Coffee and Tweens (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, i have this bad arse coffee maker that my wife got me for Christmas. Makes really good espresso and occasionally i will fix some for the kids. Usually when i make the kids a coffee I make it with Oat or Almond milk and 2 squirts of mocha syrup.

Now, my 7th grader would drink it every morning if I let her..but i dont. She begs me. But i say no. Reality is though....i really have no idea if it is a bad thing for her to have coffee in the mornings? On one hand, i am thinking caffeine is good for the metabolism and focus. On the other hand, she is still only 12 going on 13 and my natural instinct is to say, "no way jose!"

But again, i know nothing. I know i can go to google with this, but would rather get some live opinions on someone who knows more than me....

We don't allow coffee for the 14 year old and caffeinated beverages are rare. She had coke when we went to the World of Coke here in Atlanta but we usually don't have it in the house. We do have other types of carbonated drinks sometimes.

I dont really let me kids drink soda either. In fact, hardly at all.

Here are the nutritional facts of the mocha. I actually have no beef with eliminating this from it and telling her she can only use natural sugar.

1643735047904.png

With the handle of CajunSaint, they have to be able to carry on the Cajun coffee drinking way, just joking, but my cajun kids now 34 and 25 have been drinking coffee since elementary school. Of course, in their early years, it was about half coffee and half milk with a little sugar that got them out of bed and moving in the morning. We did not limit their soda intake, but also did not have sodas stocked and chilled for easy consumption. The early age coffee did not seem to have any effect on their day, as drinking a high fructose soda did.

Just add the "special" Godiva to the coffee, if you thought they like it now, just wait.

Untitled-2copy_b8d13611-3d2e-4c0a-8f98-a790464aff4b_600x.jpg

I started drinking black coffee when I was 9yo. I haven't murdered anyone yet, so I'd say it's OK.

I didn't drink coffee until I was in the Navy. And let me tell you how popular I was when mom would send a care package with Community in it! Floating around the Persian Gulf/Red Sea/Indian Ocean for my first two years working port/stbd watches for days on end, it helped. My youngest kids are in college and have never had a swallow of coffee in their lives and I don't think they miss it at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom