Coffee tips (1 Viewer)

We had a Mr. Coffee, one of their higher end makers with a thermal pot and it was nice for a while. But it didn't last long. Maybe a little over a year before I had to buy another maker. I liked the pot, but the quality of the maker itself was cheap.
Here’s what I’m hearing
You don’t need great coffee just good, so:
12 cup programmable
Very good dbl insulated thermos (‘for later’ coffe goes in there after 1st cup)
4 cup easy peasy machine that you prep when you drank the last of the thermos coffee

I dunno why coffee is so complex but it is. Thank heaven I never got a Keurig. Mostly I just get cold brew (not iced down coffee from Starsux) at PJ's. Much less bitter than hot brewed and I rarely want hot coffee anyway.
I have Community here and we just never brew it.

But if I wanted hot and keep it hot and not waste any by letting it get burnt, gotta be a thermal pot.

6b396afa13edbf6b70e159645be8d7e6.jpg

I've got one like this. An old Chilton drip-o-lator coffee pot. It belonged to my grandma and grandpa and my mom gave it to me a couple months ago, so it's special to me. It works wonderfully for me. Easily makes a 12 oz coffee each morning. Heat the water on the stove, pour in the top section, it drips down through the grounds that are in a paper filter in the middle section, and ready to pour from the bottom section in just a few minutes. Clean up is as easy as rinsing out since it's all aluminum.

vtg-cup-aluminum-drip-coffee-pot_1_8097c3035f446fa49f0fcc6552d59d94.jpg

Can you post a different pic? This one didn’t go through
I've got one like this. An old Chilton drip-o-lator coffee pot. It belonged to my grandma and grandpa and my mom gave it to me a couple months ago, so it's special to me. It works wonderfully for me. Easily makes a 12 oz coffee each morning. Heat the water on the stove, pour in the top section, it drips down through the grounds that are in a paper filter in the middle section, and ready to pour from the bottom section in just a few minutes. Clean up is as easy as rinsing out since it's all aluminum.

. Also get an electric cup warmer pad.

i worked with a woman who had one of those on her desk but fell to not really using. So she forgot about it and it slipped off the back of her desk and against the wall. Some months later we smelled something burning. We finally pulled the desk out and we found it had burned a hole in the wall. I have no idea why we didn’t smell it for months or how it didn’t burn the whole place down.

Yep, I fixed it after realizing the original didn't work.

If assumed that’s what it was
I haven’t had coffee from one of those anytime recently
Would be interested in sampling
I don't know if they even make such things anymore. I know they're available on places like eBay, though. Amazingly simple and effective and well worth it if you don't want a lot of wasted coffee.

If assumed that’s what it was
I haven’t had coffee from one of those anytime recently
Would be interested in sampling

Same here. I did use a percolator for a couple of years. Made a pretty decent cup of coffee. A little extra cleanup, but was worth it.

I couldn't clean my Keurig like I wanted so I donated it to work where they trashed it by leaving it on 24/7. It overheated and the water tasted like plastic no matter how much you cycled through it.

I have a french press and a pour over. The pour over makes the best coffee.

I couldn't clean my Keurig like I wanted so I donated it to work where they trashed it by leaving it on 24/7. It overheated and the water tasted like plastic no matter how much you cycled through it.

I have a french press and a pour over. The pour over makes the best coffee.

Another vote for French press. Poor over also makes one of best cup.

Watch your levels. Drinking too much on a regular basis will mess you up.

I drank so much it was literally an addiction, that if I did not have it I would get a headache.

I now limit myself to no more than two cups per day, but mostly only on weekdays. I suffer no ill effects if I don't have it.

Yeah, I almost never exceed 2 cups a day. But most days, 1 cup is enough for me. I do drink from a 16 ounce cup, so it's not exactly a small cup.

Improbably in the range of 6-8 cups a day if it’s actual cups of coffee

It’s funny that ‘pour over’ is now the thing, when I was touring Europe I had a little set up I brought with me
Coffee, a cup, a ‘sit on top of cup’ carafe, and paper filters
I would tear off a strip from the top of the filter and roll it in a little tube and plug the drain so the coffee steeped a bit longer

That and peanut butter are what I made sure I had every tour

Improbably in the range of 6-8 cups a day if it’s actual cups of coffee

It’s funny that ‘pour over’ is now the thing, when I was touring Europe I had a little set up I brought with me
Coffee, a cup, a ‘sit on top of cup’ carafe, and paper filters
I would tear off a strip from the top of the filter and roll it in a little tube and plug the drain so the coffee steeped a bit longer

That and peanut butter are what I made sure I had every tour
I'd have a percolator but I don't drink that much. That's great coffee.

My first wife's parents used a percolator and drank coffee 16 hours per day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom