Coaches on the Hot Seat (2 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
4 weeks in (going on week 5) seats are starting to warm up around the league, but not just in stadiums. I am thinking of a few coaches on hot seats right now, and it is a pretty sizable list. What coaches do you have on the hot seat?

Here is my list
Sitting in a boiling kettle:

Colts-Pagano-his coaching is horrible, and the magic seems gone.

Chargers-Mccoy-4 games. The Chargers have entered the last 10 min of the game with leads, and lost them all.

Lions-Caldwell-I was never sold on him before. He is like Norv Turner.

Getting warm:

Cards-Arians- He still has time, but this season has been a major disappointment. It's like the year Hasslett was supposed to coach the Saints to the Super Bowl (2002) and they just watched the season go down the crapper.

Niners-Kelly-Just go back to CFB, your drunk with power. Maybe USC will have you.

Titans-Mularkey-How does this guy have a job? He better hope that the light comes on for his young guys or he will be following Wisenhunt.

Saints- Payton- Because why not? Prior to this week he had the entire Who Dat Nation second guessing him.

Any day now:

Jags-Bradley- Schefter said that had they lost in London Bradley would have had to find his own way home.

Browns-Jackson-Guy was set up to fail, but he isn't making things better.

Phins-Gase-He will make a great qb coach for someone next year.

4 weeks in (going on week 5) seats are starting to warm up around the league, but not just in stadiums. I am thinking of a few coaches on hot seats right now, and it is a pretty sizable list. What coaches do you have on the hot seat?

Here is my list
Sitting in a boiling kettle:

Colts-Pagano-his coaching is horrible, and the magic seems gone.

Chargers-Mccoy-4 games. The Chargers have entered the last 10 min of the game with leads, and lost them all.

Lions-Caldwell-I was never sold on him before. He is like Norv Turner.

Getting warm:

Cards-Arians- He still has time, but this season has been a major disappointment. It's like the year Hasslett was supposed to coach the Saints to the Super Bowl (2002) and they just watched the season go down the crapper.

Niners-Kelly-Just go back to CFB, your drunk with power. Maybe USC will have you.

Titans-Mularkey-How does this guy have a job? He better hope that the light comes on for his young guys or he will be following Wisenhunt.

Any day now:

Jags-Bradley- Schefter said that had they lost in London Bradley would have had to find his own way home.

Browns-Jackson-Guy was set up to fail, but he isn't making things better.

Phins-Gase-He will make a great qb coach for someone next year.

Literally 0 chance Arians gets fired, I believe

colts just gave a huge extension to Pagano so most likely their GM will take the fall.

Mccoy and caldwell are likely gone

Kelly, Arians, and Mularkey aren't going anywhere

Bradley will be gone if they don't make the playoffs. Gase might be gone. Jackson unlikely.

I would add Andy Reid and Rex Ryan to this list.

colts just gave a huge extension to Pagano so most likely their GM will take the fall.

Not only did they give him an extension, but everyone was fully expecting him to be fired when the deal was announced. Also, let's not forget who is running that organization...

We gave Sean an extension and prior to this past win people were saying it was time to move on from him.

What I am saying is, if fans here think that time has run out on a Super Bowl winning coach who just signed an extension, how much weight does an extension given to a non Super Bowl winning coach carry?

Kelly has the 49ers playing above their heads I think. He doesn't have a QB worth anything right now and has a severe lack of talent at the skill positions on both sides.

Hue Jackson still has the honeymoon and the lost fumble his player was holding up to give him at least this season nd next. The Browns claim that they are ending the 3 year carousel.

Jackson is rebuilding, I doubt his chair is even warm.

Payton could go 2-14 this year and have 0% chance of being fired. If they struggle in 2017 then that's a realistic possibility.

Payton isn't leaving until Brees goes. Arians isn't leaving the Cardinals. He's the first stable coach in thier history. By that, I mean he can last seven seasons or more. They haven't had that and they've been in existence since 1898!
Pagano is gone after the season. McCoy can be gone any day now.
In Chip Kelly's case, I think he's waiting for USC to open up.

We'll see if Caldwell is really gone because Martha Ford said she loves him. If he's not, it means Bob Quinn really is just a puppet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom