collecting stuff (1 Viewer)

Sometime around freshman year of college, I found a few of my old Star Wars figures in an old toy box. It brought back such a flush of memories that I soon became obsessed with completeing the collection. I went to toy shows, flea markets, thrift stores and a few comic shops buying and buying and buying. When I discovered Ebay it was all over. I completed my collection to about 90% and sunk a lot of funds into it. It was crazy.
I was worried I'd become a hoarder of sorts, so I put it all on Ebay and made a few bucks parting with it all.
For me it was never about the collection itself, but more about the thrill of the hunt and the rush of acquiring the thing you sought.
It was fun, but my wallet and tiny house are glad I'm done with it.

joe-logo1.jpg

My dad had a Falstaff ditribution comp;which I have a nice collection of old Falstaff memorabilia...

Small figurines from the countries I've been, with the exception of Colombia and Scotland. I'll have to get one next time I go.

I have a viking ship from Norway, The Eiffel Tower/Arc from France, Little Dutch Boy/Girl from Holland, and a ship from Singapore (I've never been to Singapore, but may be going in January).

Hazy memories, handmade trolling lures mainly from Hawaii and leaders from any sort of Marlin that I catch or gets caught when I'm on the boat.

I have at least 200 assorted lures and another 50 or 60 scuffed up leaders and several scars to show for them.

Scifi book and paperbacks.

I have roughly 4000 :covri: (takes up a LOT of space)

I have a large collection of old - some of which is first edition, stories by Asimov, Henlein, Clarke, Niven,Vogt, Stugeon ,Bradbury,Kornbluth, Vance, Anderson and a whole lot more. I also have several complete seasons of both Amazing and Astounding/Analog as well as a lot of seasons which still are incomplete.

I also have a lot of more current Scifi books and my collection is still growing.

Hazy memories, handmade trolling lures mainly from Hawaii and leaders from any sort of Marlin that I catch or gets caught when I'm on the boat.

I have at least 200 assorted lures and another 50 or 60 scuffed up leaders and several scars to show for them.

I collected lures too. Not trolling offshore stuff but inshore salt and freshwater stuff. I lost it all in Katrina, but I plan on starting up again. I had various Shakespeare minnows dateing from around 1910-12 to 1930's or so, Heddon lures dateing back to 1911 to 1930's and a few Pflueger lures and some Southbend Lures. I guess all in all I had only about 75-100 lures some worth alot($650-750 each) some not so much.

do any of you out there collect stuff? yes
What do you collect? i used to have a ridiculous comic book collection that was passed down to me from an old family friend. it was mostly 60s-80s era Marvel and DC, with some independent titles as well. i had 15 boxes that held 250 books each, and this included some really marquee titles like early Avengers, Fantastic 4, Xmen, Detective Comics (and Batman), Justice League, Action Comics (and Superman). Katrina took all but the 5 boxes that were at the top of the stack. :(

i've been collecting NES games (original 8-bit Nintendo) for a long time as well. im up to 375 cartridges right now out of a possible 795 titles that have been sold in the US.

How did you get started collecting that which you collect? the comics were given to me when i was 10 because i was obsessed with Wolverine and Iron Man.
Does it aggravate or make angry anyone that you collect something? ive had ex girlfriends who were annoyed by my NES collection, because i always spent mall time in gametrader trying to find carts that i didnt have, and even went to garage sales for them.
If you ever "finish" your collection will you stop or just find something else out there to collect? the NES collection will actually be completed at some point, since they dont make new titles for it. i gave up on most comics because i lost so much and will never have the money to replenish what was destroyed. i ended up buying a lot of the stories in trade paperback just to make up for them.

/thecollectOr!!

At one time I had the 2 Hulk comics that introduced the Wolverine. I sold them both in 1990 for 250.00. Hate to know what they are worth now.

I collected lures too. Not trolling offshore stuff but inshore salt and freshwater stuff. I lost it all in Katrina, but I plan on starting up again. I had various Shakespeare minnows dateing from around 1910-12 to 1930's or so, Heddon lures dateing back to 1911 to 1930's and a few Pflueger lures and some Southbend Lures. I guess all in all I had only about 75-100 lures some worth alot($650-750 each) some not so much.

Man, that freaking stinks. I have, or at least think I still have, a few old Zaras and some other light tackle stuff that I was given some time ago. I don't know much about any of it, but I'll go look for it when I head to the house later and if I find it I'll send it to you to help you get back on the horse.

My roof blew off and windows crashed during Ivan, but I'm at 80' of elevation so nothing disappeared and, thankfully, lures are waterproof. Every time I hear about stuff being lost to flood it makes me freaking sad. Sorry.

I didn't count fishing lures.....Where do I start....with my 25lb pag of plastic baits, or the boxes of spinner, buzz, crank and other types of fresh water baits....Should I count my 16 rods and reels...?

Hard drives full of pron. And Saints stuff

Old electric fans. (Got any?)
Saints stuff. Baseball and football cards, not actively collecting these anymore, the hobby has become too expensive and saturated. Ertl die cast banks with JCPenney on them (I work for them).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom