N/S Colin Kaepernick’s NFL workout: Last-minute change causes chaos (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they allow media? It’s insulting that they want to control the narrative when it’s just a workout. Honestly, the game would not be what it is if it weren’t for the contributions of African Americans and the league should be welcoming Colin Kaepernick’s efforts to make the country better.

I don’t care about your ignorant red thumbs. I’m wishing CK the best.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welp, so much for that.

I'm not sure why it had to be a private workout. I suspect the owners wanted it private if their team was going to be present.

That said, CK moving it to a location that far away on such short notice seems like a ridiculous decision. No one looks good here. I don't think this will help CK tbh.

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is about a potential new law suit.

The NFL should have given him more.

Set up the workout to have him sign a loaded release.

Link

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they allow media? It’s insulting that they want to control the narrative when it’s just a workout. Honestly, the game would not be what it is if it weren’t for the contributions of African Americans and the league should be welcoming Colin Kaepernick’s efforts to make the country better.

I don’t care about your ignorant red thumbs. I’m going CK the best.
It's standard fair at a private workout to have one crew filming and videos distributed. Kaepernick obviously wanted the circus and made a last minute request on Friday evening. He also wanted to film a Nike commercial while there.

If this guy gave one damn about actually playing in the NFL again, he'd have just went and worked out. If I'm setting up a workout for someone who demands to be given a fair shot or he's going to sue me, you damn well bet I'll want you sign waiver saying I've fulfilled my part of the deal. He should go ahead and file whatever other lawsuit he wants and get it over with.

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's standard fair at a private workout to have one crew filming and videos distributed. Kaepernick obviously wanted the circus and made a last minute request on Friday evening. He also wanted to film a Nike commercial while there.

If this guy gave one damn about actually playing in the NFL again, he'd have just went and worked out. He should go ahead and file whatever other lawsuit he wants and get it over with.

Read what I posted it was a trick.

NFL general counsel Jeff Pash tried to pull a fast one.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Set up the workout to have him sign a loaded release.
Come on. What's the point of providing the work-out if the person participating can sue you the moment he's not signed by a team? The waiver was the same one they use for the NFL combine. It's meant to avoid litigation over lack of employment guarantees.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Read what I posted it was a trick.

NFL general counsel Jeff Pash tried to pull a fast one.
It's not a "trick." Everyone knew from the beginning this was about providing him with an opportunity to satisfy his threats for a new lawsuit. The waiver was sent to him well ahead of time and he tried to send a different one back the night before. The NFL wasn't going to just hand him a workout without guarantees that he wouldn't turn around and sue them anyway if he's not signed.

Multi-billion dollar organizations don't get that way by being stupid.

He should just go file the lawsuit.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come on. What's the point of providing the work-out if the person participating can sue you the moment he's not signed by a team? The waiver was the same one they use for the NFL combine. It's meant to avoid litigation over lack of employment guarantees.
Pretty much. The NFL is gonna do what they have to to protect themselves. Especially with someone who has lawyers and already sued them in the past.

I have a bigger problem with the workout being private though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom