Coleman (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't believe that no one has pointed out how bad Coleman looked on the pick six to start the game. Colemans effort was so bad that I would of cut him on the spot. He literally looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

Agreed, He's going to lose his spot to either Tommy Lee Lewis or Harris.

Red thumb away.

He knows the play book. He can be counted on the be in the right place. And that reliability means something but his individual assets just not good. Long arm body catcher. Big guy that don't play big and don't have no really physicality to his game. Don't change directions well either.

Yea I've always defended him but that was terrible. He could have potentially stretched both of his go go gadget arms and caught that. I also noticed he gave little effort in training camp when Crawley picked off Drew. Kinda like he's given up since we drafted Thomas.

Biggest problem with him is he doesn't seem to realize or know how to use his size. He wants to play like a little receiver. He needs to use those long arms and big body and dominate or risk getting cut...period.

He knows the play book. He can be counted on the be in the right place. And that reliability means something but his individual assets just not good. Long arm body catcher. Big guy that don't play big and don't have no really physicality to his game. Don't change directions well either.

Can he be counted on, though? Maybe he knows the routes but if you can't expect him to make the catch then you lose 1 option and the field gets smaller and more crowded. Plus, he needs to at least be in the camera shot trying to catch Collins on that pic 6. Dude just gave up right away.

As a fan, I pull for him. From a reality point of view, he doesn't look good and never has. Search many of the threads on SR about him and you'll see the samething. If he makes the team, it'll be because of his familiarity with the system, and that we're completely desperate at WR.

I think it's been largely untalked about because for a change there are some superb receivers ready to take his place

Now that Thomas has shown his ability when the bullets are flying, Coleman is going to have to fight to keep his roster spot. He isn't the only "big" receiver here anymore.

He doesnt use his size and never has. Thats a trait that wont last long in this offense. If he doesnt show improvement by week 3, one of the younger guys can take his roster spot. They seem alot hungrier than he is.

I didn't think it was all that bad on Coleman. He should of never been thrown at on that play. They had 2 defenders right there and Grayson stared him down the whole time. It was a bad throw, Coleman got one hand one it, and luckily Collins was standing right there(actually had 3 defenders in that vicinity). Maybe he could of done somewhat better? Maybe he didn't think Grayson would throw it considering there were two defenders on him pretty much, so it caught him off guard?? I guess he could of done better, but I don't put that play all on him.

I didn't think it was all that bad on Coleman. He should of never been thrown at on that play. They had 2 defenders right there and Grayson stared him down the whole time. It was a bad throw, Coleman got one hand one it, and luckily Collins was standing right there(actually had 3 defenders in that vicinity). Maybe he could of done somewhat better? Maybe he didn't think Grayson would throw it considering there were two defenders on him pretty much, so it caught him off guard?? I guess he could of done better, but I don't put that play all on him.

I agree. I went back and looked at that play and the pass that Grayson threw was a little behind Coleman and he was double covered.

I thought the reason no one blamed Coleman was because Grayson made a really bad decision to target him, then compounded it by throwing it too far behind him.

If that was Thomas and not Coleman, the results would have been the same except this thread would have never happened.

If that was Thomas and not Coleman, the results would have been the same except this thread would have never happened.

So true. Goodness help you on this forum if you are a depth role player who is not the new darling of the fans.

Yea I've always defended him but that was terrible. He could have potentially stretched both of his go go gadget arms and caught that. I also noticed he gave little effort in training camp when Crawley picked off Drew. Kinda like he's given up since we drafted Thomas.

Same here. I've been defending/advocating for him since he arrived as an UDFA but last night....while the pass wasn't great, he knocked it up into the air, then just watched as Jamie Collins ran it back for the TD. Not good.

At the end of last season it looked like the light had come on for Coleman - he was beginning to use his massive frame to shield off defenders and his long arms to catch tough passes. But last night and so far this TC he has returned to "playing small". I said before TC started it was his spot to lose...well he's doing a good job of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom