Coleman (1 Viewer)

I didn't think it was all that bad on Coleman. He should of never been thrown at on that play. They had 2 defenders right there and Grayson stared him down the whole time. It was a bad throw, Coleman got one hand one it, and luckily Collins was standing right there(actually had 3 defenders in that vicinity). Maybe he could of done somewhat better? Maybe he didn't think Grayson would throw it considering there were two defenders on him pretty much, so it caught him off guard?? I guess he could of done better, but I don't put that play all on him.
I agree. No way that was Colemans fault.
Terrible pass and triple covered

Happened so fast he barely had time to stick one hand out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That was an absolute terrible decision and pass by Grayson. That was not Coleman's fault on the play. It is so funny how anytime a ball is thrown in the direction of Coleman, some on the site will blame him for something.

Think Coleman will be given more slack , hard to really tell with any of the "bubble" wrs if they aren't playing with Drew

Though Coleman has shown last year he doesn't play big he is basically the #4 WR though our offense spreads it around

Personally, which doesn't mean it's best football decision, I'd rather kept Colston over Coleman at that spot though the true answer maybe another player all together ( wonder if that was the reason to bring in Hicks)

Coleman, while the INT wasn't his fault never did anything else doesn't seem to show much effort

Something we say about Australian rules footballers that size that play like that.. "**** mate he is soft as ****"

Last edited by a moderator:
... and no one literally plays like Jane. What's your point?

I mean, have we seen Jane play? I feel like we're giving up on her before she even plays a down. She might be a bright spot in this offense.

Seriously though, Coleman had two defenders all over him, stuck his hand out, and got hit immediately by a defender. There was nothing he could have done in that situation to make Grayson's pass catchable. Poor decision and poor throw from Grayson.

Coleman will make this team because of his familiarity with the offense and his ability to block on run plays. Let's not get ahead of ourselves after 10 snaps in the first preseason game.

Regardless of that one play last night, I have never been impressed by Coleman. Yes, he's tall, but that's about it.

Right now, he's at best the 4th WR on the charts. Include TE's and RB's and just see it from the point of view of pass catchers, he drops even further. I can't say that he's a good blocker either.

I will not have an issue if the coaching staff decide to give someone else a shot with his roster spot.

The interception wasn't his fault (although his effort on that play was terrible), but he ended up with zero catches last night.

Right now, his track feels an awful lot like Nick Toon's. He needs to do what Toon didn't do the year he got cut and actually make some plays in the preseason to instill confidence in the coaches.

I've posted this before.

Go to the 2:00 minute mark to hear comments about Brandon Coleman:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lgztTMa35Cg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

SP likes to have receivers who can block well in the run game which Coleman does. That might save him on the roster

I'll defend Coleman on this particular play. He just came out of his break and looked for the ball and it was there, he put a hand on it trying to make a play but batted it up. Grayson stared him down and threw into triple coverage, that play is all on him.

He doesn't have that killer instinct that you need as a WR. When the ball is in the air you need to have that mentality that, that ball is MINE! He doesn't have that. Thomas and Cooks do. Its sad that a guy his size does not have that but Tommylee Lewis at 5'7 does. Some guys have it some guys don't. He almost seems to be lazy at times. If he doesn't kick it up a notch this will probably be his last year here.

I wasn't happy with his play last night or last year. I kept hoping he had figured it out because he's massive, but it appears he hasn't. He has the same sort of half speed and softness JG displayed, but doesn't seem to jump as well and his routes appear sloppy. I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut, but not because of how he reacted on one horrible pass and attempt last night, but because there's a few young guys who already look better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom