Colin Kaepernick contacted by AAF (1 Viewer)

He's not stupid. He knows the attention his name now brings and what it would mean to their revenue. It would be a featured highlight on sports networks just like Manziel. I wouldn't let them get rich off of me either!

He's not stupid. He knows the attention his name now brings and what it would mean to their revenue. It would be a featured highlight on sports networks just like Manziel. I wouldn't let them get rich off of me either!

Hate to state the obvious, but realistically how many people could he put in the seats? Maybe the average attendance goes up from 7 thousand to about 8 thousand? They may be looking for a big name, but the name Krapernick is not worth 20 million a year. Now if they could just interest Poop Johnson, attendance would skyrocket.

He must have endorsements or business ventures lined up. If so, I wouldn't accept 75k either

It only shows he has no interest in playing anymore.

He’s been crying he was blackballed, yet here is a league offering him a job along with hundreds of other players just like him that are vying for another shot at the NFL and he feels that it’s beneath him.

Hate to state the obvious, but realistically how many people could he put in the seats? Maybe the average attendance goes up from 7 thousand to about 8 thousand? They may be looking for a big name, but the name Krapernick is not worth 20 million a year. Now if they could just interest Poop Johnson, attendance would skyrocket.
You are ignoring TV ratings. The seats won't sell out for any of their games. Some NFL teams even struggle with attendance. But he would boost the TV ratings and thus their exposure. Every analyst show would have his performance as their topic the next day.

He’s been crying he was blackballed, yet here is a league offering him a job along with hundreds of other players just like him that are vying for another shot at the NFL and he feels that it’s beneath him.
Because he is. He IS an NFL level player. There aren't 32 starting QBs better than him. These guys in this league are hoping for a shot. They are not players that led an NFL team to a superbowl.

Guys, guys, guys.

Just stop.

We all know why nobody signed him, and it's not because he can't play. When you hold up his career stats against a number of other starters......come on. Just stop.

No legit NFL player is going to the AAF. You'll get some guys who are too old, hoping for a last shot and/or adrenaline rush, and wannabes, all of which is awesome.

But Kaepernick's refusal to dance in a particular role in what is at best the AA version of football is not an indication of his willingness and ability to perform at an NFL level. We all know what's going on. Let's enjoy the AAF for what it really could be -- a feeder league and a nice spring diversion. My fear is that the powers that be like the college feeder system as is, and they'll kill this, but we'll see.

I understand where Kap's coming from - but you can't let something like this out there when you're fighting a collusion case. "I'll only play for 19 million more than what those guys make" just gives legs to a "well, he wants too much to sign" counter.

Edit: Not saying he should go play in the AAF, or even that the price tag is true, but the optics are really bad.

Because it is. He IS an NFL level player. There aren't 32 starting QBs better than him. These guys in this league are hoping for a shot. They are not players that led an NFL team to a superbowl.

His 3-16 record in his last 19 starts says otherwise. He got benched TWICE in favor of Blaine Gabbert.

I understand where Kap's coming from - but you can't let something like this out there when you're fighting a collusion case. "I'll only play for 19 million more than what those guys make" just gives legs to a "well, he wants too much to sign" counter.

Edit: Not saying he should go play in the AAF, or even that the price tag is true, but the optics are really bad.
It wouldn't take 20 million for the NFL to sign him

Well he did @least play in a SB. So it is somewhat beneath him. He shouldn't have to vye for another shot IMO. But it does seem as if he's not interested anymore

His 3-16 record in his last 19 starts says otherwise. He got benched TWICE in favor of Blaine Gabbert.

It's a team sport. He played reasonably well for a terrible team, and he was an easy scapegoat for management that season.

Irony: he's essentially a pretty conservative quarterback. Doesn't take too many chances throwing, would rather tuck or run than throw into coverage, protects the ball, doesn't throw dumb picks and doesn't fumble (check the numbers). Go look at the stats his last full season, on a bad team -- he wasn't the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom