Colin Powell Hacked Emails (1 Viewer)

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Colin Powell: Donald Trump is 'an international pariah' - CNNPolitics.com

I'm not surprised on his comments about Trump. He's just saying what every semi-intelligent person already knows.

His comments on the Benghazi hearings though, wow. The fact that Condi Rice agreed with him that it was a "stupid witch hunt?" That's in some ways shocking but also something I think a lot of folks already understood.

Pretty interesting stuff here.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Colin Powell: Donald Trump is 'an international pariah' - CNNPolitics.com

I'm not surprised on his comments about Trump. He's just saying what every semi-intelligent person already knows.

His comments on the Benghazi hearings though, wow. The fact that Condi Rice agreed with him that it was a "stupid witch hunt?" That's in some ways shocking but also something I think a lot of folks already understood.

Pretty interesting stuff here.
It's funny though, he didn't have much nice to say about Hillary either. He sounds like one of those "How do we have these two awful choices for President?" people.

He wrecked Trump, and I'm glad he did because Trump would ruin the Presidency IMO. Trump is the worst possible choice, and as much as I can't stand Hillary, I think we'd be ok with her. I'm still likely gonna vote Libertarian or write-in. Hillary should easily win Virginia, but if the polls are within the margin of error, I might consider voting Hillary.

OP
Saint by the Bay

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Another good article on it. This quote about Hillary is :covri:

"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still dicking bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."
Colin Powell

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did Colin Powell really say "still dicking bimbos" on the record? Wow. Laughing hard.

OP
Saint by the Bay

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did Colin Powell really say "still dicking bimbos" on the record? Wow. Laughing hard.
Not on the public record but in personal leaked emails. There's a lot of stuff in there I wouldn't expect Powell to say.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but still a work email. Too funny. Honestly, I'm a nobody, but I can't imagine on a Microsoft or other employer account using the phrase "dicking bimbos". Hell, when I want to email a coworker to ask if he heard about a new game release I use gmail rather than work mail. I guess some of it is at what point in your life you started using email and how you think of it. Maybe he came to it late.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another good article on it. This quote about Hillary is :covri:

Colin Powell
Holy $&*%! Wow, that's crazy and awesome. I didn't see that. Brutal.

Does anyone else see the irony in this quote? LMAO

Powell also made the argument that work emails shouldn’t really be subject to public record rules, since email is a casual communication tool of convenience akin to the telephone. "They are going to dick up the legitimate and necessary use of emails with friggin record rules,"
"If it is public that you have a BlackBerry and it it [sic] government and you are using it, government or not, to do business, it may become an official record and subject to the law," Powell wrote. "Be very careful. I got around it all by not saying much and not using systems that captured the data."

OP
Saint by the Bay

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, but still a work email. Too funny. Honestly, I'm a nobody, but I can't imagine on a Microsoft or other employer account using the phrase "dicking bimbos". Hell, when I want to email a coworker to ask if he heard about a new game release I use gmail rather than work mail. I guess some of it is at what point in your life you started using email and how you think of it. Maybe he came to it late.
Was it a work account? I thought it was his personal account. I need to read the articles closer.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're right again, the article just said emails, and I assumed they targeted work. The tweet with the good quote though is plain old gmail. So makes more sense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is a good Colin Powell email <a href="https://t.co/66krJvciYL">pic.twitter.com/66krJvciYL</a></p>&mdash; Will Rahn (@willrahn) <a href="https://twitter.com/willrahn/status/776100071658098688">September 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There's also the fact that he's Colin Powell. Dude is crazy respected within the military community, and is deserving of it.

There was an event at my command, and it was surreal watching the usually puffed up "alpha" officers scampering around like preteens at a One Direction concert, just giddy that he was in their presence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom