Cole McDonald, QB Hawaii (1 Viewer)

Ok, so for his very last game at Hawai'i i'll post this.. it's the SOFI-Hawai'i Bowl vs. BYU & this just wraps up exactly what/who Cole is.. So if you have a few, kick back and watch, f-fwd will be your good friend considering it's the whole game.. LoL.. & don't just pay attention to Cole (although that's the point), but there's a couple nice WR's (Cedric Byrd, Jo-Jo Ward) to keep an eye on as well... but in the meantime, enjoy.. (the 2nd drive is nice btw.. start @ 12:23 in the 1st)

NW.

Hes interesting. Hes that guy who is a little bigger than you originally thought. Hes a little faster. Throws the ball a little better. Football IQ a little better then you thought. Pro comparison. I get a Fitzpatrick vibe from him.

Fitzmagic with serious wheels.

Indeed!

& while not the fastest HS times (& i'm sure he's gotten quicker since then considering the times were from 4 years ago) check the times of him as a Senior in Cali doin' the 100 & 200... not too shabby for a QB!

NW.

Looks like he’s a better prospect than Taysom was. I wouldn’t doubt that he could beat Taysom in camp. IMO there’s a good chance anybody we’d draft could do that

highlights are great and lowlights suck, supposedly is slow reading and rhythm dependent (the Pope would approve). Truly sucked against Washington with picks and bad decisions. Washington was the worst game and BYU was the best game for 2019, so see both and understand why he ain't a given anything. Is a development player for sure and not a backup level for Drew just yet. I love how physical the dude is, but does he have the gray matter to get on the level that SP needs? seems doubtful unless we go to run and shoot.

What round is this thread projecting for the kid? I'd take him day 3 and no sooner given his flaws and how hard it will be to get to NFL level competition....

Highlights are truly that, need a real and truly balanced look.

Once again, FTR, this is my guy in the 4th..

Granted ML isn't sit'n around with SP knockin'm down & trying to figure out a way to get some "Love" in the 1st... smh.. or worse, Tua (Mr. Injury, no thanks), can't imagine what the Saints would give up , but I really don't see ML even seriously, remotely, entertaining the thought.. injury questions vs. potential, your rollin' the dice, I don't think ol' Mick gambles like that..

The anticipation is killing me though.. can't wait to see how this turns out!

PS: & 1 more FTR, my 1st round pick: LB Kenneth Murray, and they "might" move up to get him if the timing is right, Saints need a LB like him, BADLY!.. he'd be an awesome Saint for years!!.. mark it!

June Jones:

As for McDonald, Jones liked the pro potential he saw from afar. McDonald threw for 70 career touchdowns and 8,032 yards in a UH uniform.

“I kind of like him. I think he’s gonna be down the line what Tom Brady was. I think when he gets to where he’s going, coaches will be surprised with his arm talent,” Jones said. “I think if he gets to the right place where he can develop as a quarterback, and being a sixth- or seventh-round pick, you’re never rushed into it, he’s gonna have a chance to make a team. I think that he’ll make a team as a quarterback.”

For both Tagovailoa and McDonald, Jones stressed that finding the correct fit and being in the right place will be the deciding factor in how their respective NFL careers go. But from a pure talent standpoint, he believes both have what it takes to last in the league.

“Anytime the quarterback can throw the ball, and he can run too, which nowadays you gotta move in the pocket and make things happen,” he said. “That’s something you gotta be able to do. Both (McDonald) and Tua have the ability to do that. That’s part of looking for a quarterback now.”

NW.

Last edited:
seems to have some arm talent. But, hard to tell from a simple highlight reel.

Some arm talent ????

.. again, to quote June Jones, who is not only a master coach of the passing game and former UH HC, but knows a little something about QB's, as well as being non-biased looking from the outside nowadays..

"As for McDonald, Jones liked the pro potential he saw from afar. McDonald threw for 70 career touchdowns and 8,032 yards in a UH uniform.

“I kind of like him. I think he’s gonna be down the line what Tom Brady was. I think when he gets to where he’s going, coaches will be surprised with his arm talent,” Jones said. “I think if he gets to the right place where he can develop as a quarterback.."

NW.

MacDonald is really good, but he 100% has a self destruct mechanism in his game that would rival the likes of Jameis Winston. He'd be a very interesting project player. If Payton can get into McDonald's head and rewire some of those crazy bad decisions, MacDonald has the potential to be a franchise QB. Im a fan, but he needs a TON of work, football IQ-wise.

If we are going to draft a Jameis Winston type and try to fix him, why not just sign the actual Jameis Winston and try to fix him? Especially when the actual Jameis Winston has better physical tools.

Tannehill might as well start cleaning out his locker.

If we are going to draft a Jameis Winston type and try to fix him, why not just sign the actual Jameis Winston and try to fix him? Especially when the actual Jameis Winston has better physical tools.

After "Eating the W" I can never take him seriously as a person or football player.

.. 13 years ago, same with Colt Brennan..

.. maaaaan, my hope is seriously slip'n..

.. anyways, the lyrics pretty much tell it..

.. & to add, I really hope #9 stays healthy.. & even more importantly, I REALLY hope Taysom is all that's advertised (?) , & even more importantly I hope there's a season!

NW.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom