Coleman and Snead make the same Money (1 Viewer)

Drew makes average guys look unbelieveable.

He's good but not nearly as good as his statline.

then why isn't Coleman tearing it up? you have to have talent first before Brees can weave his magic. Sneed catches the ball like a boss. Do not downgrade Sneed because of some ill advised preconception. People want to joke about how Cleveland is so horrible and laugh when someone who leaves there succeeds. Sneed is a very good player. Would he be as productive without Drew? Nope but that don't take away from the fact that he is a good receiver in his own right. He will get paid and he will continue to impress. Just be thankful we have someone on our team like that. Does all the dirty work and don't complain at all. He makes catches over the middle where he can get creamed but he does it without complaints.

then why isn't Coleman tearing it up? you have to have talent first before Brees can weave his magic. Sneed catches the ball like a boss. Do not downgrade Sneed because of some ill advised preconception. People want to joke about how Cleveland is so horrible and laugh when someone who leaves there succeeds. Sneed is a very good player. Would he be as productive without Drew? Nope but that don't take away from the fact that he is a good receiver in his own right. He will get paid and he will continue to impress. Just be thankful we have someone on our team like that. Does all the dirty work and don't complain at all. He makes catches over the middle where he can get creamed but he does it without complaints.

I'm not saying Sneed is garbage, but there are 40 guys as good as him in the NFL.

That's how the job market is in the NFL. He knew that going in. If he stays focused, he will earn a major payday.

He has great hands, lands on the spots Drew needs him at, and has great spacial awareness.
The Saints plucked a gem here. If we could only apply this to defense...

I'm not saying Sneed is garbage, but there are 40 guys as good as him in the NFL.

but you compared the two in wage earnings. both were undrafted and therefor not making the big bucks as of now. But there is no way you can say that Coleman is in the same class as Sneed. No way at all. Snead caught all nine of his targets for 172 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's loss to the Raiders. All nine targets. something from ESPN...

With Jimmy Graham traded to Seattle and Marques Colston fading, Snead was presented with a rare opportunity to start in one of the NFL's best offenses as a second-year undrafted free agent. He didn't disappoint, finishing tied for 25th among WRs in catches and 24th in yards. His 69 percent catch rate (18th highest) was certainly helped by the presence of Drew Brees, but Snead dropped only two of his 100 targets. Also a quality blocker, he is the front-runner to start opposite Brandin Cooks.

Many drafted receivers wish they had these stats. He will get paid and he is worth every penny of it.

So, by that logic, there are 40 receivers with stats comparable to Snead's, right? I don't think there were anywhere close to 40 players with almost 1,000 yards last season.

but you compared the two in wage earnings. both were undrafted and therefor not making the big bucks as of now. But there is no way you can say that Coleman is in the same class as Sneed. No way at all. Snead caught all nine of his targets for 172 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's loss to the Raiders. All nine targets. something from ESPN...

With Jimmy Graham traded to Seattle and Marques Colston fading, Snead was presented with a rare opportunity to start in one of the NFL's best offenses as a second-year undrafted free agent. He didn't disappoint, finishing tied for 25th among WRs in catches and 24th in yards. His 69 percent catch rate (18th highest) was certainly helped by the presence of Drew Brees, but Snead dropped only two of his 100 targets. Also a quality blocker, he is the front-runner to start opposite Brandin Cooks.

Many drafted receivers wish they had these stats. He will get paid and he is worth every penny of it.

I didn't compare their earnings. We shouldn't overpay sneed because of inflated stats he get's by playing with brees.

So, by that logic, there are 40 receivers with stats comparable to Snead's, right? I don't think there were anywhere close to 40 players with almost 1,000 yards last season.

There are 40 guys in the NFL who could easily put up those numbers in our offense after working with Drew the amount of time Sneed has.

I didn't compare their earnings. We shouldn't overpay sneed because of inflated stats he get's by playing with brees.

There are 40 guys in the NFL who could easily put up those numbers in our offense after working with Drew the amount of time Sneed has.

He put up those numbers after working with Drew for one offseason.

I don't think there are 40 guys who could come in and do that in one offseason. And it was an offseason where he came out of nowhere, so it isn't like he was in San Diego practicing with Brees while he was on the practice squad to start the year. Sorry, we couldn't even get that production out of 1st round pick Robert Meachem in one offseason...or actually, ever.

He put up those numbers after working with Drew for one offseason.

I don't think there are 40 guys who could come in and do that in one offseason. Sorry, we couldn't even get that production out of 1st round pick Robert Meachem in one offseason...or actually, ever.

Yes, there I am saying that after one and half seasons of working with Drew in this offense there are 40 guys who would put up the same numbers as Sneed.

This is a good thing. Remember how Junior Galette outplayed his UDFA rookie deal and we paid him early? Let's pump the brakes on paying guys before their deals come up.

Well first we gave him that 3 year deal that had a clause to where if he got 10 sacks each in the first 2 seasons then the contract is voided. That's why we redid his deal in the beginning of year 2, we knew he was gonna void that contract and we had to keep him. I'm sure we hoped he wouldn't implode on us. That gamble failed. I'd like to think Snead isn't even close to imploding on us. In fact, he's currently exploding on the NFL!

That's got nothing to do with what sneed is worth.

Nor does it matter which QB is throwing to him. You are basically insinuating that the man doesn't have talent because he's catching passes from Drew Brees. That's BS.

Yes, there I am saying that after one and half seasons of working with Drew in this offense there are 40 guys who would put up the same numbers as Sneed.

ok. you're right.

there are 40 guys in the league as good as Snead. they just can't match his production whatsoever with their current teams and would be beasts if we signed them. why we didn't just pick one off the scrap heap like we did Snead and drafted Thomas in the 2nd is beyond me then.

you are correct that you didn't compare the two by earnings. my mistake. sorry about that. but you can say that any receiver will have inflated stats because of Brees. You have to pay the going rate for production, no matter what manufactures the production as in receiver beasting out or Drew just being Drew.

Who are those guys? I know you are exaggerating somewhat to make your point but still, name me 20 guys who are not drafted starters that could come here and not drop passes, miss blocks, and get 1000 yards.

I think Snead is better than Moore. We'll know for sure by the end of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom