Colin Kaepernick contacted by AAF (1 Viewer)

You mean besides glorifying Castro while at the same time being a self proclaimed champion for human rights? Or a thousand other idiotic things he's done or said?

How about the fact that his supposed cause and his method of protesting for it have nothing to do with one another?
How about the fact that no one is oppressed in this country? If someone is, then who? And if so, where in the world would those people be less oppressed? And if that place exists, why not go there?
Wouldn't you agree that it is moronic to hate a country (or state, city, town, or neighborhood) and yet remain there when there are obviously better places to be?
What good has come of his antics? Tell me that. Has any good come of it? I've seen plenty of anger and bickering and regression, but little movement in a positive direction. I think the argument could be made that Kap has made this country a worse place to live if anything.
His protest was for a good cause and he used his platform. The two are related in a sense of using his NFL status and media availability to bring light to it.

Things are not equal in this country. His protest was due to the killing of innocent minorities by the hands of people who swore to protect and serve. The racial profiling by police officers is a real thing.

I never once heard him say he hated America. That's how you are interpreting his protest. That's on you not him.

The good that came from it is that he made some of the wrongs in this country a topic of discussion. Some people actually believe that there isn't any injustice in America from a racial standpoint. That just isn't true. It does exist and the only way to get past it and be better is to talk about it. His protest led to some tough conversations which was much needed. No one man can change a country so that wouldn't be a reasonable expectation anyway.

He made it worse for who?

There is a quarterback currently in the Hall of Fame who was 8-23 as a starter over a five-year stretch.

The HALL OF ******* FAME.

Can you name him without looking it up?

And Kaep can't get a legit shot to win a starting job.

Why is it so hard to throw your hands up and say, yeah, I get it, the owners are a bunch of rich trolls who don't want anybody making any political waves, so tough ****? Why can't people just admit that's how they feel?

I had to look it up. Couldn't believe it at first! Not spoiling it.

There isn't a method of protest that people would have accepted.

This insinuates that the majority of people were upset with why he did it and not what he did, that is false. Most against it thought it was very offensive to people that sacrificed their lives. So they were upset. Just because it wasn't violent doesn't mean it won't offend the wrong people. People who would have supported him. If he would have done it differently, at worst he would have got apathy instead of the huge push back.

Last edited:
There are people who are sympathetic to his cause but also thought it was very offensive. He lost those people. You can't divide people in two groups by two unrelated issues.

If you want to kid yourself, go ahead.

This insinuates that the majority of people were upset with why he did it and not what he did, that is false. Most against it thought it was very offensive to people that sacrificed their lives. So they were upset. Just because it wasn't violent doesn't mean it won't offend the wrong people. People who would have supported him. If he would have done it differently, at worst he would have got apathy instead of the huge push back.
People being offended because they don't care or understand doesn't fall on him. Plenty of people got it.

this whole thing is bull!
FAKE NEWS!
NO corroboration, from any source.
Amazing how many here jump all over lies that support their agenda & completely dismiss things they don't "believe in".
Sound familiar?
Alternative facts, fake news.

Same deception that spewed for the oval office that STARTED this whole dialogue!

Because he is. He IS an NFL level player. There aren't 32 starting QBs better than him. These guys in this league are hoping for a shot. They are not players that led an NFL team to a superbowl.
I think you are looking purely at talent and not at lockeroom impact. Like it or hate it, he’s a distraction. We all have a right to our opinions and expressions, but not a right to express them in the workplace. You don’t have to like that, but it doesn’t change the facts.
Being an NFL player does not give him or anyone more rights than anyone else. Period.
If I do things or express things at work that my company doesn’t like, I’m history.
Just saying..........

Guys, guys, guys.

Just stop.

We all know why nobody signed him, and it's not because he can't play. When you hold up his career stats against a number of other starters......come on. Just stop.

No legit NFL player is going to the AAF. You'll get some guys who are too old, hoping for a last shot and/or adrenaline rush, and wannabes, all of which is awesome.

But Kaepernick's refusal to dance in a particular role in what is at best the AA version of football is not an indication of his willingness and ability to perform at an NFL level. We all know what's going on. Let's enjoy the AAF for what it really could be -- a feeder league and a nice spring diversion. My fear is that the powers that be like the college feeder system as is, and they'll kill this, but we'll see.
Wow, guess you’re the most knowledgeable person in the room. Maybe we will all get to your superior level and truly understand what’s going on.

I think you are looking purely at talent and not at lockeroom impact. Like it or hate it, he’s a distraction. We all have a right to our opinions and expressions, but not a right to express them in the workplace. You don’t have to like that, but it doesn’t change the facts.
Being an NFL player does not give him or anyone more rights than anyone else. Period.
If I do things or express things at work that my company doesn’t like, I’m history.
Just saying..........
I doubt your company would let you go if you didn't stand for the anthem or discussed your unhappiness with police brutality & racial profiling in a peaceful way.

History will remember him fondly. Ali, John Carlos, and Tommie Smith are considered heroes. Kap is of that ilk. Many on this board have the luxury of not having to care about the issues of policing in communities of color. Enjoy your privilege!
Just a general question: Would you put your life on the line every single day for 50k/year?

Just wondering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom