Coffee tips (1 Viewer)

So, I know a bunch of you are experienced coffee drinkers. Thinking about whether to keep coffee pot warmer on all day, or should warmer be turned off and reheat in the microwave?

When keeping warm for several hours, the coffee becomes more bitter, to the point it tastes burnt. Turning heat off and microwaving seems ok. Not as bad as the warmer after several hours.

Just thinking whether it's better to brew a large pot and have some ready for later in the day, or take the extra time, make a smaller pot, then make another small pot when needed.

And yeah, I know, I can always get a Keurig and skip that problem. Heh.

Any other tips from our resident coffee gurus?
I get up extremely early every day. So I take left over from the previous day and heat it in pan while walking the dogs. Then I don't have remake coffee for Cathy who wakes up later. Always good to have coffee ready at arms length. And yes I turn off the burner on my days off as soon as coffee is finished.

This thread just encouraged me to buy that electric hot water kettle I have been considering. The perfect solution search continues! Thanks Dave - and Amazon Prime!

I have this loaded in my cart right now.

Amazon product ASIN B07TZ5YHJN
I am just torn between finding a good french press or this

Amazon product ASIN B01JLY1HSE
seems like with all those parts the french press is a pain to keep clean. But this thing is a space hog (as is the kettle) especially since I still play on having the coffee maker for morning use.

I have this loaded in my cart right now.

Amazon product ASIN B07TZ5YHJN
I am just torn between finding a good french press or this

Amazon product ASIN B01JLY1HSE
seems like with all those parts the french press is a pain to keep clean. But this thing is a space hog (as is the kettle) especially since I still play on having the coffee maker for morning use.
I've been wanting the electric kettle at Costco but I don't want to wait the 2 hours that it takes to get in.

I have a french press and a cheap, plastic, pour over. I prefer the coffee from the pour over but taste is subjective.

I've been wanting the electric kettle at Costco but I don't want to wait the 2 hours that it takes to get in.

I have a french press and a cheap, plastic, pour over. I prefer the coffee from the pour over but taste is subjective.

im leaning toward that as well. Delivery is a week later though.

and the thought of our resident Covid guy waiting at Costco for a kettle makes me think of going to get my nails done for some odd reason lol

im leaning toward that as well. Delivery is a week later though.

and the thought of our resident Covid guy waiting at Costco for a kettle makes me think of going to get my nails done for some odd reason lol
I have about $500 in rewards money from the card. I have to go there to collect. 😱

If I have to go I'm going to waste it all on meat, replacement toothbrush tips, and that kettle. Will they let me buy $400 of ground beef?Screenshot_20200501-213553_Reddit.jpg

If I have to go I'm going to waste it all on meat, replacement toothbrush tips, and that kettle. Will they let me buy $400 of ground beef?

Depending on where you are (and I know where you are) meat can be erratically available and scarce. Good luck finding $400 worth of ground beef.

Enjoying a very nice French Press Brew of a Trader Joes Medium Roast Columbian. It was just as good as a quick pour over using preheated Keruig as hot water source. One thing that should be obvious and that I have missed more times than I care to admit - it is all in the beans. Good beans seem good regardless of brew method. Crappy beans can't be made to be good - no matter how I try it. I don't purposely choose crappy beans - just seems I have bad luck in finding consistent coffee. My favorite is the Paul Newmans but it is hard to find. I finally set it up as an Amazon pantry / auto ship item.

well the pour over and the kettle are on the way. I already have a grinder so I should have some really good coffee experiences coming soon.

I generally drink coffee black. But I have been mixing some mocha flavor in my regular coffee for the last 2 or 3 years and oddly I have not been able to find it since the start of covid. That got me started on my search for good coffee again because I kind of lost my taste for my coffee in the morning. What good is living if you aren't enjoying your coffee.

I tend to prefer having an Americano (watered down espresso) instead of regular coffee. I keep it down to a single espresso shot and drink it black. It still comes out pretty strong and it lets me drink several cups of joe without getting wired up.

I’m using a Breville Double Boiler machine and a Sette 30 grinder. Breville makes a pretty decent espresso machine but its their customer service that is outstanding. I’m not nearly as impressed with their grinders. Unlike Sette, they aren’t easily repairable.

I also make mochas and lattes for my wife. She likes to mix in a little cayenne pepper into her mochas. I admit, it’s quite delicious.

Depending on where you are (and I know where you are) meat can be erratically available and scarce. Good luck finding $400 worth of ground beef.

Based on the prices saw at the market this morning, $400 worth of decent ground beef (particular ground chuck) would only amount to about 6 lbs of product. They had it, but I'm guessing people just didn't want to spend that kind of cash.
Chicken inventory had recovered recently but was very low again today, as was pork supply. Granted it is Saturday and people who cannot work during the week seem to hit the markets on Thursdays and Fridays, so I guess I need to adjust my schedule accordingly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom