Coleman (1 Viewer)

I just want to point out that throw was terrible. Grayson missed his spot and it was tight tight coverage. It's all on Grayson there. However I'm not impressed with Coleman in general and haven't been since he's been a Saint.

IO was attacked when I didn't like him coming out, and I still don't like him - talent-wise. He's never played any different than he's playing right now.

Can't believe that no one has pointed out how bad Coleman looked on the pick six to start the game. Colemans effort was so bad that I would of cut him on the spot. He literally looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

OK I was wondering who the intended receiver was.

I just want to point out that throw was terrible. Grayson missed his spot and it was tight tight coverage. It's all on Grayson there. However I'm not impressed with Coleman in general and haven't been since he's been a Saint.

I disagree. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it definitely could have been caught. Look at the catch TommyLee made later down the middle from McCown. It was a tougher catch and he made it. Coleman didn't even try to catch that pass.

I disagree. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it definitely could have been caught. Look at the catch TommyLee made later down the middle from McCown. It was a tougher catch and he made it. Coleman didn't even try to catch that pass.

BINGO!!!! We have a winner!!!!

I may be alone in this, but I'm not a fan of the player Coleman is. For all the reasons mentioned in this thread, he's an incredibly frustrating player. But at the same time, I can't ignore his potential. He has a physical profile that can't be taught, and the things that most get frustrated over are coachable.

We all knew he was a gigantic project when he went undrafted, and he still is that going into his third season. That shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I'd hate to see him lose his spot and go on to have a long career as someone's second or third receiver.

Yeah if Coleman makes this team over someone like Lewis I may throw myself down the stairs. On another note.....Thomas...dude is going to light the league on fire this year!

I just looked at it again. That was a very bad pass, close in, and Coleman barely had time to react to it. A better receiver would have done the same thing, but looked better doing it.

I didn't think it was all that bad on Coleman. He should of never been thrown at on that play. They had 2 defenders right there and Grayson stared him down the whole time. It was a bad throw, Coleman got one hand one it, and luckily Collins was standing right there(actually had 3 defenders in that vicinity). Maybe he could of done somewhat better? Maybe he didn't think Grayson would throw it considering there were two defenders on him pretty much, so it caught him off guard?? I guess he could of done better, but I don't put that play all on him.

No doubt it was a tough play... It was a bad pass, albeit catchable... The problem is he's 6'6" and he made little effort to go up and get it, he only used one arm. The fact of the matter, he was scared to get hit.

Where I disagree with you statement is, anyone can catch the easy balls with no one around you. He has shown the inability to make the tough play. He's a big guy and you should be able to count on him to make the tough play like Colton use to do. I don't think any QB would have confidence in throwing him a ball in a jump ball situation.

I have not been a fan of his since last pre season but I've held out hope he would improve and now I think that play pretty much sealed the deal for me.

I think he's big guy who plays small with inconsistent hands and lacks aggressiveness. I'd be surprised if he makes the team now barring injury...

I just looked at it again. That was a very bad pass, close in, and Coleman barely had time to react to it. A Smaller receiver would have done the same thing, but looked better doing it.

Fixed

WEAKNESSES Not an elite athlete. Has some buildup -- does not accelerate off the jam. Lacks big-time, explosive speed to blow by cornerbacks. Route running needs refinement. Not a confident hands catcher -- lets throws into his body and drops balls he shouldn’t. Shows some stiffness through his torso and is linear after the catch -- gears down to cut and elusiveness is limited. Marginal special-teams utility.

Yep, I'd say that analysis a few years back on Coleman was DEAD ON.

I agree that he didn't stand out last night. However, Coleman is going to make the roster. He's a big target and creates mismatches. Last season when targeted his average catch was 12 yrd so he's a stick mover. No third or fourth WR on this team is ever going to do more than what Coleman delivered last season. You just don't get the opportunity. Come on guys.

1. The interception was 100% Grayson's fault.

2. If the Saints staff really believed in Coleman, Michael Thomas doesn't get drafted.

3. Coleman is absolutely a bubble player.

Just because he "knows the offense" and "is a good blocker" doesn't mean he is a lock. Willie Snead didn't know the offense last season. He only came 16 yards short of 1,000 for the season. Also, Coleman hasn't played nearly enough real snaps for anyone to actually say he's a good blocker.

With Lewis making plays everywhere, at camp and now in the pre-season, and Coleman still being inconsistent and banking on "unknown potential", who do you think Payton is going to go with? Heck, who would you go with?

BINGO!!!! We have a winner!!!!

Not sure why the red thumbs, I'm agreeing with him that little Lewis made a spectacular catch on a similar bad throw when Coleman could not and Coleman's arms are as long as Lewis's whole body.

Familiarity or not I don't see him making the final 53 this year.

He is a very underwhelming player who is dangerously close to becoming Nick Toon II.

A couple of good looking young prospect receivers (Lewis, Harris) will make him expendable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom