Cole Beasley set to become free agent (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
There is no doubt that we need a wide receiver to take pressure off of Michael Thomas. Smith and Kirkwood did a good job, but they are still green behind the ears. Cam Merideth could be that guy, but he has to recover from his injury.

Might I suggest Cole Beasley as an option. He is a possession receiver that we have lacked since Snead’s breakout year. Adding him to this offense would be a major coup in that it would also weaken the Cowboys.

Thoughts?

He's underrated because of the offense he's in. Excellent hands. I'd like to have him on the team if the price is right.

Cole is not the biggest or strongest guy out there but he's been very good in the slot for the Cows over the years even with Dak Bortles throwing him the ball.

He runs good routes and can create separation.

He's one of the best slot receivers in the NFL. What's Brees throwing him the ball he will be freaking awesome

Beasley is a nice dude. He was the QB at the high school near my home. Met him a few times out and about. I think he would be a good pick-up. He would also gel with the other SMU dudes in the locker room.

He would be completely ineffective in this offense. He is too small to take constant helmet to helmet hits before the ball arrives.

We don't use short speedy slot guys... no doubt we could use him, but that's not the prototypical Sean Payton WR. Austin Carr and Tommy Lee could play that role but Payton just doesn't have that in his offense. I can see him in New England next year.

We don't use short speedy slot guys... no doubt we could use him, but that's not the prototypical Sean Payton WR. Austin Carr and Tommy Lee could play that role but Payton just doesn't have that in his offense. I can see him in New England next year.
Lance Moore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom