Cold Pizza (1 Viewer)

muddbug2

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, both have the Saints in the top 3 in NFC and wonder why Brees is not getting the respect that Romo is getting.

It is about time someone said it. I heard on their show yesterday them talking about how Romo's technique needs work and he will eventually get exposed if he iss not careful

I say forget about the whole Romo deal. He's played well in his first 5 games but I feel his stock will drop before the end of the regular season as we're sure to see him have some bad games. I almost feel it starting this week with NYG. This is an intense Division rivalry and I know that the Giants' defense will be aiming to stop him with all this hype around him. At the end of the regular season, if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow.

It is about time someone said it. I heard on their show yesterday them talking about how Romo's technique needs work and he will eventually get exposed if he iss not careful

If anyone can expose him, it's definitely Payton. He knows Romo better than anyone on the Dallas team. It will be interesting to see what we do to disrupt him.

If anyone can expose him, it's definitely Payton. He knows Romo better than anyone on the Dallas team. It will be interesting to see what we do to disrupt him.

Good point.

And regarding technique, a couple of weeks ago I read that Brees went in on a Monday to work on his. This guy is determined to do everything right.

Romo hasn't played many good teams either. He came in at the half on the Giants game, which he still threw an interception in (I think it was the opening drive of the 3rd qtr too), lost to Washington who is not playing good at all, Carolina who is so hit or miss, and Tampa Bay who also played pretty poorly. Now Indy is definately an elite team, but an elite team who was destined to lose sooner or later.

I think the Cowboys are good, but not great by any means. Keep in mind though, Coach Payton pretty much groomed the guy and this is his 4th year in the league. He isn't a rookie.

<p>I think the Romo love wouldn't be so intense if it wasn't for the fact that he threw 5 tds on national tv Thanksgiving day. Those national showcases usually get a big buzz going. </p>
<p>Now granted, for Romo, he was already getting a lot of love prior to going off on Tampa's defense, but it's hard not to pay attention and talk up a guy when most of america watched him throw touchdown after touchdown.
Even my girlfriends mother, who almost never watches pro football, said : "Is that guy (Romo) the best player in football? He's sure playing like it!"
-- As we all know, national sportscasters don't report on things that die-hard fans or students of the game care about. Why? Because we already know everything they know. They dip into the flavor of the week (in this case Romo -- three weeks ago it was a pass-happy Vick if you'll remember) to look like geniuses to the casual sports fan. <p>Praising a "hot" player and dubbing him the "best" is a weekly occurence.</p>
<p>It's a marathon not a sprint. Brees is a veteran playing at an astrnomical level, Romo is the flavor of the week. He may have a few super games in his future, but he's not immune to the struggles that will inevitably befall him when these defensive coordinators, who get paid lots of money, get a little film on Mr. Romo and start disrupting his game.

It has dawned on me that this is a taste of what it must be like to have had QBs like Peyton or Montana for years.

I'm not comparing Brees to those guys (yet), but how long has it been since New Orleans fans were able to expect that our QB would routinely light up the opposing defense?

What a season!

Every time there is a new up and comer the media goes crazy. Their starving for a story and what bigger audience than Cowboy's fans? When Brady came in to supplant Bledsoe it was the same thing- heck even AB had a big media frenzy. There's a new kid in town. The novelty will wear off once people get tired of the same old same old. He deserves what he has earned by playing well. I don't begrudge him. Drew will get his due. Besides if you gave Drew the option I'd bet personal glory and adoration would fall a distant second to this team making it deep into January- dare I say FEB?

Well, there is a silver lining to Romo's success. I've not heard about T.O. in a long while, of course it might just be that T.O. realizes he looks like an idiot calling out his QB when dropping TD passes after complaining about not getting the ball.

Well, there is a silver lining to Romo's success. I've not heard about T.O. in a long while, of course it might just be that T.O. realizes he looks like an idiot calling out his QB when dropping TD passes after complaining about not getting the ball.

looks like???????????

Jackers is right on. The Defensive ranking of the teams Romo beat are:
Carolina 8
Washington 28
Arizona 30
Tampa 23
Indy 13

As I see it, the jury is still out.

Here's why the Saints will beat the Cowboys...

1. Payton groomed Romo. He knows his strengths and weaknesses.
2. Gibb has seen Romo play against his defenses in practice before.
3. Paypack for preseason game (hypothetical)

<p>I think the Romo love wouldn't be so intense if it wasn't for the fact that he threw 5 tds on national tv Thanksgiving day. Those national showcases usually get a big buzz going. </p>
<p>Now granted, for Romo, he was already getting a lot of love prior to going off on Tampa's defense, but it's hard not to pay attention and talk up a guy when most of america watched him throw touchdown after touchdown.
Even my girlfriends mother, who almost never watches pro football, said : "Is that guy (Romo) the best player in football? He's sure playing like it!"
-- As we all know, national sportscasters don't report on things that die-hard fans or students of the game care about. Why? Because we already know everything they know. They dip into the flavor of the week (in this case Romo -- three weeks ago it was a pass-happy Vick if you'll remember) to look like geniuses to the casual sports fan. <p>Praising a "hot" player and dubbing him the "best" is a weekly occurence.</p>
<p>It's a marathon not a sprint. Brees is a veteran playing at an astrnomical level, Romo is the flavor of the week. He may have a few super games in his future, but he's not immune to the struggles that will inevitably befall him when these defensive coordinators, who get paid lots of money, get a little film on Mr. Romo and start disrupting his game.

You nailed it. Nice post.

Well, both have the Saints in the top 3 in NFC and wonder why Brees is not getting the respect that Romo is getting.

1. Romo came out of nowhere and is looking really good
2. Romo throw the ball to T.O. and the media cant leave him alone
3. Romo plays for Bill Parcells who the media also have a major crush on
4. Romo is helping his celebrity cause with this Jessica Simpson talk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom