Coaching chess match between Payton, Ryan takes center stage (1 Viewer)

Streif is matched up with Gholston. I think Streif will do fine.

To me, the real question is not how Strief will handle Gholston or Douglas. In either case I think he'll do fine. The more pressing question is how will Strief (and the rest of the O-line) do in recognizing and processing the multiple blitzing schemes and being on the same page with one another.

So it's to be a chess match eh? I figured with Rex Ryan involved, they would play a different game...

hungry-hungry-hippos-small.jpg

What people are forgetting is GW has a pretty big ego. I mean when we picked him up I remember them showing him on the sidelines with this great competitive spirit. Do you honestly think he is going to let Rex come in here and get all the attention? IMHO, I think he goes after the Jets offense like there's ne tomorrow. And as for their defense, I believe thier good but what the media doesn't realize is how good ours is. GW is no fool, he has used just enough D to win games. Detroit- base D almost whole game. Philly- Not much more than that. Buffalo- 11 - 3 and outs. Come on, we have the most underrated D in the league, and I think Rex and the Jets are in for a surprise come Sunday. So I’m gonna put it out there right now and predict the Saints D Shuts out the Jets. Unless we get such a big lead that GW pulls back on the reigns, to not show more than he has to.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I've been saying this very same thing in different words myself....heck, first I predicted a 38-17 Saints win....but I had to revise my prediction....I just don't think a rookie QB, with a meager 3 games under his belt, can come into the Thunder Dome and stay toe to toe with a GW lead defense. hence my new prediction.....Saints 38...Jets 6

Unless something horrible happens Brees and Sanchez won't be on the field at the same time except maybe for the coin toss and postgame handshakes. So that's not really a matchup

Well I mean directly Brees, and Sanchez aren't going to be matched up... but if you think about it indirectly. It will come down to how these 2 QBs can lead their teams when there's chips are on the table.

If the Jets go down a score or 2 early... Sanchez might be in an uncomfortable situation having to make downfield plays to get his team back in the game. Where as say if the Jets take a lead through out the game.. and we're not turning the ball over I have every belief that Brees can keep his cool and lead his team back to the forefront.

So I think you can match up both QBs demeanor, and leadership tomorrow on the field and call that a match up. I just want to see how Sanchez feels, and reacts to the enviroment tomorrow will he be phased at all by the crowd noise?

I had a dream last night that we won 34-13. That's my premonition, and I'm sticking with it.

Granted, I had a dream we beat the Bills 51-19, but the point is, we won!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom