why he went to Washington. They are never gonna build him a team like that.

"...every Cowboys coach is on the hot seat if they ARENT SEAN PAYTON."

I fixed the first one for you.
Payton goes two seasons without a championship as Cowboys coach, he will most definitely be on the hot seat.

Payton goes two seasons without a championship as Cowboys coach, he will most definitely be on the hot seat.
Two seasons... no chance of that. He would be the highest payed coach in nfl history, they would have given up atleast 2 first round picks, and have a minimum 5 year deal. He could go 0-17 for two years before they even start speculation about moving on.

Three more coaches on a potentially warm seat.

1. Todd Bowles--The expectations in Tampa are in my view unreasonably high. Unless there is a real collapse, I do not expect Tampa to discharge after one year a minority coach, but again the expectations are extremely high, and I think Tampa may be the most overrated team entering the 2022 season.

2. Brandon Staley--Once more, the expectations in Los Angeles for the Chargers are high, but here reasonably so given the talent on the team. However, the Chargers play in easily the toughest division in the NFL and compete for fan support in the toughest NFL market in the country given the Rams' success 2021 Super Bowl win and likely 2022 success. If the Chargers do not make the playoffs, I have to think Staley is gone.

3. Mike McDaniel--Another first-year coach in a competitive division. If Miami does badly--7-10 or worst--I have to wonder whether ownership will conclude that McDaniel is in over his head and will make a change.

PS If Pete leaves Seattle, the move will be consensual, with Pete concluding the Seahawks are a few seasons and he does not want to go through a total rebuild.

Last edited:
Three more coaches on a potentially warm seat.

1. Todd Bowles--The expectations in Tampa are in my view unreasonably high. Unless there is a real collapse, I do not expect Tampa to discharge after one year a minority coach, but again the expectations are extremely high, and I think Tampa may be the most overrated team entering the 2022 season.

2. Brandon Staley--Once more, the expectations in Los Angeles for the Chargers are high, but here reasonably so given the talent on the team. However, the Chargers play in easily the toughest division in the NFL and compete for fan support in the toughest NFL market in the country given the Rams' success 2021 Super Bowl win and likely 2022 success. If the Chargers do not make the playoffs, I have to think Staley is gone.

3. Mike McDaniel--Another first-year coach in a competitive division. If Miami does badly--7-10 or worst--I have to wonder whether ownership will conclude that McDaniel is in over his head and will make a change.

PS If Pete leaves Seattle, the move will be consensual, with Pete concluding the Seahawks are a few seasons and he does not want to go through a total rebuild.
I think Bowles won’t be in danger until the Bucs are in post Brady mode. When they return to the 4th spot in the NFCS, then he’ll be in trouble.

Two seasons... no chance of that. He would be the highest payed coach in nfl history, they would have given up atleast 2 first round picks, and have a minimum 5 year deal. He could go 0-17 for two years before they even start speculation about moving on.
Two seasons he’ll be on the hot seat, but he won’t be gone until after 4 seasons without a championship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom