collecting stuff (1 Viewer)

Man, that freaking stinks. I have, or at least think I still have, a few old Zaras and some other light tackle stuff that I was given some time ago. I don't know much about any of it, but I'll go look for it when I head to the house later and if I find it I'll send it to you to help you get back on the horse.

My roof blew off and windows crashed during Ivan, but I'm at 80' of elevation so nothing disappeared and, thankfully, lures are waterproof. Every time I hear about stuff being lost to flood it makes me freaking sad. Sorry.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I didn't count fishing lures.....Where do I start....with my 25lb pag of plastic baits, or the boxes of spinner, buzz, crank and other types of fresh water baits....Should I count my 16 rods and reels...?
I got a ton of that stuff too FLIPPY. I was talking antique lures made in the early 1900's that I picked up during my travels in the OLE VAN(tm) .

I got a ton of that stuff too FLIPPY. I was talking antique lures made in the early 1900's that I picked up during my travels in the OLE VAN(tm) .

NICE!!!!!

I'd love to see some of those old lures, pm me some pics....Have any old Creek Chub or Smithwick lures.....?
I have a buddy that's got a nice collection of antigue casting reels....and rods....

Sports Memorablia, I spend WAY TOO MUCH money on the stuff, but i've got a nice collection.

Where to start??? I started collecting things that I thought would accumulate value, in the mid 1980's. Some depression glass, some early American pottery ( hard to pass up a piece that cost 50 cents at a yard sale that is a rare piece that you can get $600 for it), poodles and every and anything they show up on and a few other things. My biggie: Barbies. I don't know how many I have total and I haven't invested in a few years because of the economy, but I think I have close to 400 of them. Lots of older ones and some highly collectible ones still in the box.

When my kids were young in the 80's they were always hollaring for McDonalds. We did a lot of traveling on the weekends and usually ended up at the Golden Arches for lunch.

I hate Mickey D's. Just can't stand the food there. So, I started ordering a Happy Meal with my kids. Same plastic food as the adult menu, less cost.

Well, I started saving all of the toys I got in the Happy Meal, including the original box. I had hundreds of them. Kept them in large moving boxes in the storage area of the garage. My wife hated it.

When we moved to NOLA in '98, we had to downsize because of housing prices and my wife gave me the ultimatum. GET RID OF ALL THE McD toys. She wanted to know what I was going to do with them. I told her I was saving them for retirement and planned to open a junk shop and sell those suckers for a lot of money.

As you can guess, I lost the argument. My youngest was 8 years old and was shocked when I told her she could open up all the toys that I had been collecting for 15 years. She had a ball.

Now that I live back in Texas, I've started a Texas Longhorn collection. I visit the local UT Co-op often and always buy something. My wife complains, but I've learned my lesson. I'm keeping this stuff.

Well, I started saving all of the toys I got in the Happy Meal, including the original box. I had hundreds of them.
did your collection include the mcdonalds transformers? like a mcDlt that turned into a pterodactyl? those were the coolest

NICE!!!!!

I'd love to see some of those old lures, pm me some pics....Have any old Creek Chub or Smithwick lures.....?
I have a buddy that's got a nice collection of antigue casting reels....and rods....
Wish I could Flippy....all was lost in Katrina. Anyway, I would like to start collecting them again but I'm just not sure that I want to. I did have a couple of the smithwick lures. If I recall they were the DEVIL HORSE toothpick and a SPOTTED APE. I also had a few Creek Chub lures too

My brother bought a pack of 1981 basketball cards for $3.50 and got the Bird/Magic/Dr. J card. Currently worth $300+ :rant:

He also has the first few Wolverine comics,($150-$600 ea)

Me, I collect useless info in my brain pan, some day, Jeopardy will be mine!

I collect pewter figurines from Le Petit Soldier Shop. I live in Oklahoma now but, I visit home every year and, I purchase two to three a trip.

if it's signed I want it: books, photos, sports autos, celibrity autos, it's like a drug.

and tools, the ones you never really use, but that you just might need one day. i dont think there is an atachment for the Dremel that I dont have, it's kinda sad on some levels.

I collect diecast cars of all scale sizes,camaros mostly.I use to collect all diecast 1:18th scale muscle cars and exotics but that got too expensive..took up too much room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom