Cold Pizza on Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
Don't remember who said it but was stated that the Tampa defense watched film of Reggie and thought he was avioding contact. Tampa said Reggie would fake inside and then try to beat the defenders to the outside. Tampa defenders kept reggie on thier inside shoulder.

If Reggie figures this out there might be a huge game in store. If defenders are looking for Reggie to try to take the edge, then the cutback is going to be there often.

What bothers me is opposing defenses saying Reggie is trying to shy away from contact.

Well i dont think anyone thought he was a powerback.Maybee he belives if you avoid contact you cant be tackled.In his defense he not running out of bounds so he is still taking contact.If he was always running out of bounds i would be worried

They say this same stuff about reggie everyday on that dumb show. I'm getting tired of everyone analyzing the guy and bashing him.

They aren't bashing him. If he is trying to avoid contact that is a legit problem for an NFL running back and maybe that's why he is hesitant to take cuts up the middle. I noticed in games he seems hesitant at times and wants to avoid it.

He is, but not because he is scared of contact...it's because he is still looking for the big play each time he touches the ball.

I guess bush should stop right before he goes out of bounds and let the defender tee off on him right?

If the sideline is there you take it. If he was diving before contact while running inside or off tackle then yeah you'd have a point. But if he runs outa bounds before taking the hit, thats normal.

Reggie Bush = 203 lbs
The average DL = 300 + lbs

Do the maf. It'll only take one good whack to sideline him for the season. Then, they'll turn around and bash him saying that he can't take a hit or he is injury prone (even though he really isn't that injury prone). I'll take a virtually healthy Bush running out of bounds in a Saints uni over seeing Bush always out of bounds in a fat Armani suit.

He seems to run out of Bounds as much as Ricky Williams when we first got him.

Reggie will be fine, don't worry.

Reggie Bush = 203 lbs
The average DL = 300 + lbs

Do the maf. It'll only take one good whack to sideline him for the season. Then, they'll turn around and bash him saying that he can't take a hit or he is injury prone (even though he really isn't that injury prone). I'll take a virtually healthy Bush running out of bounds in a Saints uni over seeing Bush always out of bounds in a fat Armani suit.

It'll only take one good whack by most of those guys to put out most any RB in the league... most RBs go between 200-230, and thus at the top end of that they still give up 25 pounds to the heaviest linebackers, 35 to the slimmest defensive ends, and over 50 to small defensive tackles.

Yet ANOTHER bad Reggie Bush EXCUSE.

It'll only take one good whack by most of those guys to put out most any RB in the league... most RBs go between 200-230, and thus at the top end of that they still give up 25 pounds to the heaviest linebackers, 35 to the slimmest defensive ends, and over 50 to small defensive tackles.

Yet ANOTHER bad Reggie Bush EXCUSE.

God its every one of your posts...

Ok, do you want us to cut Reggie? Is that what you think we should do? Trade him? What is your Reggie Bush insight since all you do is try and convince everyone that he is not good.

Reggie is young and will get better... what is the point to every one of your hundred posts trying to convince everyone that Reggie is a bad running back.

Are you a Texans fan?

haha, I figured this would happen eventually. I'll get to working on an award for you, shrike.

I don't think the Saints should cut, trade, bench, or decommit to Bush. Let's put that thought process to bed right now.

One of my first posts talked about how I figured back in November that he didn't have the ideal skillset to succeed as an NFL rusher. One of my more recent posts explains why I feel he'd be better suited at WR, with an archetype (Eric Metcalf) to demonstrate my point.

Basically I'm sick of the excuses made by fans for Bush's play (rookie, decoy, ankle, can't wear #5, ol sux, defense is too good, etc). This doesn't mean I'm sick of Reggie Bush, because in my heart of hearts I know the guy has to play to either get it or not.

However, I'm already seeing signs that point to him being a better WR than RB. That doesn't mean he can't be a GOOD RB, just means he can be a BETTER WR. And don't we wanna utilize him in the best way possible? Isn't that what we want from ALL of our players -- to see them in a position that maximizes their ability to succeed?

In closing, I've been cheering for the Saints since I was 2 years old, and my mom bartended in the Dome for extra money to, in part, pay off my medical expenses. You could say my life is intrinsically tied to this team (though more specifically to its lush fanbase). Don't EVER imply that I'm not a Saints fan again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom