Coaches on the Hot Seat (1 Viewer)

I don't think first year coaches, Hue Jackson and CHip Kelly are on the hot seat yet. I agree with most of your list. However, I'd add Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis, Jeff Fisher and John Fox.

Arians and Mike McCarthey aren't on the hot seat. They won playoff games last season.

Additionally, extensions don't mean anything. If Payton is fired another team would pick him up and pay his salary.

I don't think first year coaches, Hue Jackson and CHip Kelly are on the hot seat yet. I agree with most of your list. However, I'd add Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis, Jeff Fisher and John Fox.

Arians and Mike McCarthey aren't on the hot seat. They won playoff games last season.

Additionally, extensions don't mean anything. If Payton is fired another team would pick him up and pay his salary.

Agreed.

I think Fisher will feel the seat warm if his 3-1 start devolves to his usual 7-9 output. Especially if the Cardinals right the ship and they fall back to 3rd or 4th in the division.

Marvin Lewis is a great coach and has really brought the Bengals from laughing-stock to solid team -- however, he needs a playoff win BAD!!! Especially after the meltdown from last season.

I think Ryan will be fine, if they can legitimately push for a post season spot -- but he's been "officially" on the hot seat since day one of this season.

John Fox...I'm just not sure. He's a great coach, but if you look at the Bears they are just so hard to get a read on. They are 1-3. If they fall to 1-5 ot 1-6, he might get the boot mid-season.

Agreed Arians and McCarthy are secure. I can't see a scenario where they aren't.

Hue Jackson -- he's a good guy and his players love him, but the Browns just seems to be caught in a perpetual state of bad. I think of how much it stinks to have rooted for the Saints for the past two seasons and realize that the Browns have been bad for most of the last 17 seasons.

That's 1967-86 Saints territory. Ugh....

I think the unrest in Cleveland will eventually push Jackson out. He might be what they need but it's hard to wait for results in a instant gratification world.

Jackson will be fired and Nick Saban will be lured away from Bama to be their coach.
Ok, that speculation is purely driven by my personal desire to have Saban out of the SEC and based on 0% fact or rumor. ;)

colts just gave a huge extension to Pagano so most likely their GM will take the fall.

I agree, GM Ryan Grigson is the problem. He has had a few years to get Luck the offensive line he needs. Luck was either hit or sacked 16 times last week.

until this org moves away from the loomis/payton/brees era they will never be able to rebuild. its a crapfest and it's only getting worse.

I think Fisher will feel the seat warm if his 3-1 start devolves to his usual 7-9 output. Especially if the Cardinals right the ship and they fall back to 3rd or 4th in the division.

Marvin Lewis is a great coach and has really brought the Bengals from laughing-stock to solid team -- however, he needs a playoff win BAD!!! Especially after the meltdown from last season.

(Marvin isn't going anywhere, to respected and though he hasn't won a playoff game he's kept them in the hunt year in and out. Don't see a Broncos/Fox scenario. They'll likely keep him till the team doesn't play for him anymore or he retires)

I think Ryan will be fine, if they can legitimately push for a post season spot -- but he's been "officially" on the hot seat since day one of this season.

(It's Playoffs or bust, Ralph has said as much)

John Fox...I'm just not sure. He's a great coach, but if you look at the Bears they are just so hard to get a read on. They are 1-3. If they fall to 1-5 ot 1-6, he might get the boot mid-season.

( I think Fox/Pace are tied to each other)

Agreed Arians and McCarthy are secure. I can't see a scenario where they aren't.

Hue Jackson -- he's a good guy and his players love him, but the Browns just seems to be caught in a perpetual state of bad. I think of how much it stinks to have rooted for the Saints for the past two seasons and realize that the Browns have been bad for most of the last 17 seasons.

I think the Browns got them a good Coach in Hue but he needs to get on the same page with those Analytics guys

That's 1967-86 Saints territory. Ugh....

I think the unrest in Cleveland will eventually push Jackson out. He might be what they need but it's hard to wait for results in a instant gratification world.

Jackson will be fired and Nick Saban will be lured away from Bama to be their coach.
Ok, that speculation is purely driven by my personal desire to have Saban out of the SEC and based on 0% fact or rumor. ;)

My little dabble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom