Coach's Redzone Playcalls in 4th? (1 Viewer)

tak

Patience pays..SB champs!
Reaction score
Am I the only one baffled by the three consecutive run plays in a first and goal with the game on the line situation? Sometimes I think coach out thinks himself. I'm glad we got in for the win but he's messing with my blood pressure here lol.

Speculation that we might have run it all those times b/c Brees could have been injured. He definitely didn't look like himself in the 4th quarter.

Am I the only one baffled by the three consecutive run plays in a first and goal with the game on the line situation? Sometimes I think coach out thinks himself. I'm glad we got in for the win but he's messing with my blood pressure here lol.

Good lord! You guys complain when we don't run enough. Then, when we do run...in the 4th qtr...and win...you still complain. JUST ENJOY THE WIN!

5 trips to the RZ,5 TD I question but NO ONE can argue the production

Good lord! You guys complain when we don't run enough. Then, when we do run...in the 4th qtr...and win...you still complain. JUST ENJOY THE WIN!

I think this board was made for having discussions

Not just a cumbaya fest

Brees seemed hurt. Throwing some passes in the dirt and a definite shift in play calling late.

Or you could look at it like Drew was struggling in the 4th so Payton wasn't just going to stubbornly let him keep throwing the ball. He ran the ball and kept the clock running and it worked.
But I guess it's just how you want to see it.

Yes the Lord is good. But you're missing point. Wasn't complaining just saying that I was frustrated by it at the time. You run it two times and get stopped. Then do it a third time, I think it's only reasonable to question.

Personally I noticed that this offense loves to go through many third downs esp in the redzone. It's also way too risky to always have to convert. Would like to see more strikes on second down instead of taking the chance on third downs in the redzone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom